Not open for further replies.

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
Daniel, Chris,

The Sapphire is a great design and has super potential as a game changer in vaping.

Suggestions for improvements: (Most or all have already been suggested in other threads; just gathering them here to nudge, nudge.)

1. Improved wick design and/or material. There are a lot of mentions of burning taste from gunking wicks. I'll add to that list; my first two Buds are gunking with the resultant burning taste. Maybe it varies by liquids, maybe it varies by toking technique. Whatever, I'll bet it can be improved.

2. You've already mentioned that a 3.0 ohm version is on the way (real soon now) for HV PVs. How about a little lower res version for warmer vape and more vapor.

3. A colored tank cork would make it easier to find when removed. Same-o with the bottle dripper tip thingy.

4. A larger tank has been suggested. (eh, I'm not that interested. I think the current tank size is adequate.)

5. An alternate tip shape has been suggested. (eh, I'm not that interested. I think the current tip is nice. Maybe a little larger tip hole at the end for a little easier draw (?).)

6. Maybe multiple models for airier and stiffer draws. (OK, laugh that one off.)

I'm also looking forward to the kr8 version which is on the way (real soon now).

Everyone: Please add suggestions. GotVapes seems to be super responsive! Good suggestions seem to be implemented. Stupid suggestions are laughed off with proper professional respect. I'm impressed.

Last edited:

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
ok here is one idea. bad said to cut new grooves in your pv but i know some wont want to do this SO instead i cut a grove in the sapphire in the exact same place where the side air hole is. when i screw it on the batt and look at the connection there are the 4 holes on the battery side and there is now one hole on the sapphire side. on one of my batts they line up almost perfectly.
i hope that makes sense. i can add a pic later if anybody need it lol

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
allrighty then just a tiny bit fuzzy but i think you can get it lol

100_0781.jpg 100_0782.jpg 100_0783.jpg

Last edited:

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
Wow, this got off track really fast!
These things have great potential for mods, but even more potential as the simple, easy, refillable, clean, unmodded beginners carto. Let's see ideas for improvement in the factory product. (Although that slot on the base is the simple solution for an airier model.)

(Edit: Uh, beginners and those folks that are more interested in vaping than modding.)

Last edited:

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
No derailment. Not my thread. No possessiveness here.

And that's a perfect method for implementing the improvement request. I've seen some people describe the Bud as airy and some say its draw is tight. I thought maybe alternatives might be a way to satisfy.

Last edited:

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
well i didnt really have a draw problem before. it was just a 'little' tighter when it was screwed all the on the batt and it was gettin hot. somebody said that ment it wasnt getting enough air so i did this. it did not really change the draw but it is now consistent regardless of how far it is screwed in. it also is a little cooler but still heats up good when i get on it a lot.

TimeOut

Jul 23, 2011
San Diego
Well considering I can't keep cutting up CE2's for wick, how about selling a good quality replacement wick? Stock in some mini-rolls or some such and sell them as an accessory item.

Yes...Please have them fix the wicks and/or have them to sell....I have had all kinds of problems with the wicks (falling out and not being able to put them back in) and I have never had a ce2 or another clearomizer so I do not have extra wick around anywhere.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
if your draw is getting tight, remove mouth peace, unscrew from battery end, blow out from battery end so any condensation comes out the top where the fil tip is, clean it off and then replace mouth peaces and screw back on, should be just fine.

if your vaping heavy for hours you will build condensation in the airflow tube which will eventually stiffen the draw, so then just blow it out, this doesnt seem to happen under normal use but the sapphire works so well everyone seems to be back to backing it

SmokingRT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
YIPEE!!! Home at last
if your draw is getting tight, remove mouth peace, unscrew from battery end, blow out from battery end so any condensation comes out the top where the fil tip is, clean it off and then replace mouth peaces and screw back on, should be just fine.

if your vaping heavy for hours you will build condensation in the airflow tube which will eventually stiffen the draw, so then just blow it out, this doesnt seem to happen under normal use but the sapphire works so well everyone seems to be back to backing it

With this in mind different batts cause different draws on these wonderful vaping devices. On my epower the draw is tight on my 510 auto (some of them ) the draw is much airier....hmmmm not sure if that is a word. anyway once I figured that out if my draw if to tight for me I just loosen the sapphire a little. If it is too airy ....well I am just SOL. Just wanted to share my experience.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
hey cant please everyone, like i said in the other post, i dare anyone to find a better carto non filler and dont bring the ce2 into this becuase the ce2 cant be backed to back without tilting or hitting a dryspot or some minor adjustments, not knocking the ce2 as they are right here with my sapphires and produce a different result since they are topped coiled.

but thank god im not a vapor ..... nor do i need 9volts to vape so the sapphire or any ce2 at 2.6 does me justice.
again my opinion of coarse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread