RIP New Chrome XL Manual???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockerella

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
San Fernando Valley, CA
So I left my three week old XL manual batt on the charger last night. Light was green on the charger when I get up. I pick it up this morning, go for a vape and....nothing. No sizzle, no LED. :confused:

I figure I'll stick it back on the charger when I get home. So - I put it on the charger this afternoon - LED blinks 4 times. I'm a happy girl. :p

Then the charger light turns green immediately. I'm a VERY happy girl. :lol:

I pull it off the charger, ready for some English Toffee action... and nothing.:( Repeat steps two and three. And.... nothing. :-x

The switch was always a bit "funky" - you had to hit it right in the sweet spot to get 'er to turn on. It doesn't seem stuck at all. :confused:

Think I got a goner on my hands or does someone have any tips? I know Mark and Steve will take care of me if she's dead, but I'll try resuscitation if anyone has any ideas....

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
Good catch, Taryn!

If you get enough leakage, it sounds reasonable that the juice could be shorting out between the center post and outer ring.

Before I pitched it, I would give it a good cleaning including that area. You could use a paper match (the torn off end) as a brush to get down in there using whatever solvent you choose.

zdaddyl

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2009
Lima,OH
So I left my three week old XL manual batt on the charger last night. Light was green on the charger when I get up. I pick it up this morning, go for a vape and....nothing. No sizzle, no LED. :confused:

I figure I'll stick it back on the charger when I get home. So - I put it on the charger this afternoon - LED blinks 4 times. I'm a happy girl. :p

Then the charger light turns green immediately. I'm a VERY happy girl. :lol:

I pull it off the charger, ready for some English Toffee action... and nothing.:( Repeat steps two and three. And.... nothing. :-x

The switch was always a bit "funky" - you had to hit it right in the sweet spot to get 'er to turn on. It doesn't seem stuck at all. :confused:

Think I got a goner on my hands or does someone have any tips? I know Mark and Steve will take care of me if she's dead, but I'll try resuscitation if anyone has any ideas....
Similar story:
I just got a new black shorty batt, used up the initial charge, placed it on the charger, tried it 4 hrs later and nothing. No led, no sizzle, no vape :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread