Status
Not open for further replies.

Serendipity_Stables

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Vancouver, BC
www.facebook.com
I sit on the executive of the city council in which I live. Our meetings are long and I used to sneak out for smoke breaks till I started vaping.

At a meeting tonight, I brought my provari and some sweet smelling juice and I places my provari on my desk at the front of the room.

The rest of the council members asked me about the provari and vaping in general and listened intently while I talked of quitting smoking cigarettes and doing this instead.

I had my answers ready with facts and figures and when I was done, I was given the green light to vape discreetly while having meetings.

Score one for vaping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serendipity_Stables

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Vancouver, BC
www.facebook.com
I know. Isn't that just crazy? The federal side of my government bans ejuice and yet I am allowed to vape at a municipal level??? I am hoping to make a stand next term in my position with vaping when I am not such a newbie. This is my first year as an elected official.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serendipity_Stables

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Vancouver, BC
www.facebook.com
hahaha...I am in Langley. I don't go into Surrey much. Why would I? I consider my vaping in meetings a bit of a coup as I'm involved with the School District here within the City looking after close to fifty schools. Although it's a baby step and I'm only allowed to vape at a municipal level, I think it's a step in the right direction. Baby steps wins the race after all. It's going to be interesting next week at a general meeting when parents are invited and will be attending. My position looks after kids in elementary, middle and high schools and I am respected and put a lot of time and effort into the position which I have. I'm hoping that this will translate into others taking my vaping seriously as a way to give up my smoking habit. The news puts vapers in such a bad light sometimes and a lot of stories surround kids vaping just to be cool and I'm hoping that other 'adults' will also see that some vapers are regular moms and dads who tried other ways to quit smoking and couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread