Same juice, different tank, serious change in throat hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gravitygroove

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
fenton
I am, and may always be something of a novice. I have vaped happily on a protank with replacement coils and a VTR for quite some time now, but figured i would try rebuilding with the Subtank on a whim. I got an IPV mini 30 watt, because i am most certainly not a sub-ohm kinda dude and put boba's bounty in my new tank with one of the stock heads (1.2)

Now i dig boba's and have vaped several tanks through the protank and liked it, it's a bit throatier then what i normally like (i generally mix 80 vg 20 pg) but upon putting it in the Subtank fresh, it nearly killed me. The throat hit portion of the vape was cranked up to 11, even with only one hole opened for air flow.

Anyone have any idea why this juice hits so dramatically different (hence the title) in the subtank from the protank or is this just a normal thing?

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
i normally vape 12mg, and i've been pretty cautious with the new tank and 30watt toy and been hanging out around 18 watts but it still hits like a tank to the throat. Guess i need to whip up maybe an all vg juice with 6ml and try it out.

I didn't notice you were already at 80/20. Maybe let that batch steep awhile and mellow out.

gravitygroove

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
fenton
ok. So i mixed up a 6 mg 80 vg/20 pg and it STILL too throaty. I vape the same juice in an evod or the pro, and it's fine. Lots of vapor and all good. I hit it in the sub, i get less vapor, a much more airy draw (even with just one hole opened) and i just don't get it. What's different between this and a protank other then the cotton and the lower ohm heads that is causing me to vape gravel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread