• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Rochester area chit-chat - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY
Thanks for your support guys. The boy and his parents feel bad and have apologized profusely. The kid has been punished but the parents keep going on and on about what a good kid he is, how he's an honor roll student, belongs to all these clubs, goes to church and on and on. Sorry but I don't buy it. A "normal" kid doesn't threaten to slice someone's throat in their sleep and then rape their corpse! Hopefully we are just dealing with a stupid childish kid who has been numbed by all the violence that has become common place. Yet part of me keeps thinking only a psychopath could think and say such things.

LilyBear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Western NY
gary if you peek in here I am in desperate need of some help (yeah it is something I could maybe look up but maybe not understand that at least i can explain though!) I have forgotten the ratios for menthol (but.....but at least I have had a fever of 104+ for four days UNLIKE someone else!) I could use a tiny refresher please cuz I am dying over here....thanx if you see this.

Fisty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rochester, NY, USA
I got picked on constantly in school for being the fat smart girl.. eh.. didn't really negatively effect me much in a long run other than making me rather egotistical about my mental facilities. But none of the teachers cared or stopped it, and that was long enough ago that they could have done something about it.

LilyBear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Western NY
Dont feel bad same here......as a size 9 i was "far too heavy to be a cheerleader but lose a few and try out next year maybe then you can make the squad" .....all said with the appropriate head bob and huge cheery smile of course though!
I got picked on constantly in school for being the fat smart girl.. eh.. didn't really negatively effect me much in a long run other than making me rather egotistical about my mental facilities. But none of the teachers cared or stopped it, and that was long enough ago that they could have done something about it.

LilyBear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Western NY
Its so funny .....about that time my doctor told me I was at least 10-15 lbs overweight and to do something about it now before it got out of control. I remember trying to convince him that I was large boned <snort> but seriously even at that point that meant he wanted me to weigh 112 ....! Right now my goal is a size not a scale # and when my WW tracker said the weight I entered could not be a number below 117 I nearly ROFL..... as if I am silly enough to think I can be now what I couldnt ever get to then when I ran track ....you shoulda been in the room for that moment!

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
12-29-12; Caden Ryan was born (early, 6lbs 2oz). I am now officially a grandfather. Holy crap!

On the weight issue...I've recently in the past few months lost about 20lbs. Mostly due to cutting out soda. I was drinking at least one Coke, but usually two, for lunch daily. Changed my eating habits only slightly on top of that. I have high blood pressure and other issues going on. I kinda have to start paying attention to what I do before things get more out of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread