• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Schizoaffective Disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Augmxnted

Aug 28, 2017
For those that dont know schizoaffective disorder means schizophrenia affected by bipolar and thats what i have. well im on 6 different medications (12 pills a day) and one of the side effects is they cause me to have tremors which as you can imagine makes it alittle difficult for me to fill e-liquid into my smok t-priv. i was wondering, does anyone have any suggestions on how to lessen the shaking?

• Winner
Reactions: halbgott

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yep, I'm bipolar and lithium gives me essential tremors, I have a few ideas.... 1) Brace your arm against something while filling, and if you can, use needle-tipped bottles for greater precision-- like, brace the hand holding the mod/tank and the one doing the filling.

Also, with bottom fill tanks that may come apart if not held together for filling, packing tape works to keep everything steady if it's a bottom fill, for example, wrapped around the top of the tank and the glass, to keep them from separating.

If you can, get tanks that are easygoing to fill, and leave you a wide space for filling, and regardless of whether a tank is top-fill or bottom-fill, inspect both sides to see which looks easier for filling.

Keep a rag, a rubber mat under you possibly, to catch any drips or spills, and to wipe up afterwards.

There's no magic solutions for this, so stay calm. I can actually build some RTAs if I work hard at it, and pick the right time of day (my tremors worsen as the day goes by, so I try to fill and do whatever and whatnot earlier in the day if possible).

Don't freak, and maybe consider DIY if you are worried about juice wastage, as a certain amount may be inevitable.

Best of luck, and I hope you get a system going. I've found practice and patience (and creativity) to be my best friends as far as this goes.... :)

Anna

Reactions: smacuser
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread