Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Alright thanks I'll check them out when I'm not working. Might just ask the guy at the shop where they get their batteries, since I know him well enough I don't think he'd lie about it

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
If he is not getting them directly from a battery vendor he doesn't know either. Many wholesalers the shops use will tell their customers the batteries are authentic when they are not.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I've bought from imrbatteries.com and illumn.com. Both are great vendors, but I've ordered from imrbatteries the last three times. Order usually ship same or by end of the next business day. Illumn.com seems to take a little longer to process and imrbatteries.com seems to maintain better stock levels.

I'm pretty well stocked up on batteries right now (have 18650's and 20700's I probably won't even touch for a year), but I'll try Liion next time if they have what I need in stock.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IMRbatteries.com gets them to "me" in 2 days. Pretty consistently. I think they may not have that far to travel though. The do sell the green Samsungs for 5 bucks. "

I am not so sure the owner would tell you or even know himself. I mean, the type of shop owner who would say, "Why yes, you are a valued customer and we know each other so I sold you fakes!" would be rare indeed and/or possibly have a split, corrupt personality and a more honest one. That's a fairly rare condition. Or he may "think" they are genuine when they're not. Either way I wouldn't hold my breath. The ONLY way to be sure is to buy directly from a reputable supplier, and I can't see why you would go BACK to someone who sold you a battery that might be oozing out of its protective casing in less than three months, that sounds a little insane to me. Even IF e-liquid got on your battery, unless you abused it quite badly it shouldn't do that.

I would be patient and order from a reputable supplier. If you have another internal battery mod or one where the batteries aren't so degraded, then use them until you can (as fast as possible) get authentic batteries that YOU KNOW are authentic.

In fact, if you have a good relationship with that store owner, I'm not sure I'd ruin it by asking about the batteries, because they aren't PERFORMING LIKE authentics even if the store owner says they are. If they don't perform like it, that usually means that they AREN'T. I've leaked on my batteries before and have never gotten anything other than the need to wipe it down, let it dry, and then inspect or decide to rewrap or not.

I really doubt this is you, unless you have some "thing" you are doing with batteries that you haven't mentioned yet. I really think it's the batteries. Very, very much I think that. Etc.

But best of luck with whatever you decide.

Anna

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Oh and the juice I've been using, if u really were asking, is (favorite) pre steeped Hannibal nectar from vapewild, and sometimes a mix of Maui sunrise by naked and something called primal which to me tastes like pink lemonade. I've got $100+ of supplies awaiting order fulfillment from wizardlabs though, and will be getting into DIY juice if it ever ships :)

I love that Hannibal Nectar. I’ve made a close clone to it. I’ll send you my recipe if you’re interested.

I’m sure others have said this but please buy your batteries from a preferred battery vendor where you are pretty much guaranteed they aren’t fakes or rewraps.

There is a list of vendors but I use either illuminate.com or liion whole sale.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I love that Hannibal Nectar. I’ve made a close clone to it. I’ll send you my recipe if you’re interested.

I’m sure others have said this but please buy your batteries from a preferred battery vendor where you are pretty much guaranteed they aren’t fakes or rewraps.

Sorry it’s not Illuminate (auto correct strikes again!) it’s Illumn.com

Reactions: stols001

assaultshaker

Jan 12, 2018

That would be sweet. I ordered honeysuckle peach and pomegranate for the recipe I saw...

Barkuti

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2016
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
… The ONLY way to be sure is to buy directly from a reputable supplier, and I can't see why you would go BACK to someone who sold you a battery that might be oozing out of its protective casing in less than three months, that sounds a little insane to me. Even IF e-liquid got on your battery, unless you abused it quite badly it shouldn't do that.

In fact, if you have a good relationship with that store owner, I'm not sure I'd ruin it by asking about the batteries, because they aren't PERFORMING LIKE authentics even if the store owner says they are. …

I really doubt this is you, unless you have some "thing" you are doing with batteries that you haven't mentioned yet. …
Sounds a tad extreme, Anna. :)
His vapeshop friend may be honest and reputable, too. I believe assaultshaker somehow spilled some water over the top of the cell, which can remain there inadvertently as it is sort of a cavity and end up causing those corrosion specks. Of course these are all presumptions, like yours. I'm biased too, as I've seen insane levels of performance harmless rust covering (because of the effects of the aforementioned soldering flux).
I wouldn't mind having a conversation with the store owner if I were to find such a thing appropiate. If you're intentions are good and you're nice and respectful there's really nothing to worry, because in such a case if the owner gets disturbed and/or ...... with you this is an indication that ending up such a relationship is for your own good. :thumb:

Cheers everyone :p
P.S.: properly focused pictures are of great help in discerning details, assaultshaker. I sometimes take great deals of effort to obtain proper pictures, and it pays off.

assaultshaker

Jan 12, 2018
Sounds a tad extreme, Anna. :)
His vapeshop friend may be honest and reputable, too. I believe assaultshaker somehow spilled some water over the top of the cell, which can remain there inadvertently as it is sort of a cavity and end up causing those corrosion specks. Of course these are all presumptions, like yours. I'm biased too, as I've seen insane levels of performance harmless rust covering (because of the effects of the aforementioned soldering flux).
I wouldn't mind having a conversation with the store owner if I were to find such a thing appropiate. If you're intentions are good and you're nice and respectful there's really nothing to worry, because in such a case if the owner gets disturbed and/or ...... with you this is an indication that ending up such a relationship is for your own good. :thumb:

Cheers everyone [emoji14]
P.S.: properly focused pictures are of great help in discerning details, assaultshaker. I sometimes take great deals of effort to obtain proper pictures, and it pays off.
Thanks I agree with everything you said.
And my phone camera sucks I spent a lot of time trying to get it to focus at all. I don't have any other cameras except a GoPro and I didn't think the fisheye would help much!

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Thanks I agree with everything you said.
    And my phone camera sucks I spent a lot of time trying to get it to focus at all. I don't have any other cameras except a GoPro and I didn't think the fisheye would help much!

Best thing to try is to back up until the camera can focus well. A sharp image from further back is much better, since we can zoom in ourselves, than a blurry image up close. :)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Have you got a magnifying glass somewhere? Placed appropriately between the phone camera and the subject, it makes a poor man's macro lens.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread