Sad TFV12 coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowtao

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Over There
My TFV12 came with 3 coils. All bad. As soon as it arrived I checked to make sure it had a coil in it and I tightened it all up, filled it and watched my juice stream out around the bottom. Since the entire tank full of juice leaked out all over I couldn't tell just where the leak originated. After clean up, I checked online for information on leaks. Quickly found many complaints about the coils being poorly made. A quick check showed each of my 3 had wires sticking out of the coils bottom seal. All junk. It's sad that what most agree is a great tank is so marred by such crap coils. And its made worse by SMOK including these bad coils with the new tank. Suggest people do not buy the tank WITH coils. Buy your coils separately and check each.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well yes, that's been a known issue for a while, although I doubt Smok did that on purpose (put poor QC coils with the tank). They just don't have that much (or enough I should say) QC going on. Some folks have been able to remedy defective coils by poking the wires back in to where they should be. Afraid I'm not much of a smok person but I'll bet someone will come along with better instructions for the fix.

Although I agree, it surely is a very annoying issue.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread