Status
Not open for further replies.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I didn't see one, so here it is!

I feel like this model is sufficiently different to warrant its own thread, but if not please remove or merge.

I own an original RX200 which is still working dandy (I'm probably lucky that I don't use smok tanks...) and reviewed the 200S, but don't own one. My 2/3 came in the mail today-- red and black-- and I am liking it so far. My pros and cons:

Pros:
-The obvious option to use 2 or 3 batteries
-2-battery enclosure still feels ergonomic in my hand
-upgraded connector from original 200 (though inconsistent information about whether it's the same connector as 200S)
-multiple colors, love the red and black for a change
-big screen
-clicky button
-decent construction for an inexpensive mod*
-seemingly vastly improved TC from original RX200

Cons:
-battery doors a little fiddly, no audible click when closed on mine. however, so far the closure seems sturdy enough.
-6V cutoff in two-battery mode?! I'd love to be able to use a 1.2ohm coil at more than 30W on a 150W device, if I so choose! (Note: I may not be fully understanding the electricity here, seeing as the device can take a third cell, so if this is unavoidable then someone correct me and I will remove it.)
*-some gaps in machining, but nothing egregious and nowhere you wouldn't expect it (like slight gaps top of battery door in 2-battery mode)
-Some toppers are a LITTLE wobbly in the connection, and you always want to be careful tightening down too tight with these inexpensive connectors.

Subjective:
-2 battery enclosure-- or three, for that matter-- may not be as comfortable in some hands
-Screen orientation: especially when over 100W, the numbers have to really crunch in narrow to fit. It's readable, and the screen is so much bigger than the original. But it's kind of weird. The Cuboid 150W screen and font is much more clear.
-Because of the 6V cutoff in 2-battery mode, this means there's a certain limit to how high you may want to go in terms of resistance. This is completely dependent on vaping style, but it would certainly be nice if it could do a little more when using higher res coils. However, I guess it's best to think of 2-battery mode as more of a "portable mode" with slightly, barely reduced features.

Anyway, so here it is, the owner's thread. Carry on!

wismec-rx-23-box-mod-wo-battery.jpg

Last edited:

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
I also received mine today, and it's also Red and Black. Congratulations to us!

Anyway, the only issue is minor -- paint seems to be coming off the top of the 2 battery door near the top. Otherwise, for the money, this is a great device and I'm happy with my purchase (directly from Wismec US).

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Yes, I noticed a similar issue with the paint being a little patchy on the top of the inside/scratching off a tad just from trying to fiddle the 2 door on the back. It's a little tough getting that on but the 3 batt door went on more easily and with a more satisfying click. Hopefully the 2 door will break in a little but I mostly intend to put mine away for a while.

My only other disappointment is the 6V cutoff with 2 batteries but again, I may be misunderstanding why that is the case/possibly necessary due to the multiple battery configurations. It's not like 6V is really that low, so that is also minor.

I completely agree that for the price, I'm really not complaining much about either. It seems perfectly solid for what it is.

Reactions: Clark Kent

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I have a red and black one coming Monday, I can not wait. This will be #5 for the RX200's, 3 different RX200, 1 RX200S, now this one. still use my first all Black RX200 the most, it has been a workhorse and is getting scratched up a little, not bad as I thought, but I usually use a sleeve, has anybody seen sleeves for the 2/3 yet in 2 mode?

Reactions: ddirtyvapes

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
@Clark Kent I have not seen sleeves for the 2-battery mode yet, but if you find any please let us know! I'd like one too.

Funny, my all-black original RX200 is also my workhorse. It has done just great and I don't even use a sleeve. (Long story, mostly my fault, mostly use RDAs and kept getting liquid under it.) I've heard some people had issues with the longevity of the connectors but right now mine is pretty much my only daily-use mod and I have yet to have any problems at all. As I said above, though, I don't use SMOK tanks which seem to be responsible for a number of those types of issues.

Considering it's your fifth RX, I don't see why you won't love this. It is really only my second since I'm not counting the 200S I reviewed and I am thoroughly impressed by the updates. Based on the way my original 200 is holding up, I have high hopes for this one-- knock on wood.

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I sure the sleeves will show up soon as well as different color (2) backs, I would guess you could use the RX200S front plates on it as well. Its kind of weird how they seem to have a bit of difference in the 510's, My RX200S being the worst. I don't remember my first black one being that finicky. I have been mainly useing the Limitless+ on mine. Really liking those tanks.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
That's so interesting you found the threads/connection on the 200S to be the worst. I thought I read that those were the same connection they used on the DNA200 models. I suppose that doesn't preclude it from being bad, but still. I will say the connector on the 2/3 isn't the best or anything... seems eeeevvvveeerrrr so slightly lopsided/wobbly, but it's not awful nor is it bothering me one bit.

The Limitless+ is a 25mm tank, right? Is there any overhang? If yes to both, do you know the largest size the original 200 can fit? I almost got a 24mm tank for it (looked at a few) but just happened to end up with a Lemo 3 since I have more 22mm devices and wanted something that should also fit on the Pico, which is extra important to be 22. I don't like overhang but obviously almost any of my other mods could fit a larger tank if I ignored it... the Pico can't.

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
Well I got the 2/3 today, the battery door is my biggest concern had to really use some pressure to snap it in place and it seems it does not line up that well, yes the limitless + fits on with absolutley no overhang I have seen reports from 24.5mm to 25.05mm, so I broke out the digital caliper and it reads 25.05mm and it goes right up to the lip of the RX. It seems that would be the max on the RX 2/3. Have to say it looks great on there though.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Hmmm... I'll have to check mine. I think mine fits better than that. It's definitely tight and there's a bit of a gap at the top but nothing too terrible. I've got 3 batts in there right now but when they've run down I'll double check how mine looks. Not to make you feel bad or anything but I'm pretty sure mine is in better shape than yours is :/

I did read one review somewhere (I forget which site) which really trashed the build quality; perhaps he got a similar unit to you? :(

For my part, I guess I almost consider the 2-battery mode extra, especially now that I've used it. For me, the 6v cutoff is a little bit of a bummer because I do use higher res atomizers sometimes. I have a feeling I'll use it more in 3-battery mode and any time I can get with 2 batteries is kind of a bonus. But I definitely wouldn't be happy if my 2-batt enclosure were in really rough shape.

Last edited:

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
yes, the 2 battery encloser does not line up right, pretty big gap at the top and slight overhang on the bottom. Not really sure there all like this or I received one from the company that gives out Saki shots at lunch:unsure:

Maybe you just need a little more practice. I had the same experience at first, and couldn't believe the product was designed to have that large a gap. For me, it sometimes takes a few attempts to line everything up correctly, but eventually I get it in the proper place and the gap disappears.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My RX200S battery door fits snug without alignment issues. It's a little difficult to get off. I have to wash my hands to get a grip on it and use a fingernail on one side and thumb pressure on the other.

It's a good mod. I put a heat sink on the 510 connection after reading about the 510 connector issues. The S model is supposed to have the DNA200 510 connector, so I don't expect problems. There is a slight wobble in a mounted Kayfun, but the heat sink takes out almost all of that. You can screw the heat sink all the way down on the RX200S and it radiates most of the atomizer heat so that the RX case doesn't get hot.

The picture makes the heat sink look rough, but I think that's just low resolution doing that. Mine was smooth and shiny, including the threads.
Kepler 510 Finned Heat Sink for RDA RBA Vape Mod, Stainless steel, US SHIP FREE

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
For my part, I guess I almost consider the 2-battery mode extra, especially now that I've used it. For me, the 6v cutoff is a little bit of a bummer because I do use higher res atomizers sometimes. I have a feeling I'll use it more in 3-battery mode and any time I can get with 2 batteries is kind of a bonus. But I definitely wouldn't be happy if my 2-batt enclosure were in really rough shape.

I've heard people say that there was a 2 battery mode in the RX200 and the RX200S. Is there a software switch that allows 2 batts? Mine doesn't come on with less than 3 batts installed.

There's a 2 battery enclosure available for the RX200? For the RX200X?

Last edited:

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
@DaveP I don't think so... I thought the 200S was three battery only, but since I don't actually own one I don't know. I don't really see the benefit of using two batteries beyond getting to use a pair you may have instead of a trio, because the enclosure is the same either way. Are you updated fully on firmware? That just sounds like someone was confused, though.

I agree with @mykereid though about the 2/3... mine took some patience but doesn't align too badly. There are some "almost" gaps near the top, but they're not even really gaps. hard to describe. looks fine really, there's just two spots at the top it doesn't sit 100% flush. Close enough for government work, or a $40 mod.

Reactions: kljoki

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
@DaveP I don't think so... I thought the 200S was three battery only, but since I don't actually own one I don't know. I don't really see the benefit of using two batteries beyond getting to use a pair you may have instead of a trio, because the enclosure is the same either way. Are you updated fully on firmware? That just sounds like someone was confused, though.

So, it's the RX200 (not the S) that can operate with 2 batteries, or are you guys talking about another mod?

I do have three married sets of 2 batteries for my Smok Koopor Plus 200W. Since I rarely vape above 10W using those would be a plus. I have a married triple set of Sony VTC4's and another married triple set of LG HG2's that I use exclusively in the RX200S. It would be nice to have the option of using 2 batteries at low wattage.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Sorry for the confusion @DaveP, we are indeed talking about another mod. There is the RX200 ("v1"), the RX200S, which you have, and those are both 3-battery mods as far as I know.

There is a newer version, the "RX 2/3" which comes with two battery doors and is designed to operate with either 2 or 3 18650s. If you use 2, you also install a different battery door, and instead of 200W/9V it maxes out at 150W/6V. See the attached photo.

Based on what you said about your married sets, maybe a 2/3 would be a good option for you?

So yeah, sorry again for any confusion, but yes we are talking about a different mod and as far as I know, your current RX200S only operates with 3 batteries.

wismec-rx-23.png

I *THINK* the photo in my original post is actually the 2/3 in three battery mode, but it's hard to tell and I can certainly see why that might be confusing.

Reactions: DaveP

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Sorry for the confusion @DaveP, we are indeed talking about another mod. There is the RX200 ("v1"), the RX200S, which you have, and those are both 3-battery mods as far as I know.

My bad! I didn't know there was actually an RX2/3 out. I just assumed that the OP abbreviated the model number for RX200 and thought the 3 stood for V3. I've heard people talking about different battery combos here and on Reddit and thought I missed something. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread