Status
Not open for further replies.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
SF flavor ban passed yesterday. tobacco stores are already ready to roll with bottles of unflavored nicotine base and a separate small flavor bottle to pour into it. One vape store show me the package a few weeks ago as they knew it would pass and are ready to work around it for vaping.

San Francisco Voters Just Approved a Ban on Flavored Tobacco
San Francisco voters on Tuesday passed a proposition that will ban the sale of flavored tobacco products including menthol cigarettes and certain vaping liquids, following a heated debate over the proposal.

A flavored tobacco ban in San Francisco was originally approved by city supervisors, but a referendum eventually gathered enough signatures to leave the issue up to voters. When it appeared on the ballot Tuesday, almost 70% of San Francisco voters ended up backing the proposition

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
This is insane, now the government is telling adults what they can taste. This makes me sick, how in the hell did 70% vote for this? I’m sure BT infused plenty of cash for advertising and to line pockets but 70% saw commercials saying this was the right thing to do and bought it! The candy and sweet flavors are used to lure children into vaping. You know because once you turn 18 humans no longer like things that taste good. This is embarrassing. Not just for Americans but for humans as a whole.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
This makes me sick, how in the hell did 70% vote for this?

Because 70% of the people have no empathy for vaping. They've never vaped, don't smoke, and don't have any time to understand. At best they give the issue the 'gut check' - it's for smokers, it involves candy flavours, people are worried about kids... hmmm... can't be a good thing. It's the kind of serious conviction based on sound bites and peer norming that is all too prevalent.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Because 70% of the people have no empathy for vaping. They've never vaped, don't smoke, and don't have any time to understand. At best they give the issue the 'gut check' - it's for smokers, it involves candy flavours, people are worried about kids... hmmm... can't be a good thing. It's the kind of serious conviction based on sound bites and peer norming that is all too prevalent.
Agreed, but it's a sad testament to just how illiberal those folks have become.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Agreed, but it's a sad testament to just how illiberal those folks have become.

Yep. Somewhere along the way 'progressive' became 'prescriptive', and this in a city that birthed many aspects of 60's counterculture values. The Grateful Dead might just be that.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
@Rossum - Are we talking about illiberal liberals here...
They probably think they’re saving the children. All they’re really saving is the tobacco companies who likely started the whole thing in the first place

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
They probably think they’re saving the children. All they’re really saving is the tobacco companies who likely started the whole thing in the first place
The tobacco companies threw over $12 million into a "No on Prop E" campaign.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Vape_Dominoes.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Yea that’s what I don’t get. If I don’t seriously believe a law is needed I’m voting no. We have too many laws. So generally I would just vote no on anything. You have to convince me the law is absolutely essential. All laws need to be rolled back to 1776 and all politicians fired. That’s right, I think it should be illegal to walk a goat down a street on Sunday and if I need to defend my honor, a duel will be perfectly legal.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Duels being outlawed was the beginning of the end.
Yea that’s what I don’t get. If I don’t seriously believe a law is needed I’m voting no. We have too many laws. So generally I would just vote no on anything. You have to convince me the law is absolutely essential. All laws need to be rolled back to 1776 and all politicians fired. That’s right, I think it should be illegal to walk a goat down a street on Sunday and if I need to defend my honor, a duel will be perfectly legal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread