Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    OOOOOOOOOk!!!!

Got the Riva 510 as suggested here-very happy. Going to order spare parts. Folks here say it's a clone of the Joye, correct?
    WHICH JOYE???????????

-JOYE EGO?
    -JOYE EGO MEGA?
    -JOYE 510?
    -JOYE EGO-T?
    -JOYE MEGA?

Some of the sites use the name, not necessarily telling you the Mah's and such that I need to re-order the proper batts, attys, chargers, switch covers,etc.

TY,Bob

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Hickory, NC
    OOOOOOOOOk!!!!

Got the Riva 510 as suggested here-very happy. Going to order spare parts. Folks here say it's a clone of the Joye, correct?
    WHICH JOYE???????????

-JOYE EGO?
    -JOYE EGO MEGA?
    -JOYE 510?
    -JOYE EGO-T?
    -JOYE MEGA?

Some of the sites use the name, not necessarily telling you the Mah's and such that I need to re-order the proper batts, attys, chargers, switch covers,etc.

TY,Bob

It's a clone of the eGo. The eGo is the battery type. An eGo-T is an eGo battery with a special atomizer and a tank. The eGo/Riva will take the 510 stuff. There is also a 510 battery. It won't take the eGo stuff.

What you got is the equivalent to an eGo with a couple 510 atomizers and carts. You could use those atomizers and carts on a 510 battery. It just wouldn't last as long.

dormouse

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 31, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    You can use 510 or Ego standard and low resistance atomizers and cartomizers

With an Ego tank atomizer you can use an Ego tank

Mega Ego batteries are longer batteries - I don't know if they or any Ego batteries fit your cones or if you would need an Ego cone

Mega atomizer has a longer tube and uses mega carts - not recommended. Most people get sick of carts anyway and use cartomizers and/or they drip on the atty w/ a drip tip

mega 510 batteries are slim and long and for 510 - you can use them with standard resistance attys and cartos but THEY NEED THEIR OWN CHARGER - the Riva or Ego charger can damage a slim battery

My suggestions - if you are using atty and carts (standard length carts) buy the precut blue foam stuffing for 510 at strictlyejuice.com. And buy some cartomizers to try - try the Boge soft caps (standard resistance for normal hit, low resistance for a hotter hit). You may need to remove your cone to use cartos or buy a 510 extender (Madvapes.com) to lift the carto above the cone or look for a Riva carto cone

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Riva/eGo/Tornado are all interchangeable -cones, charger, attys. The mega eGo attys - two types - B type or cylinder 2.5ml carts, and A type or cone attys 1.5ml all work on the Riva as do the tank attys. There are mega attys and carts (not mega eGo attys and carts :) that also fit but I certainly wouldn't recommend them - wicking problems... And the regular 510 and 306 attys and carts also will work... I know some of that is covered with the other posts. I wanted to differentiate between the 510 mega attys and the mega eGo attys, the last of which are my 2nd favorite - the tank systems being the best for me.

Rosa

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 18, 2010
    Beaverton, Oregon!
    basically, anything that says "eGo" or "510" in the description will fit on your Riva batteries.

There are a couple items that need to be ordered with matching parts:

eGo-T tank atomizer WITH eGo-T tanks (so you can't just order the tank atomizer, you need the tank carts too)
    510 mega atomizer WITH 510 mega carts (so the mega atomizer needs the mega cart)
    510 chargers are only for the small 510 batts, eGo chargers are for eGo batts

Other than that, the sky's the limit: tanks, LR atty's, megas, cartos, clearos, maps..... as long as it's for the 510 or the eGo you are good to go! :thumbs:

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Gosh, had this long reply typed out- but the site keeps logging me out if I pause too long.
    Anyway, ty all for the replies, has helped much.
    I'm gonna get the blue foam then also- but I'm gonna pass on the cartos- gonna get the Go-Go for my out of the house PV.

ty,bOB

It's the server not keeping up - lots of problems with that lately - you have to go into 'copy mode' for any replies because you'll lose it. Copy all before sending....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread