Status
Not open for further replies.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I love the Lemo 2 except that I can not get it to stop leaking, I have to use vice grips to get it open and that o-rings seem to be difficult to find. I love the taste of it. I love the ease of putting on a coil. I love how easy it is to top fill. I love how it hold 3.5 ml. But the drawbacks especially the leaking have me looking elsewhere.

What else is there that is like the Lemo 2 that has all it's good points but none of its bad?

CharTech

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Carolinas
I have been using the lemo 2 for a long time, since it came out. Recently I tried the Fresia rta and it's pretty close to the lemo 2 but I think the flavor is a little better on the lemo but the Fresia is super easy to build on and hasn't leaked once. you can also remove the deck without having to empty the tank and that's also an advantage over the lemo 2. BTW you can put a little e-liquid on the threads of the lemo 2 when putting it together and it will come apart much easier.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
What have you heard?
Sort of the opposite really. Not a big leaker but a pain to coil. Just goes to show people have different issues with things. I’m a fan of the aromamizer plus which I think is dirt easy to wick now that I know how. Doing it the wrong way can make it really hard though.

may suspicion is there’s an easy way to coil it which you found, and possibly a behavior to make it not leak as well which you haven’t.

Reactions: stols001

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Sort of the opposite really. Not a big leaker but a pain to coil. Just goes to show people have different issues with things. I’m a fan of the aromamizer plus which I think is dirt easy to wick now that I know how. Doing it the wrong way can make it really hard though.

may suspicion is there’s an easy way to coil it which you found, and possibly a behavior to make it not leak as well which you haven’t.
If I could make it not leak I would buy a dozen more. Ok really 5. Maybe. Lol.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
If I could make it not leak I would buy a dozen more. Ok really 5. Maybe. Lol.

I have 16 of them! They're my daily drivers.

Have you tried rayon?? I have almost zero issues with leaking. You need to wick the coil tight and leave quite a bit of tail then roll the ends backwards and stuff them into the juice channels. I can make you a video of how I wick but it will have to wait until tonight as I have to toddle off to work here shortly. :)

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I have 16 of them! They're my daily drivers.

Have you tried rayon?? I have almost zero issues with leaking. You need to wick the coil tight and leave quite a bit of tail then roll the ends backwards and stuff them into the juice channels. I can make you a video of how I wick but it will have to wait until tonight as I have to toddle off to work here shortly. :)
I exclusively use Cellucotton rayon to wick with. I love the stuff. I would love a video on how you wick it. I would appreciate it. I have been wicking it like a Kayfun, except I dont thin the ends. I tried that but it made it worse. Its basically all I know. I have a hard time getting my chimney apart too. Is this a problem you have? Whats the solution?

I just got a doggy style from FT. I dont know how to work that either. The flavor is good but its HOT! I mean burn your lips hot. I think its because I didnt get the chimney on correctly. I dont know. I need to find out about that one too.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Has it always leaked on you? If so perhaps its user error, but if it's only something lately, it can be an oring issue. Usually if its leaking it's a wicking or filling problem but to eliminate a tank issue, replace all orings first. Filling certain tanks are tricky and with the lemo 2 your supposed to fill with the tank on its side with airflow closed and dont overfill . Once filled it wouldn't hurt to invert tank , open airflow, then re orient tank. If it's not an oring or fill issue then its wicking and usually if it leaking, theres not enough cotton in channels.......

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I exclusively use Cellucotton rayon to wick with. I love the stuff. I would love a video on how you wick it. I would appreciate it. I have been wicking it like a Kayfun, except I dont thin the ends. I tried that but it made it worse. Its basically all I know. I have a hard time getting my chimney apart too. Is this a problem you have? Whats the solution?

I just got a doggy style from FT. I dont know how to work that either. The flavor is good but its HOT! I mean burn your lips hot. I think its because I didnt get the chimney on correctly. I dont know. I need to find out about that one too.
The doggy is a fine tank , not sure what version you bought, but I have the 2016 version, non top fill. How high are you setting coil? If set to high it can get hot, so perhaps that's one reason? I also use rayon and you are suppose to use more than cotton but you also can use to much and if tank is getting hot, it can be that the coil isnt being saturated enough and getting hot....

englishmick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana

englishmick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana

I only have original Lemos, don't know how similar they are.

The chimney was always really hard to take apart. Sometimes hard to get it off the deck as well. My solution is to hold it under really hot water for a while and use rubber pads to get a grip.

On the wicking side, do you place the wick then put the chimney over it, or put the chimney on with the wick sticking up and then push the wick down into the chimney?

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
User error. I dont do that. None of it. I will try it from now on.
I loved my Lemo 2s and modified a couple for more juice flow. This is how my wick looked before stuffing in.
Hy0L4rNIoG0aMsXgBImO9BOdPWGaOMU3051lfOzSKlFj-nrwiaprBYwRnwjNXi5Jt3xW-SnGjIgNU_rGYZuvZPnk2Wq_vKroaVD6qtr7O_SUqsqXI8mX8LT-xb_yYVdPFgx8qinGnTJ7u_ualMmUQvkw4TQ6dT_LtYzaCS50F7Vk-VoqxMWVL8J8_Fi3l45kxle-NpMrDWrdxjw9nQsIgnAO4h2HLiw3hP5Vpj6Cr2cFYPD-6zQaxRA6KZJvwnKWe6qB7BKlT3OgSatmgGFbGKBsaejLzt6E1hIYD26XotqUvP8_Lfys8Gk_4kaGoc4yRqj_XJiQG1UdmOypPvOGKksMDRwulWhuZ57_ejAysoRkuAO4uwH_N3TAE1ewmce6KR39Dmd8Q5x7hBXeg3hl77TXHfouGnBBro5KIQ4eDCd-slsCjoFb5-jUwfx60rv2Cv6EQw3ymXcT3CeY6iMiNjZqWPWlNLMDnAhyx2q9CKQCn-MPhqqmQFVuIwiJj374yzTSjXjzYe9ctQUFDSVJT0zP0Tntr8EgiVnH6OVvVPXNS3wthO2FuBWEiUGUjxLugLnC5v45y-_yaQFu3MnFyJCo8VLj9xOfQEXerBub8xSHgpAhpnZv1dTIu8tPLtlT1N2mA6H_MqEcI2CpvjWtSs7bK0lXNVNZDKDR30BoS4pTGqJ899C8RA=w435-h579-no

And here is what I did for more flow (both sides of the barrel).
KZ-WtcWRWPPogEgU6PX5tm3Dk5P5Cmzlmqsmv0rhUQS4VvSacSf_Si0-l8Mt2wCUDKDZ5IAkeZ6h1xky1ohzoYT50y0n3INxT5njAB-NciWaPxlVsRZNyTpamGxdovGGZEhb3ydPPHEYfP2BsWpL_i1NniywNtBtX3mtKAncaa5YfDVyyqQhXE9eIQFsuCpjn6_m5dP2-7karVjEIOKx3rmeVukz9wfECkH89UvSXTZGKnjEDdYO75JVoU2k0DK2J6QMdCUVMvlsBfja0LPMck58p3xyVZ5TOb8QWt745NJ3mTx_3sYFhYjOz0QZBQzymyitRaBJaflH3UjYyyVZFyOv5y3txwkD9aYlKO-dVV4R5CbuiffYDqJYBzqV5gVhRBitXAOof4bqCH9gJQZ0ss7jhSJLaRS0d9PCVqs_VPXaC_O0O_GCVgC-5uOL8q-vPINLl3iPYJr8YPBn8W6JRQi3FfGZHRwhxAumeyDlqypWEBPpeRlzZRE4IolFmoncGr-Qn0LVRcdEEX_nXyF2oBWu67jfinsKJ2kXzKMXDD_sXC5b6MjcwUQ9h5q7ph-ZZypJ6z9_-rVc7I47UZwnDvsmQDSqQVQ0CwtNddJQRyQS95kiJ0xyaorav0QoxvBnTq2Pl-u518QQOuYSFzwMZ8qKmDCBMwIxH_qQgjm5cRUjAhibKoOIfQ=w435-h579-no

I got the idea from a friend of mine who drilled 3 holes on each side. But then he was the type of guy who built a triple serial coil on the Lemo 2 deck! I swear he had the patience of a surgeon. I wouldn't even.......

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@fiddleshe, have you tried Tidi Rayon balls. On the Rayon thread they're gaining popularity due to the quality is much better than Grahame Cellucotton Rayon.

Unfortunately I am unable to get any to try, due to being based in the UK. But all you folks in the US can get hold of it relatively easily and at reasonable prices.

Also Ulton Tripod (Atmizoo Tripod clone) may be of interest, as it can give you really good flavour due to bottom airflow, is relatively easy to build and can be setup for MTL or DTL (yes, it's unique RTA). 2fdeal has them in stock with the 3.4ml extension kit.

ULTON Tripod Style 316SS 22mm RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer 2ml/3.4ml Combo (1:1) - Silver

I've only tried one setup for DTL, but got to get the wicking right. But with MTL I think that it will be much easier.

And the Coppervape Hussar Project X RTA's are well worth a mention. The way you build them is very different, but it's really easy. They're certainly one RTA that end up in rotation somewhere.

@bombastinator, don't forget that it can also be caused by too high a mass coils (including specific heat capacity) and limited airflow. Found that out myself a few times from just trying different builds on different RBA's, but it's how you learn. Just need to remember to take notes.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I just thought it would be fun to post my friend's triple serial coil. He's not with us anymore and he was a great supporter of the vape community. Always helping people out.
2015-08-28-21-21-22-jpg.3166

He explained how to do it and said muth, you can do it! Teehee, I haven't tried yet.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I only have original Lemos, don't know how similar they are.

The chimney was always really hard to take apart. Sometimes hard to get it off the deck as well. My solution is to hold it under really hot water for a while and use rubber pads to get a grip.

On the wicking side, do you place the wick then put the chimney over it, or put the chimney on with the wick sticking up and then push the wick down into the chimney?
The first.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
And the Coppervape Hussar Project X RTA's are well worth a mention. The way you build them is very different, but it's really easy. They're certainly one RTA that end up in rotation somewhere.
I have one of these. I havent quite figured it out yet. So far it leaks like a sieve. Im determined to figure this beast out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread