Salt Nic Eliquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada
My local vape shop has these eliquid made with salt nic. They are really high mg, like 40mg. I wanna try it and was thinking of getting a pod type system, but could not find one I like, so maybe I will get a MTL RTA like the kayfun Prime. Do you guys think it will be too much and I'm gonna over nic/won't be able to handle it?

Also I hear it does not have much throat hit, I am big into throat hit and cannot vape without it. Would 40mg have throat hit like 6mg regular nic?

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can vape that high MTL but it depends on the efficiency of your atomizer. Cigalikes have very weak delivery systems and they tend to be the ones using nic salts that high. You certainly could try it in the prime, I would be on the lookout for nicotine overload if you try it.

Unless there is something added to the liquid to mimic a throat hit, I very much doubt you would get one with nic salt juices. I DIY nic salts at 18% with no throat hit whatsoever. What might work for you would be combining nic salt juice with regular nicotine in a similar flavor profile, and splitting it 50/50 so it's half nic salts without too much harshness. I would still be wary of nicotine overload as nic salt juices are reportedly more quickly bioavailable so it might be easy to over vape without realizing it, so I'd be wary of that more than anything else.

As others have said, an inexpensive pod system might be the best way to try them out. If it's an open pod system, then you could easily still use a "combination" method to get you to a higher nic level while still achieving some sort of throat hit.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, it won't be as harsh as regular nicotine, but if you are looking for a quick boost to your nicotine as you sort of seem to be saying, try 50/50 with compatible flavors, or however much regular nicotine as you like/tolerate now in your regular juices and replacing the rest with nic salts. You could even purchase some wholesale nic salt nicotine if you are unsure about trying it. If you get a sample of 100 mg/ml (many vendors will send out samples for the cost of shipping) you could just add enough nic salts to your regular juice, most likely not impacting flavor that much. Most wholesalers will send you a sample if you ask for one.

But no, it won't be like regular nicotine, but if you use ALL salt, I really wouldn't think you would get much of a throat hit. If you are just experimenting, honestly, probably the cheapest route to go would be a sample of wholesale nicotine salts. I would just say buy the juice, but honestly, in my opinion you are not going to enjoy the complete lack of a throat hit, which you say you need.

Anna

Reactions: Scy123

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada
Got the Aspire Breeze to test out. 40mg nic salt eliquid is pretty legit. 2 small drags and i'm buzzed. Throat hit is their too. Not really something to vape all the time, but when you need a quick nic fix this is definitely the one.

Next step Kayfun prime. Hope I don't over do it haha

Got the Aspire Breeze to test out. 40mg nic salt eliquid is pretty legit. 2 small drags and i'm buzzed. Throat hit is their too. Not really something to vape all the time, but when you need a quick nic fix this is definitely the one.

Next step Kayfun prime. Hope I don't over do it haha
I just got the Aspire Breeze myself, and using 35 mg nic salts it’s hitting all the right buttons, but yes you can’t hit that all day. Why does the Breeze accept Nic Salts?

Reactions: stols001

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada
Why does the Breeze accept Nic Salts?

Anything will work with nic salts, I just got an aspire breeze cause it was more mtl style. Glad I did not get the Kayfun Prime cause now I wanna go bigger lol.

Gonna load up one of my regular tanks tomorrow and give it a go lol

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
My local vape shop has these eliquid made with salt nic. They are really high mg, like 40mg. I wanna try it and was thinking of getting a pod type system, but could not find one I like, so maybe I will get a MTL RTA like the Kayfun Prime. Do you guys think it will be too much and I'm gonna over nic/won't be able to handle it?

Also I hear it does not have much throat hit, I am big into throat hit and cannot vape without it. Would 40mg have throat hit like 6mg regular nic?

You body is used to 6mg of nicotine per ml of ejuice you vape and likely you vape approximately the same amount of ejuice everyday.

As I don't know what quantity of ejuice you use I will use the example of 10ml per day.

Therefore, just to give you an idea, 10ml of ejuice at 6mg/ml = 60 mg of nicotine per day.

You will vape less using a mtl device, but amounts of nicotine more than your body is used to will make you start feeling nauseous and sweaty etc - the beginning signs of nicotine overdose.

Meaning, as a general rule, if you switched to 40mg/ml of nicotine, you would not want to vape more than 1-1/2 ml of ejuice in any given day provided you are now vaping 10ml per day.

The above figure is just an example... but very very few mtl vapors vape that small of an amount. That was the amount I was vaping when I was using a ce4 clearo when I first started vaping, something like the Kayfun and you'll likely be vaping closer to three ml per day which could give you nicotine overdose at those high amounts.

Therefore if I were you I would sit down and do some math before you decide your going to try vaping 40mg nicotine ejuice... you will likely need a lower amount, something closer to 18mg.

Last edited:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
You can vape that high MTL but it depends on the efficiency of your atomizer. Cigalikes have very weak delivery systems and they tend to be the ones using nic salts that high. You certainly could try it in the prime, I would be on the lookout for nicotine overload if you try it.

Unless there is something added to the liquid to mimic a throat hit, I very much doubt you would get one with nic salt juices. I DIY nic salts at 18% with no throat hit whatsoever. What might work for you would be combining nic salt juice with regular nicotine in a similar flavor profile, and splitting it 50/50 so it's half nic salts without too much harshness. I would still be wary of nicotine overload as nic salt juices are reportedly more quickly bioavailable so it might be easy to over vape without realizing it, so I'd be wary of that more than anything else.

As others have said, an inexpensive pod system might be the best way to try them out. If it's an open pod system, then you could easily still use a "combination" method to get you to a higher nic level while still achieving some sort of throat hit.

Anna
Hey Anna so you're here too. I am thinking also of using the Prime already have a couple. Figure I could put the smaller tank (original) back on and build it with Kanthal instead of SS since I wouldn't be attempting TC. I figured build it about 1.5ohms. I am not sure why it wouldn't work, was thinking of trying the 45mg Mr. Salty. Could keep the juice flow as low as possible and only have to take an occasional puff. Better for my screwed up lungs. I have a bunch of atty's that should work 2 Sirens, 2 Primes, 2 Kabukis, Nautilus mini and regular. I would have to break the habit of taking a vape every 5 min tho. I have 4 Picos' that I got when Vapocolypse was a real worry. Would make for a compact little system. I actually have my vape juices flowing again, haven't really been lookiing at new vape gear or other things til now. Something new on the market. Is it gunkier then regular ejuice, I hate building anymore, course with Kanthal I can dry burn.

Something new like this is really cool. I have had to cut my vaping way down cause of my lungs and this couldn't have come at a better time for me. I'm having a heck of a time getting my nic fix when I cut down. Using a higher nic just doesn't work with regular nic, but it would with this stuff sounds like to me.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread