Salty watermelon

Status
Not open for further replies.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
So it is still summer and watermelon is inexpensive but not always as sweet as it could be. So I cube it up. Put it in a bowl and sprinkle a little salt on it. When finished a sweet and salty juice remains in the bottom. The best part of the trip. A deliciously unique flavor I believe would translate well in to an ejuice. So how would I develope the salty aspect of this flavor? I have seen popcorn flavor ejuice. Never tried it though. Must be salty. But how? Doubt it is actual salt. Any sugestions or coments appreciated. May the force be with you. Thanks.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I use a sterile saline solution to add a light suggestion of salt to e-liquids. It is only 0.09% sodium chloride; so you are never going to get a salt-lick result. However; it does manage to accomplish giving that "lightly salted" experience.

What I use is something called wound wash (yeah; sounds gross). But, it contains only sterile water, and sodium chloride... period. No preservatives, or any other stuff that may, or may not be something one would want to vape. You can find a variation of it at nearly any local pharmacy (so no added shipping costs), and a 6 oz. can will last a lifetime.It comes (most often) in a pressurized can, but the output is a gentle stream that is easy to direct into a more user-friendly dispensing bottle.

I use it at 1.5% (or less).

This is an example of the one I bought from Walgreen's: NeilMed NeilCleanse Wound Wash. The brand is unimportant, And, since my purchase, I have seen several others, including a couple of house label versions.

Note: When I first started looking at pharmacy options, I considered saline nasal sprays, and even saline contact solution as other viable options. A quick read of their ingredient lists, and I realized they all seemed to contain "other stuff," such as preservatives, stabilizers, anti-bacterials, and the like. I settled on the wound wash.

Same for making your own; most table salts are not just pure sodium chloride. They also contain other additives, fillers, and non-caking agents. So, that option was out for me, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread