Eleaf Lemo 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Any opinions on the eleaf Lemo 2 RTA (good or bad)?
I like restricted DL and am sick of RTAs that leak. If anything, this one has more issue with not getting enough juice but I don't take long draws or chain vape (I don't mind taking my time vaping... no hurry)
Also, I will be using rayon... maybe that will help it wick better.

Reactions: stols001

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Just keep in mind that it's one of those tanks that you can't really tank apart when it's filled with juice since the chimney-to-chamber thread is what holds it all together. That's one complaint people have had of that RTA (besides the wicking).

This is one RTA that people either love or hate - no in between.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Oh believe me... I spent several hours doing my homework (just ordered it from VapeNW) Hey... only $6.99
    After what I went through with the UD Bellus, this should be a cake walk (someone gave it to me... now I know why) I know about all the issues so will be prepared to deal with it. Will be using cello-cotton and 65VG/35PG juice. Simple round wire home-made coil. If that goes well, might try some fancier wire a friend gave me (clapton with flat wire core) Like you said, I will either love it or hate it ;)

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Still my fave tank of all time, 3rd tank i ever bought, once had 3 of them (@fiddleshe has like 16 of them), currently the only one i have as i gave the rest of my tanks (and mos) away when i quit vaping late last year for a period

That should tell you how i rate it anyways

I can link (sure ive posted my tips on here before) or tell you how i build and wick if you like

Here tis, found the most recent version of it from just the other week: Are you done stocking up?

Note: the reason i never used the post holes was (never clarified in the linked post):

a) It often deformed the coil or coil legs doing the acrobatics to get the legs in to the post holes
    and
    b) quite often the tips of the screws would sever the coil legs

YMMV though

Yes it does have the smallest juice channels of all time, but if youre not trying to be a "cloudz bro" type, you'll be fine. You can also mitigate juice feed by using a little DW (Distilled Water) to think the juice out if its high VG or just too thick, or winter..

I currently vape restricted DL (its my jam) through it...just VG + DW through it around 96% VG + 4%DW

Last edited:

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Oh believe me... I spent several hours doing my homework (just ordered it from VapeNW) Hey... only $6.99
    After what I went through with the UD Bellus, this should be a cake walk (someone gave it to me... now I know why) I know about all the issues so will be prepared to deal with it. Will be using cello-cotton and 65VG/35PG juice. Simple round wire home-made coil. If that goes well, might try some fancier wire a friend gave me (clapton with flat wire core) Like you said, I will either love it or hate it ;)

You almost certainly will not get Clapton wire to trap, either in the post holes or around the screw heads....

Boring old 26 gauge round wire has been my jam forever, only other diameter wire ive ever tried was 24, didnt like it took a little longer to ramp up

Last edited:

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    @stylemessiah , thanks for the tips. I'm using 26 ga Kanthal and will just use the screws to mount (and yes, I'm used to using screws like those in my Silverplays) I would rather worry about lack of juice flow than leaking... I take my time vaping (no clouds/chain vaping) I knew someone had mentioned this RTA recently just forgot who (that's why I was interested) I read the old threads and understand all the quirky issues (loose o-rings, small juice channels, funky coil mounting, 2-piece connection on bottom, close airflow and fill on side...) I had two rebuildables I really wanted but both are only available from China and it just takes too long (and who knows now how long that could be)... the Vapefly Galaxies RDTA and the Wotofo Serpent Elevate. Broke my heart to pass on those, so got this out of desperation (and low budget) I just see it as a challenge. At least it holds over 3ml (my Silverplays can't even hold 2 ml because they act up) BTW, does 3mm ID coil sound about right?

Lowjumper

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 7, 2015
    Union Mills NC
    @stylemessiah , thanks for the tips. I'm using 26 ga Kanthal and will just use the screws to mount (and yes, I'm used to using screws like those in my Silverplays) I would rather worry about lack of juice flow than leaking... I take my time vaping (no clouds/chain vaping) I knew someone had mentioned this RTA recently just forgot who (that's why I was interested) I read the old threads and understand all the quirky issues (loose o-rings, small juice channels, funky coil mounting, 2-piece connection on bottom, close airflow and fill on side...) I had two rebuildables I really wanted but both are only available from China and it just takes too long (and who knows now how long that could be)... the Vapefly Galaxies RDTA and the Wotofo Serpent Elevate. Broke my heart to pass on those, so got this out of desperation (and low budget) I just see it as a challenge. At least it holds over 3ml (my Silverplays can't even hold 2 ml because they act up) BTW, does 3mm ID coil sound about right?

3 to 3.5mm works fine for me. Have 3 on my vap desk, that are used every day and another 10 packed away (yup love it) I started using them when they first came out and have yet to replace a O ring! If you like it, LightFire has them on clearance for 2.00 Ea.

Reactions: stylemessiah

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Another thumbs up for the Lemo 2 :thumb: It's on it;s way... we (I) shall see. I have a feeling I will love it (after I work out the issues) Like I said... did my homework (someone getting one with no research might hate it) but I am very handy (auto mechanic and electronics wizard for years) No fear... can't wait to dig in.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I just got it (haven't looked at it yet) Hope it's not filthy with machine oil (many comments about that back in the day) I've never had to really clean a new tank but I do have alcohol, dishsoap ect if needed. Going to remove the included coil/wicking and use my own (but I will save the coil and clean it with alcohol too) My only concern is if the o-rings are OK... we shall see (might swap them all for the extras after cleaning)

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I took it apart and was happy to see it was clean. Airflow ring is smooth (not too tight/loose) but I couldn't rotate the juice fill ring. Put it (inverted) in a vice (with rubber) and once did it hard by hand, it loosened up (so far so good) Removed the wick, put it on my mod and tried to "dry burn" the coil it came with. My mod wouldn't fire... showed blinking battery level icon? Going to look that up... never seen that before. No short or open circuit but resistance kept changing (doesn't matter, going to make my own coil anyway) My question is I can't find out what material the coil is (and the extra wire included) All I know is it's 24 ga. I'd like to use that wire (I have 26 ga Kanthal) but need to know what it is. Anyone know? Going to try 65VG/35PG and cellu-cotton (for best wicking) Mounting coil directly to screws. The airflow is perfect for my restricted DL.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    From eleafus.com Lemo 2 page...

• 1 x Lemo 2 Mouthpiece
      • 1 x Lemo 2 Top Cap
      • 1 x Lemo 2 Glass Tube
      • 1 x Lemo 2 Atomizer Cover
      • 1 x Lemo 2 Atomizer Tube
      • 1 x Nickel 200 Heating Wire
      • 1 x Lemo 2 Coil Stand
      • 1 x Lemo 2 Atomizer Base
      • 1 x Pre-made Heating Coil
      • 1 x Heating Coil (1m)
      • 4 x Small Screws
      • 4 x Seals Gasket (big)
      • 2 x Seals Gasket (mid)
      • 5 x Silicone (black)
      • 2 x Organic Cotton
      • 1 x Screw Driver
    Claims the extra wire is Ni200 (which I find very odd being that TC wasn't that mainstream when the Lemo 2 was release IIRC). So I assume the pre-made coil is the same?

As far as your mod, could be that the tank isn't making a good enough connection. The deck on the Lemo 2 screws into the base so, for starters, make sure it's screwed in tight.

Lemo-2-Atomizer-breakdown.png

Otherwise, it could be the positive pin on the 510 of the Lemo 2 isn't protruding enough for you mod?

BTW: What mod?

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    @UncleJunkle , thank you so much! Very odd the manual that came with it had (almost) exactly the same thing but without the word Nickel... I actually suspected that's what it was. No worries, not interested in Nickel (or TC just yet) I'll use my own wire for the first run. It's so ironic, my mod is a K box mini 60 W (from the same time period) Stainless steel... I actually love that mod. I got it on clearance (of course) for $10... not bad. It's not the pos pin on the mod (but I have had that issue before) it would have shown 9.99 ohms (no connection) So... I need to go wind a coil :thumb:

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    It's done... letting it sit while I eat dinner. Put the same coil that I use in another RTA (26 ga Kanthal 3mm ID 7 wraps) The resistance was jumping around again (you might be right... I've had issues with my other RTA... mod has deep 510) Put it on my other mod (you guessed it... another K box... the original 40 W with LEDs I use my other RTA on it too) Did a dry fire at 20 watts... works fine. Wicked it (primed the wick) put it together and filled it (leaving some airspace) will update after I eat.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I have a mods like that with a slightly deeper 510 (sigelei 213 squonkers that I use as a regular mods). Most of my tanks work, but a few don't. The ones that don't have a barely-protruding positive pin. I deal with that problem by using a 510 heat sink with an adjustable 510 pin.

That said, before you chock it up to a deep 510, try cleaning your mod's 510 pin and threads with a paper towel really well (maybe even slightly dampened with rubbing alcohol - then blow on it to let it dry before trying it).

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Well... I know the game... there is always a "learning curve" with RTAs, but not this time. I got it right first try! NO LEAKS and even though I used a weak flavored juice (in case of failure... didn't want to waste my good stuff) it had decent flavor. Even vapor production was not bad (for what I like... restricted DL) Airflow wide open (this is not a full blown DL but I didn't need that) Short easy draws (I even did some "primer puffs" with my fingers over the air intake to see if it would flood) and no issues. I can see where this would not keep up with constant long chain vaping... it has limited wicking juice flow but (once again) I don't need that. Very happy camper here! Thanks for the support (and tips) It pays off to do homework before diving into a RTA.
    Two dancing bananas :banana: :banana: Next time doing similar coil with one less wrap (and after this breaks in, bumping it to 25 watts) After that, going to try one of my simple single core claptons. :D :D Did I mention I am very happy about the outcome?

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Ok, to be honest, it does have very limited juice flow. I was going to bump it up to 25 watts later tonight but better stick with the 20 watts for now. I'm trying to suck the juice low so I can try one of my better flavors. I wish the fill slot was slightly wider... can barely get bottle spout to fit (I do have a blunt needle syringe if need be)
    @UncleJunkle , yes, I need the heat sink adapter (someone suggested one with adjustable center pins) Some people use them anyway just to prevent wear on the mod connection and they are so cheap from FT (they say free shipping but I think it's $20 minimum) Maybe order some cheap RDAs too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread