Vapin' in the Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazyrue

Nov 23, 2008
Seattle, WA US
First of all, Im am sitting at working vaping away while I write this *bliss*

So I finally got everything I need to quite smoking cigs. This was on Sunday, and I havent had a real one since!!!!

While I was at home Im ok without a cigarette because I usually dont smoke at home anyway. The real test for me was driving for the first time!!
I get cRaZy road rage and I hate driving. :evil:

I cant drive ANYWHERE without a cigarette. This time was even worse because it has been snowing like crazy and people here cant drive at all in the snow. I took my little kit with me (made out of a day planner that had elastic for pens and a net that's perfect for my juice) and had prefilled some carts.

It was SO great!! It was freezing outside and I didnt even have to roll down the window!! When I stopped at a light I was able to refill pretty quickly. People looked at me weird though, at some of the lights when they saw the blue LED and "smoke". The LED was kinda like my own little Christmas light too (sounds silly??)
Anyway . . .No ashes getting in the car. If it got dangerous I could put it down and not worry about burning anything. Its only been 4 days and my car doesnt smell like smoke anymore.

The fact that I was able to drive without needing a cigarette makes me so happy!!! I can finally quit smoking now!!

hehe. I mutter to myself, but don't get road rage. In Australia people don't seem to understand hook turns, zip merging, or how indicators work.. I do sometimes get angry at drivers tailgating motorcyclists, though. (Mind you, when I'm on a motorcycle myself I don't travel at a speed that attracts tailgaters. :) )

i cant believe how bad people tailgate here in minnesota. it almost makes me want to give up my motorcycle... no i could never do that

and dazyrue. thats one of the biggest things that i cant wait for (my njoy is sitting at the post office as i type, it opens at 9am and i'm going to be the first person in line) my non smoking friends hate how my car smells and once i start vaping my smoking friends are going to hate me for not allowing them to smoke anymore. maybe i'll convert them from those dirty analogs

leerm8680

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2008
Washington State
While I was at home Im ok without a cigarette because I usually dont smoke at home anyway. The real test for me was driving for the first time!!
I get cRaZy road rage and I hate driving.

I cant drive ANYWHERE without a cigarette. This time was even worse because it has been snowing like crazy and people here cant drive at all in the snow.

Dazyrue,

I agree with you. Not many Sound-Area drivers are good at driving in the snow (I-5 and 4x4 drivers are a bad combination). It is nice to vape in the car with the windows rolled up, though. I normally take off for work with enough time to spare so once I get there (way ahead of schedule), I can recline the seat back, listen to the radio, and watch the vape slowly snake out patterns.

sherlockian

Dec 4, 2008
I took a road trip from North Carolina to Florida during my university's winter break. I left at about three in the morning to avoid traffic, and it was cold, raining, foggy, and windy.

I love to drive, and I love to smoke while driving, but I must say I have always felt as though I was doing a grave disservice to my car by making it smell bad and scattering fine ashes all over the dashboard.

Well, it was brilliantly enjoyable being able to have the windows up and just the pleasant smell of my e-cig.

I puffed on and off for the entire 11 hour drive, which was very nice.
I was vaping at a gas station in Georgia while filling up the tank, and was approached by another motorist telling me I was going to blow everybody up.

They jumped in the car and sped off before I had a chance to explain, but it was a very pleasantly comedic situation to find oneself in.

Anyway, vaping in the car is awesome :)

2fer

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
N.E. Ohio
Got a USB pass through from PureSmoker & LOVE the consistantly good vapor plus not having to keep doing the battery rotation through the charger thing.

Stopped in my local Radio Shack today and spotted a Gigaware Car Charger for i-Pod...but forget the i-Pod part (unless you have one)...this little goodie also has a USB port on the back!! 5V and 500 mA output - just what we need. Now the USB pass through works at my desk AND in the car.

Best part is that this $39.99 item is on sale through Jan 10th for $12.67. Radio Shack item 12-506

Cheers, 2fer

spike

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2008
London, UK
I first bought the e-cigs precisely for the car since I drive a lot in central London and a lit cigarette was suicidal. I also had stopped smoking for ten months and had the car cleaned so I was unhappy about resuming when I eventually went back to smoking. This is the perfect compromise and yes I do get some odd looks in the traffic jams.

Steph2323

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
Montgomery County Pa
I'm a little confused over the car adapter. I just started vaping on Sat and had my first car trip today. After spoiling myself and constantly dripping over the weekend and having spare batteries in the house, I found myself wanted to drip while driving(didn't do it). I have a car adapter on order,but that is for charging only right? Are there pass through car chargers out there? Thanks for any feedback.
Stephanie

houtex

Jan 21, 2009
Houston, TX
80% of my job constitutes driving all day. quitting smoking is the hardest when I am in the car working. i cannot wait for my DSE901 to arrive and get that thing in my car! I havent had a cigarette in a month b/c my lungs cannot handle the smoke, i get sick. so i have quit (again) smoked for about 4 yaers. quit for 11yrs (!) and then started up a year ago. quit 4 weeks and 1 day ago and am going insane.
very excited about 'smoking' in my car and not having my wife refuse to get in it b/c it smells like an ashtray.

mikeswrx02

Dec 22, 2008
I vape in the car all the time and careless what others reaction as i dont look at anyone apart from when a nice looking bird catching my eye!! :p

Its always in my pocket!...its just a habbit, sometimes i can just hold it for an hour and forgetting to smoke it! .. it just makes me feel comfortable.

I never used to smoke in the house until this ecig arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread