RX200 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samson326

Apr 8, 2016
Hey all new to the forum and thought I would say hello and ask a question. I just got a RX200, now I know you are to hit the fire button three times to get to ni200 then three to get to ti and so on. But here is my problem, when I hit the fire button three times it shows NI but when I hit it three more times it don't change to the TI. I have to hit my wattage up button to scroll through the NI, TI, SS, M1, M2, M3. Then hit the fire button to enter the one I want to get into. Does this happen to any body here or has any body heard of this happening

David Grossman

Verified Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hey all new to the forum and thought I would say hello and ask a question. I just got a RX200, now I know you are to hit the fire button three times to get to ni200 then three to get to ti and so on. But here is my problem, when I hit the fire button three times it shows NI but when I hit it three more times it don't change to the TI. I have to hit my wattage up button to scroll through the NI, TI, SS, M1, M2, M3. Then hit the fire button to enter the one I want to get into. Does this happen to any body here or has any body heard of this happening

David Grossman

Verified Member
Mar 12, 2016
Google Wismec RX 200 download problems and go through the adds. You will see one on how to fix it, down load everything properly and check to make sure it was down loaded right. There are 2-4 videos that walk you through everything including changing the TCR to your liking for Nickel and SS. I also have different settings on nickel for my different tanks. I hope this helps

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
You would think, if they are doing the updated firmware before they box them up and ship them out, they could at least put a memo in with it so you know what to do. But noooooo instead they just let you read the booklet then wonder why it's not working right

Again... this is NOT a procedure new to the v3 update.

However... I've found the problem.

I grabbed my early (Nov.) RX manual and the instructions say...

"Shift Between TC/VW Mode: When the device is powered on, press the fire button 3 times in quick succession to toggle between TC-Ni, TC-Ti, TC-SS and VW mode"

That's all. Oops. :(
Someone didn't catch the error/omission before printing, and few of us actually read it. :p

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada
Here is a ohms vs max wattage chart for the DNA200, not the same device but both has a max 9v output so it should be similar.

P=watts and R=resistance.
0SVzRIp.png

Samson326

Apr 8, 2016
Okay thanks, that's a big help. I was wondering what was going on. But it's all good now that I look at that chart. Thank you all for your help. I'm new to all this temp control and wattage stuff, I just upgraded from my vision twist, what a big differants. But if I didn't ask I would be lost, some things I need to know is not in the little user manual.

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Again... this is NOT a procedure new to the v3 update.

However... I've found the problem.

I grabbed my early (Nov.) RX manual and the instructions say...

"Shift Between TC/VW Mode: When the device is powered on, press the fire button 3 times in quick succession to toggle between TC-Ni, TC-Ti, TC-SS and VW mode"

That's all. Oops. :(
Someone didn't catch the error/omission before printing, and few of us actually read it. :p

What do you mean? I bought two RX200 in January and one had v1.07 and the other had v1.08. They both to change coil type, you had to cycle through by pressing fire three times per cycle. Then with v3.0, you now cycled through with the plus and minus buttons. And yes, the manual is correct before v3.0 firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread