Riva battery wont charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plantgirl

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
NC
Ive had this Riva battery for one month with no problems. Now when I put it on the charger the light stays green and the battery when taken off of it just fflashes a couple of times then its out. So obviously it didnt take the charge. Its not the charger as it is working correctly with my other batteries. Is this battery shot?

Edited to say...It is fully charged! Its light stays on when you push the button but when you put an atty on it, it flashes and keeps flashing but produces no vapor.

Last edited:

Plantgirl

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
NC
Are you using a riva charger or a 510 charger?

Im using the USB charger that came with it The charger isnt the problem, the batteries just will not work with an atty or carto attached, Its like a connection thing. The weird thing is they both are doing it now. And no..its not the atties Ive checked them with other batteries and they're fine.

Last edited:

boredoutofmynut

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
have u tried banging the batery on the table, atty side up.
i had this problem, what happens is thbattery inside creeps up losing connection with casing( the negative connection is a blob of solder at the bootom off casing conecting to a blob of solder on the battery so any movement makes it disconnect) keep tapping it on table . the switch is soldered to battery so always works. .... design, but ego is same....

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
This sounds to me like a charger problem. I'd try getting another charger before giving up or declaring the Riva a failure.

Edit: Also, someone asked if you use a LR atty. I posted in another thread about a supplier claiming LR atty's damage Riva batteries and there was some discussion about that possibility.

Last edited:

Plantgirl

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
NC
This sounds to me like a charger problem. I'd try getting another charger before giving up or declaring the Riva a failure.

Edit: Also, someone asked if you use a LR atty. I posted in another thread about a supplier claiming LR atty's damage Riva batteries and there was some discussion about that possibility.

No its NOT the charger. And I have 3 chargers..they all work. No its not an LR atty, Ive tried it with just plain ol 510 atties. I tried the tapping thing. No dice, But.....thanks for the replies.

OT Bahnzo..is that John Bonham in you avatar? Duh now I get your name!

Last edited:

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
No its not an LR atty, Ive tried it with just plain ol 510 atties.

But have you used LR atty's with them? There have been reports of LR's just popping the battery.

Something's fishy....one battery not working...yeah, stuff breaks. Both not working all of a sudden at the same time, something else caused it. Just my thinking.

Plantgirl

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
NC
No never used an LR atty with them. And no, nothing is fishy, this is the same thing that happened with the Rivas I had before which the vendor replaced a few weeks ago. I contacted him, and hes aware of problems with these batteries. Hopefully it wont happen to you. A member here will be receiving my batteries soon and hopefully he can shed some light on this matter.

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
No never used an LR atty with them. And no, nothing is fishy, this is the same thing that happened with the Rivas I had before which the vendor replaced a few weeks ago. I contacted him, and hes aware of problems with these batteries. Hopefully it wont happen to you. A member here will be receiving my batteries soon and hopefully he can shed some light on this matter.

Weird....care to mention the vendor you got these from to make sure I don't find the same?

Broseybrose

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Is it really true that LR attys can give Riva batts problems?

I ordered 2 Rivas (one for me one for dad) from eastmall and 5pc EM LR attys. I read somewhere that the combination makes for a killer vape.

Im going to do it anyway, but id like to know if theres a risk factor involved.

Oh, OP: It does sound like maybe your charger's acting a little funky. Did you try cleaning the part of the charger that makes contact with the batt? Perhaps isopropyl alcohol on a q-tip?

edit- Seems the batteries are the problem? Bummer. Hope mine from EM work right...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread