Riva 510 battery problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

knobbysmoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
North Texas
Hoping someone can help me. Got my beautiful Riva kit 2 1/2 weeks ago. Love the Riva and love LF. Have been using these batteries about 3-4 hours a day on average. Four days ago one stopped taking a charge and last night the other died. Is there a trick to these to bring them back to life? I got some eGo pass-throughs to keep me going but the Riva is my favorite and I am bumming. Anyone else have this problem or did I just have really bad luck?

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
You aren't lifting it more than a fraction of an inch, tiny amount, so it just comes up slightly compared to the white insulator around the edge of the center contact. Sometimes people (including me) manage to screw an atty/carto down tight and it pushes that center terminal a bit too far down, so that ti won't make contact with the battery charger.

When you screw the battery into the charger, you also don't need to screw it in super tight. Once you see the battery button flash and the charger turn solid red (charging), that's enough.

(I've had two not-really-dead batteries where that's all that was wrong -- I screwed things together too tightly.)

CurlyBmore

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Baltimore
Count me as another who had a problem with one Riva battery. Another thread showed an older Riva with smaller lettering and a newer one where the Riva was larger on the gold band and had thicker looking metal near the connector. I am impressed with LF due to their quick response and willingness to rectify the problem and take care of customers.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Hey Curly - Just wanted to remind you to send an email to LF. To be on the safe side, I would include your order number.

Support : support@liberty-flights.com

You want to make sure that support is aware of your issue too. Sometimes things can get overlooked in a thread like this if you know what I mean.

Sorry to read about your problem. Your email should get you on the way to getting it resolved.

Paula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread