RTA with quickly exchangable Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerax

Dec 12, 2019
Hi guys and gals,

i just signed up to this Forum with a specific Question in mind.

I'm Looking for an RTA where it is possible to swap out build decks on the go similar to as you would with prebuilt-coil-systems. It is important for me that this can happen on the go and also when the tank is not yet entirely empty so the rba-deck cannot be a structural component as are for example the smok tfv-8 and tfv-12 rba's.

To explain what i intend to use it for: It's basibally for going out. Now i vape somewhere up to 20 ml when going out and still would like to have a reserve of around 5-10ml left. Most of the liquids i use Clog the coil when About 5 ml (per coil - so 10 ml for dual-coilers) or so are trough. This brings the Problem to me that, apart from batteries and liquid i Need to bring quite a few atomizers with me so i dont Need to start re-wicking on the go.

Since i want to save on space (and up to a certain extent weight) i would like to take only one atomizer and mod with enough spare batteries and liquid (and Ready RBA decks).

Using a pre-built-coil System is not a Option for me due to 3 reasons:
1.) i have the Impression that they don't taste that good
2.) i have the Impression that they are a lot less Energy-efficient (which means extra batteries)
3.) cost - i'd rather spend my Money on another beer or two than on several expensive pre-built-coils

I usually vape around 35-45 Watts for single-coil builds and 60W for dual-coil builds not using any Fancy wire but 24-26g Kanthal or SS Wire

My Question now is: What RTA/tank would you recommend to get for this Purpose.

Thanks in Advance for your feedback

greetings
Jörg

Jerax

Dec 12, 2019
Hi Izan,

thanks for your Reply!

- I'm Looking for the tank only since i already own way too many mods (and also to many RTAs anyways….. "harware-addict")
- Budget Limit: Whatever it takes
- Yes 95% of the time i vape homemade juice
- Fairly low: 1mg/ml for DL
- Austria (Europe) - But i have no Problem ordering from overseas

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I would highly recommend checking out Steam Crave Supreme v2 - v2.1. They come with postless deck & single coil deck & velocity deck used to be (not sure). Lots of options & you can buy extra decks. Different size tank options as well.

Shop.Steamcrave.com or FastTech.com

Jerax

Dec 12, 2019
Thanks for that great idea with the steamcrave tanks. Just remembered that i actually own a Aromamizer Plus already. Didnt use it often though since i had some serious leaking (or rather "immediate liquid discharge") issues with the dualcoil postless deck in about two thirds of all wicking attempts. Just tried the singlecoil deck and seems to work fine (for now). However a downside with this design for my intended purpose is that when unscrewing the base even when the atty is upside down a lot of liquid remains between the juiceflowcontrol ring and the base.... So i guess its still quite messy when swapping decks on the go.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Thanks for that great idea with the steamcrave tanks. Just remembered that i actually own a Aromamizer Plus already. Didnt use it often though since i had some serious leaking (or rather "immediate liquid discharge") issues with the dualcoil postless deck in about two thirds of all wicking attempts. Just tried the singlecoil deck and seems to work fine (for now). However a downside with this design for my intended purpose is that when unscrewing the base even when the atty is upside down a lot of liquid remains between the juiceflowcontrol ring and the base.... So i guess its still quite messy when swapping decks on the go.
The leaking with the postless deck is definitely a wicking issue. I don’t have issues when checking the single coil deck when the tank is upside down. You do have to let all the eliquid drain down 1st.

the Supreme v2.1 is smaller than the Plus. I also don’t have issues when removing the deck. Also perfect for your wattage range of 35-45 watts.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I'm Looking for an RTA where it is possible to swap out build decks on the go similar to as you would with prebuilt-coil-systems.

The only RTA (that's strictly and RTA and not a hybrid RTA/clearomizer) that comes to mind that has a deck that can be removed from the base is the Lemo 2, but it needed a little modding to work well. Just drilling 2 wick holes on each side of the chamber really helped. Normally it has the wick holes at the bottom of the deck under the chamber, but those are very small. On clearance for 6.99 at VNW https://vapenw.com/collections/tanks-1/products/eleaf-lemo-2

As you can see in the pic, the deck screws off of the base...

A0WmFg5.jpg

I'm sure there are others out there, but you sure can't beat that price just to try one out.

RuiG

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2019
    Portugal
    Hello and welcome.

I think that I understand your problem, however I don't really think the solution you request is the most optimal.

Considering the time and mess in changing a deck, having to keep a wet deck somewhere and the cost of a deck itself, my option would go small on an rta. This is an example, the Gear rta is that small and for me it would be easier and cleaner to carry some pre-wicked around.

Take care.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Hi guys and gals,

i just signed up to this Forum with a specific Question in mind.

I'm Looking for an RTA where it is possible to swap out build decks on the go similar to as you would with prebuilt-coil-systems. It is important for me that this can happen on the go and also when the tank is not yet entirely empty so the rba-deck cannot be a structural component as are for example the smok tfv-8 and tfv-12 rba's.

To explain what i intend to use it for: It's basibally for going out. Now i vape somewhere up to 20 ml when going out and still would like to have a reserve of around 5-10ml left. Most of the liquids i use Clog the coil when About 5 ml (per coil - so 10 ml for dual-coilers) or so are trough. This brings the Problem to me that, apart from batteries and liquid i Need to bring quite a few atomizers with me so i dont Need to start re-wicking on the go.

Since i want to save on space (and up to a certain extent weight) i would like to take only one atomizer and mod with enough spare batteries and liquid (and Ready RBA decks).

Using a pre-built-coil System is not a Option for me due to 3 reasons:
    1.) i have the Impression that they don't taste that good
    2.) i have the Impression that they are a lot less Energy-efficient (which means extra batteries)
    3.) cost - i'd rather spend my Money on another beer or two than on several expensive pre-built-coils

I usually vape around 35-45 Watts for single-coil builds and 60W for dual-coil builds not using any Fancy wire but 24-26g Kanthal or SS Wire

My Question now is: What RTA/Tank would you recommend to get for this Purpose.

Thanks in Advance for your feedback

greetings
    Jörg
    Bellus

I do exactly what you're asking. I switch out the decks and when I get around to it, I'll either re-wick or clean coil or put a new coil in at a later time. For the price you could pick up 3 or four for under $30.00 - $7.33 Authentic UD Bellus RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 5ml / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The advantage is your have plenty of spare parts on hand. Not that I ever needed anything but replacing a broken glass from dropping it.

Jerax

Dec 12, 2019
    Thanks for the ideas About the UD Bellus and the Eleaf Lemo. The Bellus System Looks like it's got it's Basic Concept from the steamcrave tanks.

Anyways as much as i like all These solution there's one key issue with them. In all cases the Coils and wicks are fairly exposed when prepared but not yet installed in the rta, so it might bend the Coils or even pull the wick out of the wicking holes a need quite a bit of fiddling with the wick once beeing installed.

So probably i should rephrase my initial Question by using some examples:

"I'm Looking for an atomizer that has a plug and Play (no screwing) coil Change System like the Uwell Crown (Mk. 3 or 4) which can use mostly "closed" rba-decks like the Smok-TFV8-RBA"

Reference:
    Crown 4: $24.24 Authentic Uwell Crown 4 IV Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer - 5/6ml / 0.2/0.4ohm / stainless steel + glass / 28mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    TFV8 RBA: $3.81 Replacement V8 RBA Head for Smoktech SMOK TFV8 Clearomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Do you have any ideas if such a device exists?

Thanks
    Jörg

EDIT: Somehow i screwed up posting the links to the crown4 and the tfv8rba....

Reactions: stols001

RuiG

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2019
    Portugal
    Thanks for the ideas About the UD Bellus and the Eleaf Lemo. The Bellus System Looks like it's got it's Basic Concept from the steamcrave tanks.

Anyways as much as i like all These solution there's one key issue with them. In all cases the Coils and wicks are fairly exposed when prepared but not yet installed in the rta, so it might bend the Coils or even pull the wick out of the wicking holes a need quite a bit of fiddling with the wick once beeing installed.

"I'm Looking for an atomizer that has a plug and Play (no screwing) coil Change System like the Uwell Crown (Mk. 3 or 4) which can use mostly "closed" rba-decks like the Smok-TFV8-RBA"

Reference:
    Crown 4: $24.24 Authentic Uwell Crown 4 IV Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer - 5/6ml / 0.2/0.4ohm / stainless steel + glass / 28mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    TFV8 RBA: $3.81 Replacement V8 RBA Head for Smoktech SMOK TFV8 Clearomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Thanks
    Jörg

How about the Dvarw Rta? If you buy more than one you can carry the deck with chimney /cover thing already installed covering the coil.

9654669-5.jpg

$16.68 Dvarw DL V3 Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3.5/6ml / 316 stainless steel / 24mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL

Reference:

Thanks
    Jörg

Pill bottles are perfect for carrying extra decks and used decks.

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2018
    Perth, Western Australia
    Some juices can gunk up a coil quickly, I find that mesh to a lesser extent than wound coils. My favorite Mesh RTA is the VV Kylin M...you would need to rewick same as a wound coil but using Wotofo or similar cotton can help also the mesh coils last longer, hold shape when wicking and and clean easily using hot water flush and quick burn. I have reused mesh coils usually 5 to 10 times before replacing. I often use a syringe to empty the tank and then refill. When traveling you would need a scissors, cotton, syringe, and possibly a spare coil and small screwdriver. Lower power 10 to 15 watts seems to aid the gunk, mesh will give a cooler vape at a higer power, 40 to 50 watts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread