RY concentrates

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDuke

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Las Vegas
I wonder if aging will reduce the mallow taste? I know when i got my fsusa it had a strong mallow taste even though i could still taste the other ingredients. After a few days the mallow died down some. Both ways it's really good. I have some oRYental4 coming from FA, pretty confident it will be good. If it doesn't have a mallow taste in it i will prolly add some since i now like that undertone.

Sentinal

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2010
Columbus
I wonder if aging will reduce the mallow taste? I know when i got my fsusa it had a strong mallow taste even though i could still taste the other ingredients. After a few days the mallow died down some. Both ways it's really good. I have some oRYental4 coming from FA, pretty confident it will be good. If it doesn't have a mallow taste in it i will prolly add some since i now like that undertone.

I dont mind some mallow taste however it is all I smell and taste with the perfume scent along with it. It had 20 days to die down while being shipped. Are most ry4 concentrates clear? My experience with flavored ejuice is RY4 has a slight carmel to med carmel tint depending on vendor.

Oh also plz tell me what the oryental 4 is like...what it looks and smells like. Im stayn away from China as much as I can avoid as far as juice is concerned. First and last purchase for juice from them.

Last edited:

Kosmarnik

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
You Ahmericuns are weird. You got worse postal service than China. 30% of my USPS shipped orders never arrived (from CN and HK it's 1 in 180 or so, and even that I'm not sure it's was ever posted) and they took as long if not logner then most Chinese ones to get here.
Got my HC order shipped in 4 days and it took another 6 days to reach eastern Europe. Though it took our bloody customs five more days to tax it :(

On the flavors though.
Highly concentrated stuff. I made the mistake to put one drop on the atomizer (peanut). Very stupid. Had to soak and cook the atomizer and still the flavor persisted for days :(
My RY4 tastes and smells like RY4? Sure it's sweet, but marshmallow only it's not. Maybe your nose is busted Sentinal, or we tried some very different RY4 before.

555 is delicious. Camel is meh, but on par with other CN Camels.

Sentinal

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2010
Columbus
You Ahmericuns are weird. You got worse postal service than China. 30% of my USPS shipped orders never arrived (from CN and HK it's 1 in 180 or so, and even that I'm not sure it's was ever posted) and they took as long if not logner then most Chinese ones to get here.
Got my HC order shipped in 4 days and it took another 6 days to reach eastern Europe. Though it took our bloody customs five more days to tax it :(

On the flavors though.
Highly concentrated stuff. I made the mistake to put one drop on the atomizer (peanut). Very stupid. Had to soak and cook the atomizer and still the flavor persisted for days :(
My RY4 tastes and smells like RY4? Sure it's sweet, but marshmallow only it's not. Maybe your nose is busted Sentinal, or we tried some very different RY4 before.

555 is delicious. Camel is meh, but on par with other CN Camels.

lol...no my nose isnt busted as I know what my GOOD ry4's smell and taste like. Im buying from another vendor today and will wait once again. Buying from here stateside so wont take as long hopefully.

DaDuke

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Las Vegas
Yeah, if mallow is all your smelling and tasting after that long then somethings wrong. My ry4 from fsusa is a deep carmel color. I'll let you know what i think of the oRYental4 soon as it gets here. Should be here any day now. Mail order is like reverse christmas... You know what you're getting, you just don't know when.

Sentinal

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2010
Columbus
Yeah, if mallow is all your smelling and tasting after that long then somethings wrong. My ry4 from fsusa is a deep carmel color. I'll let you know what i think of the oRYental4 soon as it gets here. Should be here any day now. Mail order is like reverse christmas... You know what you're getting, you just don't know when.

Waitn on the replacement shipping...they think it may have been mislabeled. Will let you know how it is when I get it.

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
I was looking at buying it but heard it tastes nothing like ry4 but more like ramen noodles? Do me a favor; if you try it and it doesnt, repost here and let me know.

That kind of scares me off of trying it, LOL. I've had some pre-mixed Ry4 from a highly-regarded Ry4 supplier that had a heavy "soy sauce" overtone to it, and it was really nasty. Maybe that's the flavorant they use?

If the FA tastes like ramen, no point in me going there. But if I change my mind, I'll definitely post back. You too, please.

Sentinal

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2010
Columbus
That kind of scares me off of trying it, LOL. I've had some pre-mixed Ry4 from a highly-regarded Ry4 supplier that had a heavy "soy sauce" overtone to it, and it was really nasty. Maybe that's the flavorant they use?

If the FA tastes like ramen, no point in me going there. But if I change my mind, I'll definitely post back. You too, please.

Im not buying it..lol..I have just mixed my own. 50% tobacco flavor concentrate (including 2 drops of already diluted TA and cotton candy)and the rest;50% caramel, english toffee and marshmallow with vanilla butternut or bavarium cream at about 5% of that secondary 50%. Let it set for about a week and it is ready.

The diluted TA consists of 2 drops TA and 10 drops cotton candy in 10ml total vodka mix.

DaDuke

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Las Vegas
Sorry, lost track of this thread... doh.

Anyway, got it in the other day and i really like it. Tastes about the same as most RY4's ive tried and is a very light amber color. It's pretty concetrated compared to most flavorings so should be good bang for your buck.

Other FA flavors that i found really good are:
Tiramisu - any better and it would be rated X. We're currently engaged.
Vanilla Classic - one of the best vanillas i've tried so far. Good enough to vape as a solo flav.
Cappuccino - delicious. Just right.
Virgina Cured - To me it tastes similar to RY4 but less sweet with a good fresh tobacco undertone.
Coconut - subtle but tastes like fresh shredded coconut.
Strawberry - i really like it. IMO the best strawberry out of FA, FF and Loranns. Not real concentrated and i like it starting at 20%
Ps- i'm so mad. I ordered about 25 cappellas to try out and forgot to order their strawberry grrrr. Oh well, next round i guess...

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
Im not buying it..lol..I have just mixed my own. 50% tobacco flavor concentrate (including 2 drops of already diluted TA and cotton candy)and the rest;50% caramel, english toffee and marshmallow with vanilla butternut or bavarium cream at about 5% of that secondary 50%. Let it set for about a week and it is ready.

The diluted TA consists of 2 drops TA and 10 drops cotton candy in 10ml total vodka mix.

Yummm... that sounds delish, let us know how it turns out!

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
Sorry, lost track of this thread... doh.

Anyway, got it in the other day and i really like it. Tastes about the same as most RY4's ive tried and is a very light amber color. It's pretty concetrated compared to most flavorings so should be good bang for your buck.

Other FA flavors that i found really good are:
Tiramisu - any better and it would be rated X. We're currently engaged.
Vanilla Classic - one of the best vanillas i've tried so far. Good enough to vape as a solo flav.
Cappuccino - delicious. Just right.
Virgina Cured - To me it tastes similar to RY4 but less sweet with a good fresh tobacco undertone.
Coconut - subtle but tastes like fresh shredded coconut.
Strawberry - i really like it. IMO the best strawberry out of FA, FF and Loranns. Not real concentrated and i like it starting at 20%
Ps- i'm so mad. I ordered about 25 cappellas to try out and forgot to order their strawberry grrrr. Oh well, next round i guess...

Thanks, daDuke, I lose track of threads all the time (I know, I know, I should just subscribe but I forget...)

LOL regarding the Tiramisu, and congrats BTW!

You mention that the oRY4 is pretty concentrated, what percent did you end up mixing it as?

FSUSA sells the FA flavorants and he also has some of them in pre-mixed -- I might give the oRyental4 a go with a pre-mix sample on my next order to see how I like the flavor (along with a few others, someone on their forum mentioned that the ObaOba is very good).

I'll let you know how I fare, particularly regarding the overtones of Ramen noodles, LOL. That still cracks me up!

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have not compared RY4 from other vendors but have found an RY4 concentrate by Wicked Vapor, thevaporpro.com
It's a 6ml bottle for $4.95 and you only need 1 or 2 drops to make 6 to 10 ml of eJuice. I think it's quite good, but like I said I haven't compare it to others. They also make other concentrates. As a DIY'er, concentrates are the way to go. A little bit goes a long way.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Do you know anything about where these flavorings are being produced? I'm personally only buying flavorings from the big manufacturers since i know they're being produced properly. I couldn't find any info of that nature there.

Drop a line to Art of TheVaporPro.com and ask him. As far as Big Manufactures, Johnson Creek which is one of my main suppliers was one of five companies singled out by the FDA. The FDA cited Johnson Creek Enterprises, which markets Smoke Juice, a liquid solution used to refill depleted cartridges in e-cigarettes, for several significant deficiencies in its manufacturing processes, including failure to establish quality control and testing procedures required under the FDCA. Their Tennessee Cured is fantastic.
See: FDA acts against 5 electronic cigarette distributors

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I think what DaDuke is referring to is the major flavoring companies. It's recently been brought to our attention that some flavoring companies may not be following state health and safety codes and this can lead to potential harm. These regulated businesses need to follow safety procedures because they are mixing chemicals (flavorings are chemical molecules) not just adding flavorings to nicotine as with the eJuice vendors (not saying they shouldn't also have some sort of regulation.)

DaDuke

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Las Vegas
Drop a line to Art of TheVaporPro.com and ask him. As far as Big Manufactures, Johnson Creek which is one of my main suppliers was one of five companies singled out by the FDA. The FDA cited Johnson Creek Enterprises, which markets Smoke Juice, a liquid solution used to refill depleted cartridges in e-cigarettes, for several significant deficiencies in its manufacturing processes, including failure to establish quality control and testing procedures required under the FDCA. Their Tennessee Cured is fantastic.
See: FDA acts against 5 electronic cigarette distributors
GoodDog was correct that i was asking about the flavoring production facility.

Af far as Johnson Creek goes, your statement is a bit misleading. It wasn't because they didn't have any quality control at all. It was because they didn't have a quality control dept solely dedicated to testing with the authority to shut the facility down which is what's required to meet US drug manufacturing standards. The only reason that's an issue is because the FDA is using the customer testimonials posted on JC's site to declare that JC is claiming their product is a drug and therefore required to meet drug standards. You be the judge if the FDA is on a witch hunt using any excuse (customer testimonials) to exert its authority.

I don't believe any usa eliquid manufacturer currently meets FDA drug standards and JC is one of the most respected and well established of the US manufacturers. While the big name china juices are produced in clean rooms, they are not under US FDA jurisdiction either so their level of quality control is questionable by US standards.

Just want to clear that up so people don't get the wrong impression about JC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread