Russian 91% in an ego-c twist vv 1300mAh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm planning to buy a russian 91%,which is the best RTA I can find in Brazil for a reasonable price.
I'm fairly new to vaping, I've been using an ego-c battery that goes from 3.3 to 4.8v and has 1300mAh,which is very nice with my nautilus mini.
The problem is the bvc coils seem to not last too long for me, only a week or so, and the coils are not exactly cheap, so I'm planning to venture into rebuildables with the Russian.
Mods, either mechanical or regulated, are hard to find here, I 'd like to wait until I go to the US and then I'll buy a good one, but for now I'd like to use the Russian with the ego battery. Would it be OK, apart from the ridiculous way it'll probably look?
I plan to build 1.5-1.8 ohms coils, with 28-32 gauge kanthal, and silica or organic cotton wicks (I'll try both and see what works best for me), so no sub-ohm setup or cloud chasing, just regular vaping with reasonable maintenance cost.
Do you think I'll succeed with this setup or the battery will fail miserably? Is there any risk of leaking or exploding battery?

Thanks for the help.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I run a Kayfun on a regular EGO 1100 mah batt as my backup. With the EGO style batt I would stay above 29AWG, 28 works but is real slow for these batts. FWIW my Normal device is a kicked mod running between 7-10watts on coils from 1.6-2.2ohms. I use 29 and 30awg for single coils and 31-33 for duals and twisted wire single coils.

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
What do you mean it'll be top heavy? Because of the coil?

No, it's because the atomizer itself is too heavy when compared to the battery. Much heavier than the E-Go atomizers :)

Be careful: NEVER try to leave that setup standing by itself on a table, as if it was a tube mod.

The small diameter of the battery, combined with the added weight of the atomizer on top, will likely make it fall on it's side. And then, roll off the table. And then, a nasty fall to the ground. I have been there. :)

Apart from that, I do not see any trouble about the setup you're planning to have. Just make sure to stay above 1.3 Ohm, otherwise the battery won't fire.
If you get a blinking led button and no power, that's because the electronics on the battery is warning you about a low resistance coil.

On my Kayfun, I usually build my coils with 28 AGW wire. As a quick rule, seven wraps around a 3mm screwdriver will make a coil with about 1.5-1.6 Ohm.
28 gauge is thick enough to make a stonger coil, which allows you to simply remove the cotton (gently!), dry burn the wire and replace the cotton, without having to rebuild everything. I have used the same coil for 2-3 months with no problem. Simply dry burning and changing the cotton every 3 days keeps the coil as good as new.

However, as stated on a previous post, I'm not really sure how that gauge will heat up on an E-Go battery. (I use a mec box mod). It's a VV battery, which is good. But if you find that the heating is too slow after all, try using a bigger AGW gauge (meaning, a thinner wire - 28 AGW is .32mm in diameter, while 30 AGW is .25mm). Keep in mind that a thinner wire will have more electrical resistance, so you should build with LESS coils to get the same Ohms. Also, you may have trouble removing the wick without damaging the coil, forcing you to rebuild everything from the start every week or so.

As it is, it's all a matter of experimentation. I myself have used 3 different gauges in the beginning, until I found my "sweet spot".

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Not exactly sure if the EGO has the power to run a RTA correctly as it should be, however you can try and see what YOU think about it. Just don't build your coils too low. It won't at all run a lower ohm coil Due to its cut off point. So if you build with high enough Ohms then yes it should run it, but your battery sure won't last long I wouldn't think at 1300mah. Expirment with it and see what you think. When I first started out I used a ego with a kanger and it wouldn't last me all day at 1300mah. Battery life is what I would worry about as the ego will work harder to run the RTA. other than that, with a large ohm build I'm sure it will work. It's just how well it will work?? Your going to have to test it and see then let us know ok? Good luck and hope it works well. Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread