ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Wow - that is awesome - never saw anything like that in the states (USA)....I almost thought it was joke and see it is not.
I recall some US hospital who was dispencing free disposable cigalikes to visitors to use while visiting inpatients. That was maybe 3 - 4 years ago, and have no idea if they are still doing it.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
0ne person in four has a dependence from nicotine, either from smoking or vaping.
When this person is denied the possibility to assume nicotine, he/she becomes irritable, unfocused, grumpy, sometime getting into a real sufference.
Showing some understanding by providing relief to smoker / vapers in terms of a vape area, some free devices, an so on, makes everybody happier.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
0ne person in four has a dependence from nicotine, either from smoking or vaping.
When this person is denied the possibility to assume nicotine, he/she becomes irritable, unfocused, grumpy, sometime getting into a real sufference.
Showing some understanding by providing relief to smoker / vapers in terms of a vape area, some free devices, an so on, makes everybody happier.
All those adjectives describe me -- plus especially the one that rhymes with itch.... I have to say though that since I stopped analogs 6.5 years ago I do not go crazy if I do not have my vape --even for a few hours. Proof to me that there is so much other junk in analogs!

KatlandKat

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2012
Vancouver Island BC Canada

Not sure about addiction but a year ago I had brain surgery and they would not let me out of bed to go and vape I got very upset and they had to prevent me by using straps and magnets to prevent me from leaving the bed. I also have issues in hospitals and busy places like Airports etc due to my being DEAF so they were not communicating with me well just used straps and magnets to prevent me from leaving the bed ........wouldn't even let me go to the washroom.
In two separate hospitals and both did it .............later a doctor told me that I had to lay flat for the bleeding in my brain.............nice someone finally told me that instead of just drugging me.
Hospitals are a very stressful place and vaping helps reduce that stress so wish they had embraced it here.
Soon I have to go out of town for overnight and need to travel to get where I am going .............can't vape and it is going to be a stressful time for me ........stealth vape time

Allan Lethbridge

Dec 16, 2017
That is the difference between the UK and the US. More specifically the difference between the government saving money if you don't smoke and are thus healthier, vs the government losing money from tax revenue if you stop smoking.
Here In Canada it is even more so the government would save money for healthcare costs as our medical is covered 100%. I thought because vaping is healthier, it’s going to put less of a strain on our medical costs so that would be a benefit! But, how much more with the government be getting through the taxes that come from the sale of cigarettes! It’s common knowledge that with gasoline, cigarettes and alcohol that a large cost of these is the tax! In fact, I just looked it up. The tax per cigarette in Canada is 18.475¢. This equates to $36.95 per carton. And I know with myself and many of my friends we smoke a carton a week. So the government was getting $147.8 A month from me or $591.2/year. Multiply that by a few million people a year!

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
I recall some US hospital who was dispencing free disposable cigalikes to visitors to use while visiting inpatients. That was maybe 3 - 4 years ago, and have no idea if they are still doing it.

Most hospitals now offer patients and visitors a nicotine patch in the US.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeh, of course they'd offer the suckiest option. I'd rather not vape than use the patch, frankly. I hate those things. I guess it is better than nothing. The last time I was hospitalized, (and it was a long time ago but our governor was rabidly anti smoking when it came to hospitals I annoyed the staff so much, they finally caved and allowed me to use nicotine gum.

How it in any way DIFFERED from the patch as far as "not impacting others" well, I'm not quite sure. I guess they thought I might offer my used gum to someone else? They certainly made me "give it back" (eww) before doling me out another piece. Etc.

Anna

Reactions: Rangertrix

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Last time I was hospitalized was in an Army hospital, and my teammates snuck me one of those little Nugget mods, lol.
Pretty sure the orderlies knew I was vaping, but after they saw some of teammates they certainly weren't telling, lol.
They didn't say anything about the bar-b-q they brought me, but they did confiscate the beer. :mad::(

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
They didn't say anything about the bar-b-q they brought me, but they did confiscate the beer. :mad::(

I can tell you right now, if I were in the hospital and my friends brought me some BBQ, and then some staff tried to take it from me, all they would pull back is a nub where their arm used to be. You absolutely never want to be between a carnivore and his meat, because then you ARE the meat. :D

• Agree
Reactions: Rangertrix

Scott Bragg

Apr 8, 2018
That is the difference between the UK and the US. More specifically the difference between the government saving money if you don't smoke and are thus healthier, vs the government losing money from tax revenue if you stop smoking.
Us Government makes money when you sick too, nearly any Gov. Entity that has anything to do with the medical or pharmaceutical fields get big kick backs to promote symptom treatment , rather than cures. In Short their is big business in is staying sick, monthly Dr. Visits muliple prescriptions, when one trip (maybe 2) that includes proper diagnosis (if they think they know what it is they will check everything else first).
I have literally seen people kicked out and told to find another doctor because they insist the doctor test for what the most likely have first. Doctor take the attitude well if you know what it is then you don't need me. It's horrible medical care is a joke unless you have really high dollar insurance that will pay whatever w/o questoon, but even then be prepared to get 6 or more visits of the run around ,before they even look into your chief complaint.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread