The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RTA recommendations

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by Skreech, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Skreech

Skreech Senior Member

Oct 16, 2017
    Ipswich
    Hi there

I've been vaping for just under a month and the whole thing is turning into a fascinating hobby for me.
    At work I use the first system I bought which is an Aspire Zelos Mod with Nautilus 2 tank and I mtl using 18mg liquid at 65/35 vg/pg. This gives me the hit I need in a relatively short space of time so I don't need to take long breaks.
    At home things are a lot more leisurely and I use an Aspire Speeder Mod with a Cleito tank where I dtl using 9mg liquid at 80/20 vg/pg and I can take my time just enjoying it.

As in all hobbies, I don't pull any punches at trying to get to the next level, (hope I'm not rushing this) and so I want to try RTA tanks to replace the N2 and Cleito. So I want an mtl RTA tank that will sit on the Zelos, and a dtl RTA tank that will sit on the Speeder.

Now I've seen that you can buy a re-buildable deck for the Cleito, but I have no idea whether it is the best option for me. I would want the option of dual coils and something that doesn't leak all over the place if I don't get it quite right.

On the mtl side, I watched a fella on youtube wrapping micro coils on a Lemo tank and it looked good, but again I know nothing about it.

All I know is he used 26 gauge kanthal wire which is probably what I would use. Again I don't really know.

I would be grateful if anyone could come up with some useful ideas or links that could point me in the right direction.

I do have a reasonable background knowledge on V=IR and P=VI etc and have a good quality multimeter. (I even have an oscilloscope. Cant get any decent channels on it though. Not even MTV).

Many thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. NicotineRush

NicotineRush Linux Mint/Mate Verified Member ECF Veteran

OBS Nano's on my Speeders. Love them. Single coil. Easy to build.

speeder02.jpg speeder03.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Hightech Redneck

Hightech Redneck Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2015
    N C
    I'll second an engine, except the regular one that is dual coil for your dl at home.
    Pretty easy to build and with top airflow it is virtually leak free.
    Also very reasonable pricing.
    The engine line has good flavor so I don't see you going wrong with any of them.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. lupinehorror

lupinehorror bròn Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    Dunblane
    i third the OBS engine. well designed, well made and just works (got the engine first and then the engine nano).

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Marc411

Marc411 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    I love the Engine Nano myself but they are getting harder to find. FT just has the rainbow in stock last time I checked.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. lupinehorror

lupinehorror bròn Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    Dunblane
    my single nano will be getting a twin brother i think...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. NicotineRush

NicotineRush Linux Mint/Mate Verified Member ECF Veteran

Almost got the Rainbow, but I remember reading that the finish degraded. Don't really know if this is true though, and may still get one.
    Got all mine, (3), off ebay. All were authentic.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Marc411

Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    Good to know, I'll take a look. And thanks for the info!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mr. Relentless

Mr. Relentless Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2017
    Rta's can be great for one person and a pain for another. Good luck on picking the right one for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    MTL: the easiest one to build is the Doggy Style tank--SXK version has a tighter airflow, SJMY--looser, but both are good MTL tanks. You can find them at Fasttech and 3FVape--very reasonably priced. The SJMY comes without a drip tip, for some reason. :facepalm:

I don't know much about DL vaping, but the Engines are well regarded and also easy to build. The nano is a single coil version.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Skreech

Skreech Senior Member

Oct 16, 2017
    Ipswich
    Many thanks for the responses. The OBS Engine looks really good with top airflow design. Just need to decide between this:-
    OBS Engine Nano RTA
    Or this:-
    OBS Engine RTA
    Both reviews mention about dry hits if not wicked properly but that would be down to me. Not the fault of the RTA.

On the MTL side I'm kind of drawn to this:-
    Siren V2 MTL RTA By DigiFlavor
    I watched a youtube video on it and seemed pretty foolproof.

Many thanks again.

(Just realised this thread is in the wrong section. Oooops!)

• Like Like x 2
  12. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Fasttech does not have a Rainbow version.
    The OBS Engine in Black or Sliver ship next day, the Gold ships in 7 days.
    The OBS Engine Nana in Gold and Silver are in stock, the Black ships next day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Engine (dual) for nic satisfaction, Nano for flavor. I am a Nano junkie but admit the dual is almost as good. Flavor is superior and af better designed in Nano.

• Like Like x 2
  14. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Siren v2 gets great reviews for MTL. The Doggystyle is a known non-leaker and is supposedly easy to build (I have not been having fun with it, but to be fair, I was readjusting to my fine motor tremor. I don't have it up and running, but there is juice in it and it hasn't leaked-- at all-- despite being in various orientations (right now it's upside down in its box, not leaking) and being spun across the floor when I was trying to get the airflow ring off, LOL, it didn't leak then either). Some of the kayfuns or Kclones are great, and the Vandy Vape Berserker is getting some good reviews as a MTL tank, if you end up changing your mind about the Siren, which IS a great choice. The Hussar Coppervape clone is a nice all-around RTA and also not a big leaker, comes in DL or MTL configurations...

Good luck!

Anna

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Element Vape is the only site that carries the rainbow. You can still find Nanos on vapecrawler.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    :lol:

Anna, I have no idea what you just said because the forum is going nuts with hot links. Or is just my 'puter?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    I'm hooked on the OBS Engine Nano.. can't help it. I have 2 right now, waiting on a third to get in. Then I will work on getting a normal Engine to see how that goes. I have the OBS Engine Sub also..

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Nope, I think there are updates going on. Despite my belief to the contrary that I am off topic much of the time, I guess I use a lot of vape related words. It's quite irritating, but I'm sure it will be fixed, soon, and I need to clean my kitchen shortly so nowish should be a good a time as any.

Anna

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Marc411

Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    Mine too, tough to read posts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Mine as well. Very distracting and annoying.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.