RTS Trivia Contests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha Thank you to DH for your entry and a huge THANK YOU to all of those who participated in this week's trivia contest. Please help me in crowning our trivia champ for the week @GreenLeaf. Please PM me your first/last name and email address to receive your 600 rewards points! No worries vapers. I'll be posting a new contest to run through the weekend tomorrow. Have a groovy Cinco De Mayo Folks!

1. In Tarot cards, suits consist of Swords , Starves, Coins, and what else? A: Cups.

2. What birth control device was removed from the US market in the 1994 much to the chagrin of Elaine Benes? A: Today Sponge

3. What novel by Robert Cormier was firth published in 1977 and references a nursery rhyme in the title? A: I am not the cheese

4. What is the better known stage name of prop comic Scott Thompson? A: Carrot Top.

5. Also called Mélange, what is the fictional drug that is central to Frank Herbert’s Dune universe? A: Spice

6. What did Axel Foley stick in the pipeline of a Taggart and Rosewood to prevent them from following him in the film Beverly Hill Cops? A: A banana

7. What spin off of the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer first aired on October 5th 1999? A: Angel

8. What legal metaphor is used to describe a situation in which if the source if the evidence is tainted, then anything gained from it is tainted as well? A: The fruit of the poisonous tree

9. Who does their boss describe as a ”New York third-wave feminist, college educated, single- and-pretending-to-be-happy-about-it, over-scheduled, undersexed, you buy any magazine that says “healthy body image” on the cover and every two years you take up knitting for a week?’ A. Liz Lemon

10. What is the common bond for all of these answers? A: All types of cake.

Reactions: Debadoo
Good afternoon Vapers! Its time for another trivia contest. All participants PM me your answers and I will announce the winner on Monday. Good luck to all those playing. Have a fantastic Friday!!

Category: Black and Blue and Read all over

1. What is the name of the rock comedy band that features Jack Black as guitarist and Kyle Gass as lead guitarist and vocalist?

2. In art, which color is “complementary” to blue?

3. The 2001Ridley Scott film details the efforts of the US to capture a warlord in what country?

4. What is the name of the blue-ish alien race in James Cameron’s 2009 film, Avatar?

5. Who released the mashup album The Grey Album in 2004 that couples Jay-Z’s The Black Album with a multitude of unauthorized samples from the Beatles LP The White Album?

6. What was the largest state in the electoral college that went from “red” in the 2004 election to “blue” in the 2008 election?

7. Who was the coach of the Boston Celtics from April 27, 1950 to the end of the 1965-66 season?

8. What member of the Black Panther Party was assassinated by member of the FBI and Chicago police on December 4, 1969?

9. Who is the author of the Little Red Book, reported to be the most printed book written in the 20th century?

10. Who are the 4 members of the musical group the Black Eyed Pies?

Afternoon Vapers. Please help me in congratulating this week's winner @salemgold. You've won 540 rewards points. Thank you to all of our participants. Be sure to watch our thread for more trivia! :rickroll:

Category 2: Black and Blue and Read all over

1. What is the name of the rock comedy band that features Jack Black as guitarist and Kyle Gass as lead guitarist and vocalist? A: Tenacious D

2. In art, which color is “complementary” to blue? A: Orange

3. The 2001Ridley Scott film details the efforts of the US to capture a warlord in what country? A: Somalia

4. What is the name of the blue-ish alien race in James Cameron’s 2009 film, Avatar? A: Na’Vi

5. Who released the mashup album The Grey Album in 2004 that couples Jay-Z’s The Black Album with a multitude of unauthorized samples from the Beatles LP The White Album? A: Danger Mouse

6. What was the largest state in the electoral college that went from “red” in the 2004 election to “blue” in the 2008 election? A: Florida

7. Who was the coach of the Boston Celtics from April 27, 1950 to the end of the 1965-66 season? A: Red Auerbach

8. What member of the Black Panther Party was assassinated by member of the FBI and Chicago police on December 4, 1969? A: Fred Hampton.

9. Who is the author of the Little Red Book, reported to be the most printed book written in the 20th century? A: Mao Tse-Tung

10. Who are the 4 members of the musical group the Black Eyed Peas? A: Will.I.Am, Apl.De.Ap, Taboo, Fergie

Reactions: salemgold
Happy Monday Vapers! It's time again for more trivia :lol: I'll be announcing the winner on Thursday. Please make sure you PM me your responses. Good luck to all those participating!! Stay Groovy!

Category: Random

1. What is the largest desert in Europe?

2. Who was the first American to have a monument erected in his honor in India?

3. What are the three largest islands in the Mediterranean?

4. How did the Red Sea get its name?

5. What is London’s equivalent of Wall Street?

6. What is the average temperature at the South Pole?

7. What country is represented by the letters SF on the international license plate?

8. What California city is directly across the border from the Mexican city of Mexicali and has a name to match it?

9. What is the distance in yeards between the corral and the bull ring at the famous bull runs held annually in Pamplona, Spain?

10. Where is Hillary’s Chimney?

:glug:

Good afternoon Vapers!! Huge THANK YOU!!! to everyone who participated. The most participation YET! You guys are AWESOME!! Please help me in congratulating our winner this week @Zipslack. I threw some curve ball questions in the mix this week so you won 450 rewards points. Please PM me your first/last name and email address so the points can be added to your account. And stay turned for More Trivia over the weekend!!

Category: Random

1. What is the largest desert in Europe? A: There are no deserts-Europe is the only continent without it

2. Who was the first American to have a monument erected in his honor in India? A: George Washington Carver

3. What are the three largest islands in the Mediterranean? A: Sicily, Sardinia & Cyprus

4. How did the Red Sea get its name? A: From the occasionally extensive blooms of algae, that upon dying turn the normally blue green waters red.

5. What is London’s equivalent of Wall Street? A: Throgmorton Street (City of London)

6. What is the average temperature at the South Pole? A: -56 degrees F

7. What country is represented by the letters SF on the international license plate? A: Finland

8. What California city is directly across the border from the Mexican city of Mexicali and has a name to match it? A: Calexico

9. What is the distance in yeards between the corral and the bull ring at the famous bull runs held annually in Pamplona, Spain? A: 825 yards

10. Where is Hillary’s Chimney? A: Mount Everest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread