Saw my first vape litter today

Status
Not open for further replies.

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
So I was at a stop light, first car in line. And in the gutter I saw an ovale elips tank.
I was shocked at first but then realized some people toss worse stuff out the window.
Now I know everyone is not doing this, but if you are dropping your vape trash on the side of the road, please stop.
The world is not your "ash tray".
Thanks

Last edited:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I haven't seen anything in the gutter around here that was vape-related, but I keep a pretty firm grip on my APV. ;)

Consider it a fluke.. Don't see this ever being the norm. We're a bright bunch

I don't think it has anything to do with brains, more with common courtesy.

Did you stop and pick it up?

Lol. Reminds me of when I was in the military. An officer was walking outside the barracks and saw a piece of litter on the ground. He hunted down someone in charge to tell them about it, and was quite taken aback when asked if his hands were broken.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
i found a ce5 once.it had appeared after the spring thaw.
it had been flattened by the compressed snow.to bad.
a friend found a ego with a ce5 on the bike trail.
battery and juice good to go.i showed him how to clean the drip tip.
directed him to a B&M to get a charger and more juice.
other than that nothing.
i would of snatched the tank.
regards
mike

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Blu Ecigs has a FAQ about how to properly dispose of lithium ion batteries.
The "evil" RJ Reynolds has an eco-friendly recycling program for used batteries and empty cartridges, will take back at no charge as well as competitor's products. So does Mistic.
I found one or 2 vendors that will take them back as well, Ecig Shed in RI has set up a disposal.......but not many ecig vendors or B&Ms seem to address this.
180 Smoke in Canada actually will take back stuff and give you credit for new stuff. :):toast:

The guidelines I have read about how to *properly* dispose of lithium batts is very different from "just throw them in the trash". They need to be totally discharged, and if any question, soaked in salt water, etc.

Tossing batteries not fully discharged into Best Buy and office store recycling bins.....if they are not fully discharged may create a safety risk because "live" batteries coming into contact w/each other isn't good.

I hope people in my community don't start throwing their vape refuse into the gutters. That would be the best way to get the municipal powers that be on our backs. :(

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I've seen one cig-alike on the ground and one blu package on the ground. Then I also saw about 50 billion cigarette butts.

So what? Because smokers have been irresponsible, it's okay to be that way as vapers??

I don't understand ethical relativism, so the fact that one thing occurs doesn't mean the another thing should. At least, not for people who want to be "accountable" and/or "step up."

Given the pressures we have on us, why not "step up" and not be like the litterers who throw butts all over the ground???

BTW, the creek where I swim, out in the woods, a group of us have to bring large garbage bags out there to pick up the stuff people leave behind. It's a pristine woods with a creek with spring-fed perfectly clear water with waterfalls.

To be honest, after picking up after them now for going on 11 years, some of us decided that we would start reporting and photographing, along with license plates, people we see leaving after camping or picnicking for the day......because unfortunately, a lot of people don't do the right thing unless they are forced to do it. (that is why there are so many homeless dogs and cats out here.....many don't bother to pay to spaying and neutering pets, but the parking lots of the restaurants are full every night, the same people who spend $50 on a meal out tell me they can't afford the $30 the low cost spay neuter costs!).

cuz on top of having to do the "labor" of picking up after them, the dump charges us for each bag we take there (we don't have municipal garbage pickup this far out of town.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread