The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RTA most like Lemo 2

Discussion in 'RTA' started by fiddleshe, Oct 17, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @fiddleshe, coil ID for the X is 2.5.

If you're using round wire, about 8 wraps is nice.

And you need to nicely fill the wells without packing it down, as packing the wicking down will affect liquid flow negatively. But at the moment it sounds as though you don't have enough wicking in the wells and where it goes into the wells, then it will leak.

Could I ask what you use for wicking?

And of course if you need some extra pointers, please join us in the Coppervape Hussar Project X thread and post pictures of your build. I'm sure that we can't get you up and running.

And here's the link for the Coppervape Hussar Project X thread, just in case you don't have it at one side.
    Hussar Project X RTA Clone (by Coppervape)

• Like Like x 2
  2. fiddleshe

fiddleshe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Cellucotton.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. ceeceeisme

ceeceeisme Ultra Member ECF Veteran

It may be the weekend before I can get a video posted for you. I just got home from work and I have to pop out and sign an offer on a house. Been house hunting for months and finally found something I can work with.

In the meantime, if you are using Cellucotton you are using the same thing I am. Love the stuff. When I wick I put the rayon tight through the coil then leave rather long (2") tails which I thin down considerably to about 1/3 the amount that goes through the coil. Then I clip them to about 1" long and I twirl them backwards with my curved tweezers and stuff them in their respective juice channels. After I wet the coil and tails I fire the coil a couple of times to condition the rayon and I take my tweezers and poke them down to the juice inlets and just lightly push in the rayon so the juice can get in with no obstruction. Then I assemble everything and juice up the tank - yes, you need to shut the airflow completely off, juice it up fast and close the filling port fast. The less amount of time you have your juice port open, the better.

After that all works very well with the Lemo 2. Always remember when refilling to close that airflow down and get the job done as fast as possible. The few times I forgot to close the fill port taught me to do the whole thing quickly because when you forget to close your juice port it will start spewing juice within a minute :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  4. ceeceeisme

• Like Like x 2
  5. fiddleshe

Dec 11, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have some colored glass coming. It'll be here in prolly a month. Lol.
    I am patient. I will wait for a video whenever you have time. No worries.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @fiddleshe, with the X I forgot to mention that if you're using a 2.5mm ID coil and Cellucotton Rayon. That you fluff and comb your wick tails, you don't need to thin them.

As I mentioned earlier, if there's too little wick in the wells and where the tails go through it will leak.

And yes, did it myself the first couple of builds.

• Like Like x 1
  7. fiddleshe

Dec 11, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Right now I dont have a 2.5 mm drill bit. I have a coil building kit coming on the slow boat from China. It should be here in a month give or take.
    Seriously you comb your tails? With what?

• Like Like x 1
  8. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    upload_2019-10-17_20-37-13.jpg I know this is less than useful but it seemed like a great thing to post

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. englishmick

englishmick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I use a dental pick for that. Just scratch the surface of the tail until it starts to loosen up, then stick it in a bit further. It separates the fibers and fluffs the tail up. You have to take it slow. Rayon has long strands and if you are too aggressive you can pull strands through the coil and mess it up. I've used one blade of thin pointy scissors as well.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @fiddleshe, a dart or even a small diameter Knitting needle will do for combing. So something with a blunt point and preferably made out of metal, even glass would do as you're needing something that won't pull on your wicking unnecessarily.

All you have to do is after fluffing up the tails of your Rayon wick, is to gently pull whatever tool along the Rayon fibres to help straighten them out. This is basically combing and it helps straighten the fibres out and straightened fibres wick better.

Let us know if you need more information on this.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ceeceeisme

:D:D:D Good thing you're patient!!! Here's your video, I hope it helps!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Jwaterski

Jwaterski Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2013
    OKC, OK
    Good video!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  13. fiddleshe

Dec 11, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thank you I will have to try that! For your hard work heres the link to where you can get them for $6.50. I bought from them before. Good place.
    Eleaf Lemo2 atomizer

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. ceeceeisme

Wow! I can't believe Vapesourcing still has them in stock. I paid $8.50 each when I bought them LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  15. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to RTA from General Vaping Discussion

• Like Like x 1