RTA with tight airflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
Hey folks. Since I started to vape, I only enjoy tight airflows, even when I do lung hits, and the only rta that allows tight mtl (that I know) is the KFL+.

I love my K4, but it will gurgle after some time with tight airflow and stays impossible to vape comfortably. I love my Squape R, but using it in the smallest air hole will cause some minor leaks (not nice when the atomizer is in your pocket). My Taifun gt II is to airy even on the smallest air hole (one on both side, its a clone).

So, that being said, I want to ask you guys which RTAs on the market can do tight mtl like the KFL+. Rose? Aqua? Tell me what you think! I want to try something new.

Thanks!

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Hey folks. Since I started to vape, I only enjoy tight airflows, even when I do lung hits, and the only RTA that allows tight mtl (that I know) is the KFL+.

I love my K4, but it will gurgle after some time with tight airflow and stays impossible to vape comfortably. I love my Squape R, but using it in the smallest air hole will cause some minor leaks (not nice when the atomizer is in your pocket). My Taifun gt II is to airy even on the smallest air hole (one on both side, its a clone).

So, that being said, I want to ask you guys which RTAs on the market can do tight mtl like the KFL+. Rose? Aqua? Tell me what you think! I want to try something new.

Thanks!
I don't personally own one, but have you taken a look at the Bachelor RTA?

I want to say it's 19.99, so it might be a good thing for you to check out. I'm not sure how tight of an airflow you're looking for, but it's a single coil RTA with adjustable airflow, so maybe you could just close it down as far as possible?

I've heard good things about it so far, but I haven't seen anything specific about it being a super tight draw.

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
I don't personally own one, but have you taken a look at the Bachelor RTA?

I want to say it's 19.99, so it might be a good thing for you to check out. I'm not sure how tight of an airflow you're looking for, but it's a single coil RTA with adjustable airflow, so maybe you could just close it down as far as possible?

I've heard good things about it so far, but I haven't seen anything specific about it being a super tight draw.
I've already looked into it, but it seems more like a lung hitter than a mouth to lung.

the new Kayfun V3 mini might do the trick....
The V3 probably will happen the same that happens to Kayfun 4, since the juice canals are very similar!

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Have you seen the KS RTA? The authentic is over $100, but the clone is under $20, got mine from Kanvape (In the US) for ~$15.

The look of it is obviously subjective, but I loved it. I bought 3 of them, and 2 tanks cracked due to tank-cracker liquids. Very tight draw IMO. Nice flavor and it handled my Max VG liquid with no problem. It can even handle 24ga wire if you're patient enough and don't mind tinkering with it a bit!

Reactions: danielpm

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Hey folks. Since I started to vape, I only enjoy tight airflows, even when I do lung hits, and the only RTA that allows tight mtl (that I know) is the KFL+.

Thanks!
I vape like you and I currently use the Gem RTA. They make better flavor than the KF4 and are very easy to build. Have you seen these yet?

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
I vape like you and I currently use the Gem RTA. They make better flavor than the KF4 and are very easy to build. Have you seen these yet?
Nice! Looks like the perfect thank on paper. The top fill works nice or it leaks?
The Aqua v2 (dual coil), the Rose, the Tilemahos (easy to coil and wick, no leaks) for flavor and MTL style vaping these are really excellent IMO.
The Rose and the Aqua are on my list, will have a look on tilemahos!
I have to recommend the Taifun GT. The original design has a tight, non-adjustable draw similar the kayfun lite set wide open. The Taifun GT2 has an adjustable air flow which can be opened up. Clones are readily available.
I have the Taifun gt2 clone, but even on the smallest airflow is still very airy. Note that my clone will have two holes open, and not one like the original.

mansis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
Costa Mesa,CA
The Aqua v2 (dual coil), the Rose, the Tilemahos (easy to coil and wick, no leaks) for flavor and MTL style vaping these are really excellent IMO.
Nice choice. My Tilemahos V2+ is on LA post office. Happy you gave good comments on it. Others you mentioned do well for MTL. I would add ataman v2 and phenomenon lite, both of them sitting beside me now. Both for MTL, plus air flow control as well as juice flow control and top fill with excellent flavor.

Reactions: DP2Raja

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
i love my phenomenon lites. 1 authentic and 1 clone. clone is pretty darn near the authentic, but clone capacity is far less due to the window being closed at the top vs the authentic which has room for juice at the top. i love this atty and is a totally tight mtl vaper and my everyday carry.

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
i love my phenomenon lites. 1 authentic and 1 clone. clone is pretty darn near the authentic, but clone capacity is far less due to the window being closed at the top vs the authentic which has room for juice at the top. i love this atty and is a totally tight mtl vaper and my everyday carry.
I searched about the phenomenon, and give up on them because of the six airholes. I supposed that, having six airflows, the airflow would be huge!

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
I searched about the phenomenon, and give up on them because of the six airholes. I supposed that, having six airflows, the airflow would be huge!

im strictly mtl and although it has 6 airholes on the outside, theres only 3 tiny airholes below the coil making it a super tight KFL+ type airflow. trust me, its a very restricted airflow even though it doesnt seem like it would be. youll be very happy with it. i have it wide open and its on par with the kfl+ airflow. cant imagine you can get more restricted than this.

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
im strictly mtl and although it has 6 airholes on the outside, theres only 3 tiny airholes below the coil making it a super tight KFL+ type airflow. trust me, its a very restricted airflow even though it doesnt seem like it would be. youll be very happy with it. i have it wide open and its on par with the kfl+ airflow. cant imagine you can get more restricted than this.
Yeah, the Phenomenon Lite is very tight.
Thanks, will add it to list again :D. And the hurricane RTA, had you heard anything about it? On the paper it looks really nice, like a put a Squape r and a Taifun together!

verycurious

Jun 21, 2015
I have the Taifun gt2 clone, but even on the smallest airflow is still very airy. Note that my clone will have two holes open, and not one like the original.

the ptfe tubes are used for reducing the air hole (on the deck). they work amazing, will give you more flavor and thight vape
Taifun GT II - PTFE Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread