Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Look at the center pin of the connector it should be sit slightly past the threads.

The RM2 on the left is not out far enough, the center one is correct, the right is too far out.
IMAG1842-L.jpg

SeaNap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Atlanta
Unless you were planning on milling down the catch cup on the grand (This is what I did) or have access to a lathe to mill the LP RM2, I don't think you'll be vaping on the REO today :(

Here's the break down:

Standard REO Grand = Great for using the Standard RM2, Rob's modified Igo-s (RM3?), Standard Cyclone BF (NON afc), or cartomizers.

Low Profile (LP) Grand = Great for using ANY 510 RBA. Cyclone with AFC cap, Trident, Patriot... etc. Not for use with cartomizers. Recommended is the LP RM2 (this is purely for aesthetics either RM2 will work but the LP looks better)

I've modified a few RBA's for BF, but the standard grands catch cup wouldn't accomodate them. There was a thread a while back where a few of us milled it ourselves or sent it in to Rob to mill it. It became popular so Rob started to offer it on his site. It is pretty clear in the descriptions on the website.

Your Options:
Based on the descriptions above, decide if you really wanted a LP or Standard REO. If you do not plan on using cartomizers, and like to use a wide variety of RBA's then I would send the grand back to either get it milled, or exchange it with a LP (I cannot comment on cost, discuss with Rob).

If you only plan on using it with only a RM2 or Igo-s, or carto's than I would send the RM2 back to be exchanged (I cannot comment on cost, discuss with Rob).

Third option - Buy a LP grand and a standard RM2 so you have two full sets :D

Rob's a great guy and he'll take care of you in a very timely manner, his customer service is top notch.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
So I placed my first order...for a REO Grand and a RM2 to go with it based on all the recommendations, but it was an incompatible RM2 that was selected and shipped with it, and now I'm SOL?

Bro, one thing you'll come to realize about REOvil is Rob will not leave you "SOL". He always goes the extra distance to make customers happy.

Even if they buy incompatible products :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread