Safest and trusted website to buy mech mod from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Although I've yet to come across the perfectly designed mech, things to look out for from a safety perspective would be a recessed fire button, or at the least a locking fire button; if a side fire button it should be recessed. Non-metal sleeve for the batteries is a nice feature.

I would hope all have battery vents, but battery vents is a big must have or it really might become a pipe bomb.

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
...everything a mech can do regulated can do better

I'm yet to find a regulated device that offers me the comfort in my hand (and jacket pocket) of a mech mod. Never had electronics fail? Lucky you I guess. The main reason I've heard for people going back to cigarettes (if they succeeded in becoming cig-free) is that their device just stopped working one day and they couldn't invest another device straight away. My first device, regulated, suddenly failed after about 6 months - it turns on and everything still, it just refuses to fire. My next device, returned immediately, kept autofiring (IJOY Zenith I think it was called). My rarely used Dovpo MVV (semi regulated) hasn't had any issues with the electronics, it just doesn't feel great in my hands. The Innokin Proton wont fit in my jacket pocket.

I prefer mechs without venting holes, I also prefer putting my batteries in positive end facing the button. Sure, if my batteries vent then I'm outta luck, but so long as I always use a safe resistance that wont be an issue. If it has venting holes I constantly worry that I'm going to accidentally leak e juice in there. Sure, if my battery wraps are torn then positive end facing the atomiser is safer but I feel like denting the positive pole and shorting on the 510 connection is more likely to happen than not noticing a scratch/tear on one of my battery's wraps.

Saying ego batteries for hand feel can have only been facetious - they can't even sub-ohm...

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I'm yet to find a regulated device that offers me the comfort in my hand (and jacket pocket) of a mech mod. Never had electronics fail? Lucky you I guess. The main reason I've heard for people going back to cigarettes (if they succeeded in becoming cig-free) is that their device just stopped working one day and they couldn't invest another device straight away. My first device, regulated, suddenly failed after about 6 months - it turns on and everything still, it just refuses to fire. My next device, returned immediately, kept autofiring (IJOY Zenith I think it was called). My rarely used Dovpo MVV (semi regulated) hasn't had any issues with the electronics, it just doesn't feel great in my hands. The Innokin Proton wont fit in my jacket pocket.

I prefer mechs without venting holes, I also prefer putting my batteries in positive end facing the button. Sure, if my batteries vent then I'm outta luck, but so long as I always use a safe resistance that wont be an issue. If it has venting holes I constantly worry that I'm going to accidentally leak e juice in there. Sure, if my battery wraps are torn then positive end facing the atomiser is safer but I feel like denting the positive pole and shorting on the 510 connection is more likely to happen than not noticing a scratch/tear on one of my battery's wraps.

Saying ego batteries for hand feel can have only been facetious - they can't even sub-ohm...

I really can't figure out why I've been lucky. I had to drop my Cuboid a bunch of times before it wouldn't do TC. I've dropped many others, although not as much, the Cuboid was a daily vaper for years. I've had plenty of liquids leaked inside of every mod, over every button. Only the Cuboid and RN4072 auto-batts back to 2009 don't work as like new. I have had to take some apart to clean/dry.
I think you all are doing something wrong.:lol:

You could plug the vent holes with something like wax. It can be water tight and still be a place for pressure to vent. I know some will say no you can't cover holes, but I know guns and they rely on pressure from an explosive force going the way of least resistance.
I'm amazed you can find mechs without vent holes, that's a pretty standard safety thing. The lack turns flame and gas into boom.

I checked, IVP Mini II is about 5mm length and width less than Proton, but a bit taller. Where did you put cigarette packs? Proton should fit anywhere a pack fits. That's what works for me with boxes. Before with stick mods I'd sew up the center of cigarette pockets to hold 2 mods without banging together. Even my VTR (old Itaste box, weighs about 20lbs) fits in cigarette pockets. I even fit boxes in my screwdriver pockets on my bibs. Everyone should wear bib overalls.

Ego batteries was about size. After 18650's I'm not seeing the size difference. My mech is bigger diameter than my 18650 regulated sticks. They may not be able to sub-Ω but that's more an issue with their time in history.

So other than portability in your tiny pockets;) what about how the Proton performs in either VW or Bypass compared to a mech?
That's my first thing, figuring out portability comes after, except drippers, I never could figure out how to go from here to there without spilling a dripper all over. TC & squonking fixed everything but that.
I never could get mech vaping to be something I wanted to take with me.

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
I really can't figure out why I've been lucky. I had to drop my Cuboid a bunch of times before it wouldn't do TC. I've dropped many others, although not as much, the Cuboid was a daily vaper for years. I've had plenty of liquids leaked inside of every mod, over every button. Only the Cuboid and RN4072 auto-batts back to 2009 don't work as like new. I have had to take some apart to clean/dry.
I think you all are doing something wrong.:lol:

You could plug the vent holes with something like wax. It can be water tight and still be a place for pressure to vent. I know some will say no you can't cover holes, but I know guns and they rely on pressure from an explosive force going the way of least resistance.
I'm amazed you can find mechs without vent holes, that's a pretty standard safety thing. The lack turns flame and gas into boom.

I checked, IVP Mini II is about 5mm length and width less than Proton, but a bit taller. Where did you put cigarette packs? Proton should fit anywhere a pack fits. That's what works for me with boxes. Before with stick mods I'd sew up the center of cigarette pockets to hold 2 mods without banging together. Even my VTR (old Itaste box, weighs about 20lbs) fits in cigarette pockets. I even fit boxes in my screwdriver pockets on my bibs. Everyone should wear bib overalls.

Ego batteries was about size. After 18650's I'm not seeing the size difference. My mech is bigger diameter than my 18650 regulated sticks. They may not be able to sub-Ω but that's more an issue with their time in history.

So other than portability in your tiny pockets;) what about how the Proton performs in either VW or Bypass compared to a mech?
That's my first thing, figuring out portability comes after, except drippers, I never could figure out how to go from here to there without spilling a dripper all over. TC & squonking fixed everything but that.
I never could get mech vaping to be something I wanted to take with me.

I've never dropped a mod nor a mobile. I stupidly let my godson take my phone off me when we were taking photos of each other pulling faces (he's such a little poser) and he dropped it on the floor immediately, cracking the screen, now I don't share anything with anyone. I don't understand how it happens to some people so regularly - even if I'm plastered things just stay in my hands. My Smok alien just suddenly stopped behaving one day :/

My MS Hit mechs don't have venting holes and my Tsunami mech mod (worst thing I've ever purchased, and I used to spend £20-50 a day on illegal substances) doesn't have venting holes in the resin casing despite being advertised as having them. I don't use the latter one ever, although I have considered tying the posts of the rda together with loads of wire and flipping round one of the magnets. Then, if I'm with a lady I need to impress and we happen to get mugged/threatened by terrorists/chavs etc I can just pop a battery in there, twist it together, throw it in their pocket and say something badass, get away scott-free and make sweet-post-danger-love to the imaginary damsel.

I used to smoke roll ups, sans filters, so a basically flat pouch of tobacco and rizla could fit in any pocket.

With the proton...well, I guess the only issue with performance is an idiosyncratic problem I have with any VV/VW device. I find myself constantly tweaking the settings trying to find perfection and never being able to settle down and enjoy it - metaphorically chasing the dragon as always - whereas with a mech I build so that the first few hits aren't fully heated and then if one hit gets too hot I just wait an extra second before having another. Somehow just having buttons there to control wattage makes me forget about residual heat on my coils and try tweak them via buttons which just doesn't get me where I want.

With regards to spillages on rda's I've found that I use much, much shorter legs on the wick than any youtube vape reviewers, rendering the juice well obsolete. This way I just put a couple of drops on after every 3-5 hits and when I'm done the cotton is dry enough not to spill. Especially as I generally use bottom airflow, spillages do still occur frequently. The one exception is the azeroth rda. Not my favourite by any means but I squirt 0.8ml in there whenever I use it and somehow never have issues.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread