The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Russian 91% or kfl+

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by Cob24, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ozwald

Ozwald Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    I completely recant my statement. I just received my authentic R91 today. It is not as good as the KFL+ in function. Besides the machining being extremely poor, the juice channels are not cut properly which will affect it's function drastically. I'm returning it & buying another authentic KFL+.

2. BadTrainDriver

BadTrainDriver Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2013
    Dublin, Ohio
    Interesting, Ozwald...I haven't received my KFL+(newest versions) yet, but my initial thoughts about the Russian 91% that I recently received was that it was a quality device.

I set it up and filled it up yesterday around 1700hrs, and 22.5hrs later it's still hitting like a champ!

I will admit some of the threads left a little to be desired, but overall it felt like a nice piece.

Tomorrow I'll have one of my KFL+'s, and I'll report which one is nicer then.

3. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Geez, and I flipped back and forth and back and forth and couldn't decide and ended up ordering the Russian.
    I sure hope it's not a dud. I'm still hopeful, but if the thing looks machined like a cheap clone and the channels don't look right, I probably won't even try it out... Oz - where'd you get it?

4. Ozwald

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    It was the polished from VaporDNA. Comparing it to pics of Tex's it appears to be authentic (as they claim it is & the Kebo logo on the box is dead on). The biggest problem is the juice channels. The vertical ones are extremely narrow - less than half the size of my authentic KFL+'s. Someone else got his & was trying for hours to get it to wick correctly & his pics looked like a decent build. I didn't even bother after hearing about his problems & then seeing the channels for myself.

Luckily I was planning on ordering another KFL+ from Germany very soon, so I'll just return the R91 & order 2 KFL's.

5. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2013
    StL, MO
    Sorry to hear about your R91% experience Oz. Luckily, I've had a good experience with my R91%. If I ever get to the point where I feel the need to have multiple of this style atomizer, I'll most likely pull the trigger on a KFL+...unless, of course, a Rose V2 is available. :p

6. Ozwald

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    Already got my RMA. For further info, this was that polished run that VaporDNA is selling. Tex is supposed to have his in today & knows what to look for. If his is bad too, I'm going to have to assume the batch is just bad.

7. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2013
    StL, MO
    If it is a bad batch, VaporDNA sure ain't gonna be happy!

8. Train2

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Mine got delivered today.
    To my neighbor's mailbox.
    Nice, USPS...

The thing was screwed together so tight I had to put on rubber gloves to get it apart. It is being soaked now - looked clean, but still - I just always wash SS threads from china...

Anyway - threads seem OK, and juice channels aren't so obviously off that I won't give it a shot.
    The horizontal hole is more of a channel than the vertical, plus goes in a bit past the vertical - I don't have experience to know whether this is going to cause a wicking problem or not.
    [​IMG]

And at first I thought, "not enough - the deck won't get juice" - but I looked closer, and it may be fine. I googled and found shots of R91 builds where the deck looks just like mine...
    [​IMG]

I did see this in another post - VaporDNA pointed to it to help reassure that these were "legit" R91's.
    From Kebo's Facebook page.
    [​IMG]

And finally (well, not finally - I'll post again after I use it!), it did come with a mangled o-ring on the top of the chimney. Not a big deal, it'll still work, and I think there's a spare in there too.

Wish me luck!

9. Train2

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Well, I suck at building coils, but I got it working...
    It's wicking; airflow is GREAT and adjustment works; 510 pin needed adjustment, and that worked too.

Note - "behind" the 510 screw/pin is an INSIDE screw that holds the insulator on the deck (not sure I'm using the right terms). That was LOOSE - when I first started to loosen the screw for wire, the whole block turned. Fortunately, I'd seen a video somewhere that made me realize (hope) that inside screw would be there to separately tighten the deck part. I hope that makes sense...

Nice and shiny -- -->

[​IMG]

10. Elizabeth Baldwin

Elizabeth Baldwin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Wow, really? Where did you get yours? I have both and mine are identical except for the airflow, which is better in the Russian to be honest. And since my Russian has arrived I have been vaping exclusively on it. Don't get me wrong the Kayfun is great too.

My Kayfun and Russian are identical in every way, including quality. Hmmmm...

11. Ozwald

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    Your vertical channels are a touch better than mine were; I'm glad that at least someone's works. The variances don't leave me any faith in Kebo though - my KFL's are machined precisely & are exact. I have the knowledge & tools to polish my own, so I was going to save myself a bit of time with this one, but it's not that big of a deal. I'm still going back to my trusted KFL's though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.