Status
Not open for further replies.

DLite

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
CA
www.vapealiciousjuice.com
Ok so if were going to change up the game a little bit what do you think about changing the time allotted to offer something new in return once and offer has been accepted. I only ask because I like a lot of others that have been around awhile probably have a decent size stash of goodies but it would take me a while to go through and find what i wanted to offer up. Sometimes taking longer than 30 minutes for me to find something new i want to vape let alone want to give away. Thats why a suprise pack of juice or a suprise pack of juice + hardware IMO is easier and makes it more exciting.

What are your thoughts????

Last edited:

DLite

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
CA
I understand where our awesome Mods are coming from they are trying to keep down the conflict from when someone gets a suprise that they dont want and complain if they receive something they cant use. Totally understand where they are coming from and am not coming against their decisions. Alls i'm asking for is a little more time to find what I want to give now that I cant offer a suprise pack because it takes forever to dig through my juice boxes and find something I feel is worthy enough to pay forward. I know people place juices they want to PIF aside and blah blah blah blah blah but I'm not one of those. I have limited room to store my E Cig stuff and I have 4 small kids so I just cant leave it lay around. So please just voice your opinion but dont bring rules to me I've already read them.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
I also understand why the rule is in place... and am thankful for our mods cleaning up the messes I am sure we make (and aren't even aware).. however, I had a different question.

What about the type of offer I sometimes present (every time I do, a Mod, bless their hearts, has to come behind me and clean up the mess) that includes a 'surprise'? Does this fall into the same category? Whereas 1 and 2 are plainly stated.. but 3 is a surprise choice..?

DLite

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
CA
Thats why a suprise pack of juice or a suprise pack of juice + hardware IMO is easier and makes it more exciting.
Sorry! I thought you wanted time to make up surprise packs! Which I think is very thoughtful. ( you can always pm to find out what you need to know, to make up a surprise pack for someone. Just takes a minute).

I know I would appreciate the extended time limit too, as I don't have a big stash too speak of, and sometimes need to time to see what I can reasonably spare, and so forth. (+ I also have a 5yr. old!) I always get so nervous when I accept a pif, that I will take too long returning with my offer.

Sorry if I offended you in any way, I didn't mean to...

No offense taken would take more than words on a screen in PIF to offend me :) was just making it a little clearer as after posting and reading I came off as wanting the rules changed to offer suprises which is not the case I would just rather now that I can not, Be able to have more time looking for juice to give rather than being rushed with kids running around.

zadane

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Seattle Washington, United States
Why would people complain about not liking what was in a surprise?

it's a bag that you have no idea what's in it... it could be a million dollars or it could be a pile of dog feces.

That's what makes it fun.

the people who complain about that must also be the people who don't like christmas or surprise parties.

I can understand if you have a pg allergy or something. but in that case. stick to the vg PIF...(or state your other allergy in your sig or something)

I always looked forward to getting a surprise PIF but now that they are gone i am seriously upset about this...

-1 for new rules.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
I haven't had any juices for PIFing in a while so my opinion is probably irrelavent but I actually do agree with the surprise pack change, there are a lot of juices I dislike and I cannot vape anything over 12mg without getting the spins. Others have the so-called pg allergy and need to know what they are getting, and not everyone wants to play the juice lottery. Personally, I think an added surprise is very nice but what you're giving away should be listed. Just my opinion!:)

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
I always looked forward to getting a surprise PIF but now that they are gone i am seriously upset about this...

-1 for new rules.

The disclosing of PIF's is not a "new" rule. It has been there for quite some time.

10. Be as specific as you can with your description, strength, PG or VG, amount, Brand, etc. All PIF bottles must have some form of label on them, with such information.

Truthfully we have not been as diligent about enforcing it as we should be. The rule does much more good than harm and will be enforced.

zadane

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Seattle Washington, United States
Maybe I should reword that.

what I was getting at, is that it seems to get rid of a sort of fun element of the PIF thread.

I can understand where it might make offering something of roughly equal value difficult, and things of that nature.

Which is why I think it would be good to offer a regular PIF along with your "surprise" if you wanted to also offer one and keep them in the same price range etc.

thinking about it, it's really not something to get upset about. Just not having a very good night so far...

gramakittycat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Yes Leanne, the time limit is 30 minutes and the new rule is unfortunately very clear

"Going forward we ask the every member fully disclose the content of any and all PIF's, giveaways, "treasure chest" items etc......"

A lot of fun has been taken away.
I have to disagree;PIF was / is always fun and "suprises" are fairly new to PIF offers.
Why would people complain about not liking what was in a surprise?

it's a bag that you have no idea what's in it... it could be a million dollars or it could be a pile of dog feces.

That's what makes it fun.

the people who complain about that must also be the people who don't like christmas or surprise parties.

I can understand if you have a pg allergy or something. but in that case. stick to the vg PIF...(or state your other allergy in your sig or something)

-1 for new rules.

Maybe I should reword that.

what I was getting at, is that it seems to get rid of a sort of fun element of the PIF thread.

I can understand where it might make offering something of roughly equal value difficult, and things of that nature.

Which is why I think it would be good to offer a regular PIF along with your "surprise" if you wanted to also offer one and keep them in the same price range etc.

thinking about it, it's really not something to get upset about. Just not having a very good night so far...

PIF never was or is about matching a $ value rather it is giving as you can so that new or those with smaller "vape stashes" can participate without feeling their offer is'nt worthy. PIF was just as fun before "surprise packs" came to be. Another point is that recieving a PIF you can not use would possibly cause more harm than good as you would now have a PIF you would have to send on and not have anything.It also could deprive someone from a PIF they need or could use. And for the record I like Christmas and surprise partys just fine though I can't speak for others. I'm not trying to be difficult but I guess I just see more problems with surprise packs than good and apparently there are some who have'nt been happy with suprises.

gramakittycat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
I haven't had any juices for PIFing in a while so my opinion is probably irrelavent but I actually do agree with the surprise pack change, there are a lot of juices I dislike and I cannot vape anything over 12mg without getting the spins. Others have the so-called pg allergy and need to know what they are getting, and not everyone wants to play the juice lottery. Personally, I think an added surprise is very nice but what you're giving away should be listed. Just my opinion!:)

I agree RISW I don't think there would be a problem with an added surprise (even more of a suprise since you would'nt be expecting it) as long as the labeling is done as the rules specify. Please correct me Mods if I am incorrect.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread