Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
OK, I have (must?) to report it.
Now I usually vape 50/50 PG/VG with a bit of flavoring.
Lately I tried some substitutions for PG, such as 8% of rum, bourbon and scotch.
In terms of wicking 8% of alcohol drinks work as good as 50/50 VG/PG.
All of my recipes had interesting (and satisfying) taste. The best was scotch, second best - bourbon, rum was good, but still the third one.
In terms of alcohol content - more is better.
For scotch no flavorings was needed. It provided its special taste. Bourbon is also good, but much weaker. Rum... OK, I never really liked rum. But it was not bad nevertheless.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I'd love to try to soak some tobacco in cognac, spice flavored rum or anisette for a few days then do a hot alcohol extract. I'm afraid the sugars will add to the already coil clogging characteristics of extraction. But I can only imagine the flavor it would produce.

Last edited:
Reactions: ceeceeisme

akuser47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
ohio
So I saw this post and literally ran to my scotch rack, I currently have a 20ml batch of 18 yr Lagavulin flavored juice decanting! Will definitely report results!

8% 18 yr Lagavulin
1% 50mg VG nicotine
91% VG
that sounds like it would be tasty
I think that will taste great interesting direction this thread has my mind going.

Reactions: Darth Omerta

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I have no idea how much of the differences in sugars survives the distillation process (and that's after going through fermentation... but that's the only reason I might suspect the predominately molasses based Rum to be a potential coil gunker (or thickeners/colorings/additional sugars etc. added during aging... especially cheaper rums).

Can't see a problem with the regular grain based spirits.

Yea that's my thoughts. It would be a delicate balance to make it right but functional beyond my skills at the moment. Maybe someday they'll make them in flavor concentrations.

What do you mean?
There are a ton of spirits flavored concentrates/juices.

I'm not saying they're "good". :D

As an aside...
There are a hundred various additives (called "essences") for spiking neutral spirits/vodka to "clone" whatever brand of liquor or liqueur. I'd have to see what they're made of to consider adding one to a juice though. Heh... new project I guess. :p

akuser47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
ohio
I'm thinking of cognac it's so tasty that I think it would be bad for my coils especially microcoil. I have yet to see a cognac flavor concentrate, but if there is one I'll probably try it. I know there are plenty of scotch n rum flavors. I'm not interested as much in them as I would be select brands I know to be good as liquor or single malts. I'm just learning diy ejuice so I don't need to complicate my mixes further. Lol all good but please share if there are cognac brandy flavors in the market. If not I may use some Hennessey to see if I can get flavor I like in an ejuice. I'm to poor for a Landy or better. I'm also to poor to have explored many wonderful brands outside of mainstream brands as well.

Last edited:

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I'm thinking of cognac it's so tasty that I think it would be bad for my coils especially microcoil. I have yet to see a cognac flavor concentrate, but if there is one I'll probably try it. I know there are plenty of scotch n rum flavors. I'm not interested as much in them as I would be select brands I know to be good as liquor or single malts. I'm just learning diy ejuice so I don't need to complicate my mixes further. Lol all good but please share if there are cognac brandy flavors in the market. If not I may use some Hennessey to see if I can get flavor I like in an ejuice. I'm to poor for a Landy or better. I'm also to poor to have explored many wonderful brands outside of mainstream brands as well.

You make a good point... I don't recall a Brandy/Cognac, though I haven't been looking either.

While wine can be much sweeter than a grain spirit, I still don't know what, or how much, survives the distillation (such as my question regarding a rum's effect on our coils/wicking).

And I just checked some of those "essences"... flavoring (mostly natural and extracts) and no surprise... PG. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread