• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Saints, My Mother needs your Prayers.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Saints, please pray for my Mother. (Mae Sullivan), She's got a blood infection and running a fever. The Family is really concerned for her again. Thank you all and know that I too will pray for everyone in return. Christ's blessings. This is how it always starts. :(

I have already prayed and will continue to do so. It is a privilege, Cuz. :closedeyes:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Cuz, any word? :wub:

She says she's feeling pretty much the same (which is never very good, but some days are better than others) and that she has 3 days left on this round of Antibiotics. She's still not urinating very much and she's constipated. Keep holding her up in Prayer, she's hanging in there.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I am moved to tears. My Prayers are with all of you in return.

Cuz, that's what we do here. Even though we are online, I feel like I'm standing next to you, with my arms around you. Let the tears go. You are our Sister in Christ and we are standing with you. Almighty God will wipe away all your tears. Anything we can do, we will do. :wub:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
She says she's feeling pretty much the same (which is never very good, but some days are better than others) and that she has 3 days left on this round of Antibiotics. She's still not urinating very much and she's constipated. Keep holding her up in Prayer, she's hanging in there.

Cuz, they can run fluids through her for a higher urine output.....or they can do that and cath her to keep up with the output. The other, they can handle that as well. Is she on vancomycin IV? That antibiotic is extremely, highly potent with a piggyback of gentamycin. I prayed for her today, Cuz. Many prayers are going up for her. :wub:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I will pray for her. In my field of work, I know many answers about life/death are beyond reach sometimes. Which as a scientist/healthcare professional I know that it is beyond our reach sometimes no matter what we may expect.

God bless, and our prayers go with.

Welcome to our small area on ECF. :) We welcome new faces from all over the world! Please read Sticky Note, which is the 4th one down from the top. That lets you know who we are and the regulations we all adhere to. Then feel free to post! It's that easy! I look forward to reading your posts.

What kind of healthcare professional and what scientific study do you do? You have peaked my interest. Before I became disabled, I was a medical claims collector for 22 franchises. I was working at the corporate office for I.V. in home care, including compounding different drugs or TPN therapy. Highly interesting! I have always been interested in the medical field. Jesus is the Great Physician and uses doctors, nurses, prayer, miracles, and He will never leave His kids. :closedeyes:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Cuz, they can run fluids through her for a higher urine output.....or they can do that and cath her to keep up with the output. The other, they can handle that as well. Is she on vancomycin IV? That antibiotic is extremely, highly potent with a piggyback of gentamycin. I prayed for her today, Cuz. Many prayers are going up for her. :wub:

Well, my fears are that her Kidneys are shutting down due to the infection in her system. She was bordering on Septicemia when I first posted this......She's not in a Hospital, she's at Home, so no, no IV's or anything like that. She is on some form of Oral antibiotics, but I'll have to ask her what kind. She's on everything really.

She won't go to the Hospital now unless she has no other choice.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Well, my fears are that her Kidneys are shutting down due to the infection in her system. She was bordering on Septicemia when I first posted this......She's not in a Hospital, she's at Home, so no, no IV's or anything like that. She is on some form of Oral antibiotics, but I'll have to ask her what kind. She's on everything really.

She won't go to the Hospital now unless she has no other choice.

Medicare will not pay for home IV antibiotic therapy. Now they will pay for it in the hospital, under Part A, which cost mega thousands, but not under Part B at home whether they save money or not. What's wrong with this picture!!!! Doesn't make any RESPONSIBLE sense, but that is the way Medicare does business.

I'm going to say something that may sound very controversial, but I'm talking from experience. I believe that everyone has the right to live like they want to, as long as it's legal! My mom smoked for well over 65 years and it was her choice. Now when she was in the hospital she couldn't smoke, but within 3 months, she'd be back at it again. I kept telling her that it was her choice. My sister would be on her about it, which made no sense, because the more fuss you make, the more someone wants to do the opposite. Look at teenagers. :laugh: Until she was ready to quit, she was going to continue to smoke. She would try to get me interested in quitting with her. That bothered me after she died but I realized she was going to do what she was going to do, whether I quit or not.

She was diagoised with lung cancer soon after Daddy died, and lived 2 years afterwards. Lung cancer goes to either the bones or the brain. In her case, it was her brain and she turned into someone I didn't know before the end. She continued to smoke after she was diagnoised because she said, "why close the barn door after the horse ran out." My bottom line goes back to my 2nd sentence. If I want to eat eggs and bacon every morning for the rest of my life, I will do so. If I am ever in New York City and I want to use salt on something in a restaurant, I will take a small salt shaker out of my purse and use it. If the salt police want to arrest me, I'll go to jail with my salt shaker. You might need a Power of Attorney in the event she can't make her own choices. I knew my mom wanted to stay in her own apartment around all of her things that she loved (including her cat) and I found 24/7 sitters. She was on hospice and they came out to her. I also made them earn their money, too. (hospice) But, if it had not been for her, I would have never given up cigarettes. As MM keeps telling me, God always takes a bad situation and turns it into good. It took me awhile to see it, but He showed me. :wub: Will continue to pray, Cuz! :wub:

rc3po

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2014
Texas
Saints, please pray for my Mother. (Mae Sullivan), She's got a blood infection and running a fever. The Family is really concerned for her again. Thank you all and know that I too will pray for everyone in return. Christ's blessings. This is how it always starts. :(

I just prayed for her. Sorry I didn't see the thread earlier.:facepalm:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Cuz, got an update on your mom? Still praying! :wub:

I'm so sorry Cuz! OTHER Family Members are going thru some personal Crises and I completely forgot to respond to you!!!!

Mom is doing OK (but she turns on a dime when she turns)... she's at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread