Safe vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxmuitomais

Oct 15, 2013
brasil
Hello Im a non smoker, but i was searching and googling about ecigs and vaping stuff, i saw many webpages and many topics in many forums like that one.
Every time i see someone saying that no one knows the harms that the substances founded in the eliquid can do because the studies until now cant tell that.
Here go my question that i didn't found answer until now:
vaping 0 nicotine without inhale, only putting in the mouth and then puttting away can do any harm? Only to try the different flavours?
Cause i think the problem is the nicotine or to inhale that substances, are not?
But only use 0 nicotine and not inhale cant be harmful or can?
Thanks in advance

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Sure it would be impossible to say for sure if long term studies have not been done, but the chances of doing any harm vaping with zero nic and not inhaling are exremely small. I will say, you will not taste very much with vapor just in your mouth though, taste is mostly smell and I find for me personally I don't get much flavor unless I inhale/exhale at least partially through my nose.

Roxmuitomais

Oct 15, 2013
brasil
But if i just inhale in the mouth and exhale on my nose that will not be so harmful right? I saw some studies that says that the problem is when the substances goes the lungs right? Im not saying about nic, cause i know that can be absorbed by the mouth or skin. But the vapor pg and vg plus flavour.
They say that we eat this substances commonly but not breath that... A little right here?

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Yes, you are correct, vg and pg are commonly used in things we ingest and put on our bodies, but has not been studied for inhaling. The flavors also have not been studied for inhaling, it's a risk, yes, but one I think is very small and am willing to take. Ultimately,It's something you must decide for yourself.

As far as exhaling through the nose without inhaling to the lungs, sure if you can do it. I find that i'm not so coordinated.:D

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Vaping is usually considered tobbacco harm reduction, the majority of people vaping started as an aide to quit smoking or to replace the known health dangers of smoking with something they determined to be less harmful.

No one can give you a definitive answer other than to say it is less harmful that inhaling burning tobbacco.
Inhale, don't inhale, 0 nic or any of a thousand other what if's, the answer is the same.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Vape particles are too large to be absorbed via the lungs. Most absorption takes place in the mouth and nasal areas. As for PG it's anti bacterial- when it was cost efficient they used to sterilize hospitals by sending a fine mist of PG through the ventilation system. PG is used today in some lung operations. As for an absolute guarantee of safety it can't be done at this time.
Nicotine- there's pros and cons. Problem is the stigma of nicotine being associated with smoking cigarettes.
My GP and Surgeon both view nicotine as being no more harmful than caffeine and are ecstatically happy that I've quit smoking.

Dan Bean

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2011
UK
ecigfind.com
Hey Rox, as a vaper of eliquids from many different origins, I haven't noticed any really bad effects myself, though I know that here in UK some people are now worried about unknown and possibly unsafe particles in eliquids from factories in countries where maybe safety regs aren't so tight. I usually suggest others to play it safe by reducing the dangers of weird chemical ingredients by buying from sellers that make their stuff on site in clean environments. Mixing your own eliquids can also make vaping safer, as you can avoid unneccesary flavourings and stick to just a nicotine liquid base and a dilutant, though you likewise need to find out where these come from before you buy. More info on safe vaping here should you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread