RTA recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skreech

Oct 16, 2017
Ipswich
Hi there

I've been vaping for just under a month and the whole thing is turning into a fascinating hobby for me.
At work I use the first system I bought which is an Aspire Zelos Mod with Nautilus 2 tank and I mtl using 18mg liquid at 65/35 vg/pg. This gives me the hit I need in a relatively short space of time so I don't need to take long breaks.
At home things are a lot more leisurely and I use an Aspire Speeder Mod with a Cleito tank where I dtl using 9mg liquid at 80/20 vg/pg and I can take my time just enjoying it.

As in all hobbies, I don't pull any punches at trying to get to the next level, (hope I'm not rushing this) and so I want to try RTA tanks to replace the N2 and Cleito. So I want an mtl RTA tank that will sit on the Zelos, and a dtl RTA tank that will sit on the Speeder.

Now I've seen that you can buy a re-buildable deck for the Cleito, but I have no idea whether it is the best option for me. I would want the option of dual coils and something that doesn't leak all over the place if I don't get it quite right.

On the mtl side, I watched a fella on youtube wrapping micro coils on a Lemo tank and it looked good, but again I know nothing about it.

All I know is he used 26 gauge kanthal wire which is probably what I would use. Again I don't really know.

I would be grateful if anyone could come up with some useful ideas or links that could point me in the right direction.

I do have a reasonable background knowledge on V=IR and P=VI etc and have a good quality multimeter. (I even have an oscilloscope. Cant get any decent channels on it though. Not even MTV).

Many thanks.

Reactions: Letitia

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
OBS Nano's on my Speeders. Love them. Single coil. Easy to build.

speeder02.jpg
speeder03.jpg

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I'll second an engine, except the regular one that is dual coil for your dl at home.
Pretty easy to build and with top airflow it is virtually leak free.
Also very reasonable pricing.
The engine line has good flavor so I don't see you going wrong with any of them.

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
I love the Engine Nano myself but they are getting harder to find. FT just has the rainbow in stock last time I checked.

Almost got the Rainbow, but I remember reading that the finish degraded. Don't really know if this is true though, and may still get one.
Got all mine, (3), off ebay. All were authentic.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Almost got the Rainbow, but I remember reading that the finish degraded. Don't really know if this is true though, and may still get one.
Got all mine, (3), off ebay. All were authentic.

Good to know, I'll take a look. And thanks for the info!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
So I want an mtl RTA tank that will sit on the Zelos, and a dtl RTA tank that will sit on the Speeder.

MTL: the easiest one to build is the Doggy Style tank--SXK version has a tighter airflow, SJMY--looser, but both are good MTL tanks. You can find them at Fasttech and 3FVape--very reasonably priced. The SJMY comes without a drip tip, for some reason. :facepalm:

I don't know much about DL vaping, but the Engines are well regarded and also easy to build. The nano is a single coil version.

Skreech

Oct 16, 2017
Ipswich
Many thanks for the responses. The OBS Engine looks really good with top airflow design. Just need to decide between this:-
OBS Engine Nano RTA
Or this:-
OBS Engine RTA
Both reviews mention about dry hits if not wicked properly but that would be down to me. Not the fault of the RTA.

On the MTL side I'm kind of drawn to this:-
Siren V2 MTL RTA By DigiFlavor
I watched a youtube video on it and seemed pretty foolproof.

Many thanks again.

(Just realised this thread is in the wrong section. Oooops!)

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I love the Engine Nano myself but they are getting harder to find. FT just has the rainbow in stock last time I checked.

Fasttech does not have a Rainbow version.
The OBS Engine in Black or Sliver ship next day, the Gold ships in 7 days.
The OBS Engine Nana in Gold and Silver are in stock, the Black ships next day.

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Siren v2 gets great reviews for MTL. The Doggystyle is a known non-leaker and is supposedly easy to build (I have not been having fun with it, but to be fair, I was readjusting to my fine motor tremor. I don't have it up and running, but there is juice in it and it hasn't leaked-- at all-- despite being in various orientations (right now it's upside down in its box, not leaking) and being spun across the floor when I was trying to get the airflow ring off, LOL, it didn't leak then either). Some of the kayfuns or Kclones are great, and the Vandy Vape Berserker is getting some good reviews as a MTL tank, if you end up changing your mind about the Siren, which IS a great choice. The Hussar Coppervape clone is a nice all-around RTA and also not a big leaker, comes in DL or MTL configurations...

Good luck!

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Fasttech does not have a Rainbow version.
The OBS Engine in Black or Sliver ship next day, the Gold ships in 7 days.
The OBS Engine Nana in Gold and Silver are in stock, the Black ships next day.
Element Vape is the only site that carries the rainbow. You can still find Nanos on vapecrawler.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread