What is currently the best DTL RTA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I vape because i loved to smoke, loved it, i'd smoke anything, i can't do that anymore. Smoking is seriously addictive, hideously addictive !. It is practically impossible to give up. Unlike most people i had absolutely no choice. Cronic heartburn isn't the same as regular "i'll just take a rennie" heartburn. I'm really ill !. Heartburn is just one of a number of symptoms i have. But if i don't smoke i don't suffer from it anymore.

If someone wants to stop smoking then vaping is probably their best bet. But only if it works. You know the market is flooded with cheap disposable hardware which simply doesn't work. What's a person to do when their "highly recommended" electronic alterative isn't effective enough ?.

So, just go and get another recommendation from another member, who incidentally says that hardware is subjective while at the same time recommends some random hardware anyway.

Where's the logic in that ?.

Just send someone off to buy something new even though those who recommended it has no idea whether it will work for them or not.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
So, just go and get another recommendation from another member, who incidentally says that hardware is subjective while at the same time recommends some random hardware anyway.

Where's the logic in that ?.

Just send someone off to buy something new even though those who recommended it has no idea whether it will work for them or not.

Yes everything in the whole world is subjective. There are pros and cons and subjective preferences in every product in the world. But then there are dumb recommendations as well. What did you recommend to the OP here looking for a DIRECT TO LUNG hit? A MTL tank... That is kind of funny.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I believe my post was more informative and less damaging to vaping than your post.

Recommending random hardware to people who are in genuine need of good advice isn't going to help anyone.. Especially when those who recommend it, by their own admittence, have no idea whether it will work for that person or not. Yet it is all that ever happens. It's something i observe everytime i come here.

How is that an opinion ?.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
Recommending random hardware to people who are in genuine need of good advice isn't going to help anyone.. Especially when those who recommend it, by their own admittence, have no idea whether it will work for that person or not. Yet it is all that ever happens. It's something i observe everytime i come here.

How is that an opinion ?.

Well as long as you do not recommend the wrong devices to someone ... you know like recommending an MTL RTA to someone who is looking for a DTL. My lack of recommendation in this thread is helping the OP more than your recommendation, which is basically proving your point, but when you prove your point by doing something lame, it isn't really a win for you.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Yes everything in the whole world is subjective. There are pros and cons and subjective preferences in every product in the world. But then there are dumb recommendations as well. What did you recommend to the OP here looking for a DIRECT TO LUNG hit? A MTL tank... That is kind of funny.

Only because i misread the title.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
It is not impossible to give up smoking. Not even nearly impossible.
You sound like smoking is worse than ....... And you can get clean from ...... too. Although I fortunately lack the personal experience.
But to a lot of people your opinion isn't just rediculous, but right out offensive.
Because you surely have the choice. If someone really wants to lift his a** and quit smoking, he will do so.
You were sick? Ok. I get it. I'm sorry for you. Satisfied? Now what? I wasn't. Do I get a "sorry" for that too?
(I seriously hope not.)

Ok. To be honest. This whole discussion is quite pointless, but at least I get some really good entertainment out of our conversation. Thanks.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
It’s been enjoyable reading this thread but back to the point of this thread...what is currently the best RTA? IMO I never did like tanks until I got the Voltrove. The thing is massive at 41mm holding g 25ml of juice and able to take 6mm dual coils like nothing. I use lipo mods so they are a bit bigger than some like to carry.

After I got that tank and used for a while I came upon the Modfather RTA. It’s 30mm (again, bigger than some like to use) but it fits on my smaller lipo mods and looks good on the bigger lipo mods also. I have to say that tank is better than the Voltrove. The Modfather will hold 3mm coils just find and the flavor is better than the Voltrove. The Modfather being 30mm holds 10ml of juice and has the flavor of an RDA but the convenience of a tank. If your mod is big enough hold a 30mm tank, you may want to look into it. They also have a shorty kit and a tall kit. The short kit will hold 3-5 ml and the tall kit holds 15ml. It’s a real nice tank and it’s not that expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
You know, i don't know how long ago it was, maybe as long as a couple of years, or even longer. I was involved in a discussion on ECF about improvements which could be made, changes to how users could interact with the site, that kind of thing.

As i recall i suggested a "disagree" button, as opposed to the "like" button. I thought it could potentially prevent arguements arising, or reduce the amount that could occur.

As usual i got the typically "predictable" responses i always get, (some things will never change).

It does appear to be working though. No more ugly, long, drawn out arguements which usually result in me being labelled a troll.

All of my posts on this thread have received this rating and things have remained pretty calm.

Works like a charm !.

ghern90

Jan 5, 2014
St. Louis, MO.
I just cannot see how people are able to quit smoking, as addictive as it is, by vaping !. If i were healthy today with no stomach issues i'd be smoking as much as ever and laughing at the vaping crowd.
Wow, I came here looking for a replacement for my Billow V3 RTA's and came across this. Pretty opinionated aren't you? I quit smoking 4 years ago next month because I decided to. I loved smoking. I did not have any ill effects that required it. I just knew in the long run I had better do something after smoking anywhere from 1 to 3 packs/day for 32 years! Started with the cig-a-likes and progressed. Until I found mechanicals and the Kayfuns, nothing was helping enough. So I smoked and vaped at the same time. But Kayfuns got me off cigarettes completely. Have no intention of quitting vaping right now but have cut my consumption down to about 3ml/day of 5 nicotine after starting with 18 and almost 2 tanks/day when I first quit completely. Currently, I'm looking for a dual coil that works as well or better than my Billow V3's but with better flavor

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Well I clearly came to the wrong thread was looking for some more DTL recommendations to go along side Nano, Zeus and Serpent, Sure glad I came across this steaming pile of bahaha
@Gallant just pointed this one out to me, Advken CP. Looks to be a sweet single coil rta. Only 3.5ml, nice deck.
I was recently gifted an OBS Crius 2 and have to say I'm enjoying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread