SAMSUNG 18650 - Label warns not for vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although purchased at Element vape for a high price, the printed label reads as follows:

FIRE HAZARD! NOT FOR vape!
NEVER INSTALL CARRY OR HANDLE!

Possibly due to being 3000mAh?
At close to $20 a piece and being so hard to find, I've been handling, installing and using for vaping... they seem to work very well. Someone please tell me.. am I being stupid?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Although purchased at Element Vape for a high price, the printed label reads as follows:

FIRE HAZARD! NOT FOR VAPE!

At close to $20 a piece and being so hard to find, I've been handling, installing and using for vaping... they seem to work very well. Someone please tell me.. am I being stupid?
Most batteries say something to that effect. Sony for certain. It all started when people were getting themselves in the news by carrying loose batteries in their pockets and shorting them out on coins, or charging cig-a-like shaped batteries with worn out improper charging cables, etc. Battery companies all decided we weren't a market they wanted to cater to - as they'd get sued whenever a device (or a USER) screwed up.
So that's not really a good way to tell if you have a good safe battery.
You should know how to handle batteries, and know their limits.

Also, $20 a pop for an 18650 is pretty steep.
Nothing against Element Vape - I like them. But you may want to check Liion Wholesale, Illumn, The 18650 Battery Store, or IMR Batteries. All places I've bought from. Inventory these days is spotty...

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Although purchased at Element Vape for a high price, the printed label reads as follows:

$20 for a single cell, wow. o_O

Is the Samsung 3000mAh you are referring to the 30Q 15A?

If so, IMR Batteries has them in-stock for $7.99.

Samsung 30Q 18650 3000mAh 15A Battery

They also have Samsung 25R 2500mAh 20A batteries in-stock for $6.99.

Samsung 25R 18650 2500mAh 20A Battery

FWIW, IMR Batteries, Liion Wholesale, Illumn and The 18650 Battery Store are Mooch approved and recommended suppliers.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Gimme a 'C'.
Gimme a 'Y'.
Gimme an 'A'.

Without that warning, if they get sued due to some idiot doing something stupid, they'd be showing up in court dressed in little more than a thong.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
In world where some people thinking labels would keep teenagers from eating Tide Pods, nothing surprises me. :blink:

Clearly, SOME humans were never actually teenagers themselves. Tide would have been better off telling the braniacs TO eat the pods. :rolleyes:

Don't try this at home.

I'd rather have one in a vape than to sit on 7100 of them in an e-car, but that's just me.:)

I've been slow-eating popcorn in anticipation of whenever it is that THIS becomes a BIG story. It's coming.

:pop:

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
In world where some people thinking labels would keep teenagers from eating Tide Pods, nothing surprises me. :blink:

Clearly, SOME humans were never actually teenagers themselves. Tide would have been better off telling the braniacs TO eat the pods. :rolleyes:

Don't try this at home.

I've been slow-eating popcorn in anticipation of whenever it is that THIS becomes a BIG story. It's coming.

:pop:
If anyone at Tide had half a brain they would have made the pods look like pieces of broccoli.:)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
A ship wih 4000 cars from germany, many e-cars on fire in the Azores and the fire is from the batteries and can't be quenched with water, ship is adrift. just an fyi.:)

The relatively vague coverage of this story is telling (to me). It won't be until human lives are lost that it makes front pages, if it even does then.

I'm glad the crew were all evacuated to safety, obviously. I do wish more media covered it like only a few are though, with specific reference to the batteries and the problems they're causing with wrestling the fire to a controllable point.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
The relatively vague coverage of this story is telling (to me). It won't be until human lives are lost that it makes front pages, if it even does then.

I'm glad the crew were all evacuated to safety, obviously. I do wish more media covered it like only a few are though, with specific reference to the batteries and the problems they're causing with wrestling the fire to a controllable point.
I know about the problem of li-ion batteries on fire, but given the choice between a fire on a ship full of EV’s, and a burning or leaking supertanker, I would guess the EV fire is less harmful to the environment.

• Haha
Reactions: UncLeJunkLe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread