The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RTA guide

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Eric Superczynski, Nov 14, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Eric Superczynski

Eric Superczynski Senior Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Naples
    I posted this a couple of days ago and because I did write the specs Im looking for I got some serious negative feedback.

I'm looking looking for an RTA for flavor, as I already have a cloud chucking RDA. I am looking for suggestions for a RTA for Flavor, with dual coils. Mid price range, $60 give or take. I want DTL hits with enough cloud, but flavor oriented. Suggestions please.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Daniel Forsyth

Daniel Forsyth Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Brunhilde RTA, the dual coil one!
    The Best Flavour;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    $60 is fairly high. DTL is owned by mesh these days. A coil based atty will be a step back flavor wise from those. Flavor in a coil based atty is more dependent on the coil than the atty, generally.
    Also with DTL flavor is really dependant on high juice use, so what you’re kind of asking is what is the thirstiest DTL 2 coil RTA.
    I had good luck with big aromamizers. The big ones have a lot of chamber space so you can make really large diameter coils. Also the juice flow is a slot not just a hole.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Eric Superczynski

Nov 2, 2019
    Naples
    That is a nice looking RTA. I may give it a go.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Eric Superczynski

Nov 2, 2019
    Naples
    Ahh, that opens up an old wound. I purchased the Aegis Legend at a vape store in an emergency when my smok prince just died. I decided to go back to a mod and spent $75 for the mod alone. Come to find out the Zeus edition kit with the Zeus sub ohm tank is $79 and the original kit with the aero mesh tank for $65. I decided on that moment I was going back mods so it hadn't dawned on me to look online. .

Sorry about the rant. I don't think I like the top style build deck. But thanks anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  7. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I haven't used one but I am very impressed with the design of this RTA. Many people say they love it.
    This is one I am very interested in (and it's a great deal!)
    Hellvape Rebirth 25mm RTA

At that price, even if get something else, I would get it too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Daniel Forsyth

Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    I much rather the top airflow. But if you like it though, go for it!;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Eric Superczynski

Nov 2, 2019
    Naples
    Okay so what's your choice for a mesh RTA.

10. Pigs

Pigs Ultra Member

Supporting member
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Daniel Forsyth

Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    It's hard to argue with a pig, Oink;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Pigs

Pigs Ultra Member

Supporting member
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Many have tried but where are they now? Eh? Eh?

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I'm still new to bebuildables, and AngeNZ has given me both great advice and links to great deals. Her advice is golden (and Daniel too... too many to list actually... I was just passing along things I've heard from them)

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    There aren’t many. I went squonk for DL mesh myself. For that I got a profile. I’ve heard of 2 or 3 but can’t attest to their quality.

15. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    My friend got the Profile and likes it, but said he still prefers a good coil build (mesh is great to save battery life... less watts needed)

16. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The advantage of a coil build to me seems to be robustness and flexibility. Mesh is very optimized. It does one thing really really well and nothing else at all. That one thing is high flavor cool vape DL.

17. Pigs

Pigs Ultra Member

Supporting member
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    I don't like the idea of having to buy pre-made /cut/stamped mesh strips. Coil builds give you a raft of options

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    You can always just cut your own mesh strips. They’ll work too.

• Like Like x 1
  19. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I don’t either. So I don’t. Turns out while the stamped plates do work better than a piece of regular old screen the screen still works. Also you can get it in SS which you can’t always do for those plates. I got the dimensions of a plate and now I just cut pieces of #200 SS mesh and use em in TC. They don’t last as long as a plate. Maybe half. Also they frequently burn through when you attempt to dry burn them. They still take longer to funk up than a coil, and they cost next to nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Eric Superczynski

Nov 2, 2019
    Naples
    I've been lookimg, the brunhilde RTA is unique and quite attractive. The Zeus has been recemded. I was looking at the high end and some of the prices are crazy high: 100, 150, 200 hundred. What do you think about these crazy high end vs mid to low?

• Like Like x 1