Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
Well I just wanted to add the tips I made last year since I just found this thread.

tips2.jpg

tips1.jpg

tips.jpg
DSCN0810.jpg

donetanks.jpg

tipsontankcarto.jpg

handmadetips.jpg

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
I am glad this thread keeps on going! I have finally started doing these myself, tho I must say since I had nothing to start with it would have been much cheaper to just buy them for $2. Doh! So my question is which method is making them the most shiny? Putting a coating on or polishing by hand? I don't have a dremel, but I did buy the steel wool and the sandpaper. Then I seen on a sculpey site that u you use several different grits, I only have the one, and I also seen that u are supposed to "wet" sand them. Is anyone doing that? Apparently the dust is a bad idea, I did not know that till I read it. I have not polished any of mine yet, so I will wait to see what others say. On another note I was on a quest to find something non toxic to put on them and I came up with butchers block conditioner.

Digital-Dragon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
What type of mods do you make?any pictures of them?

So far I have made four mods, the first was a Puck Mod in a mint tin, and the next 3 are 18650 mint tin mods. I'm about to build a vv one that I have all the parts for. I'll be starting a new thread in the Battery Mods section of ecf in the next few days.

Edit: Here's the link, http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/279407-introducing-newmans-own-mod.html

And I'm playing with sculpey now...

Last edited:

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
So far I have made four mods, the first was a Puck Mod in a mint tin, and the next 3 are 18650 mint tin mods. I'm about to build a vv one that I have all the parts for. I'll be starting a new thread in the Battery Mods section of ecf in the next few days.

Edit: Here's the link, http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/279407-introducing-newmans-own-mod.html

And I'm playing with sculpey now...

I saw your mods just last night when I was going through the modding forum.Very nice mods Ive been wanting to do some.So far all Ive done are flashlight USB PT.Would it be cool to ask for help when I get into the other type mods from you?

Digital-Dragon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
I saw your mods just last night when I was going through the modding forum.Very nice mods Ive been wanting to do some.So far all Ive done are flashlight USB PT.Would it be cool to ask for help when I get into the other type mods from you?

Totally cool. These mint tin mods are really basic, and work really well. I have the parts to do usb charging in the mail though, and I'm about to build a double 18650 vv with volt meter whenever I get a chance to sit down and focus on it.

So yeah, questions are good, and I'll help out as much as I'm able.

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
Totally cool. These mint tin mods are really basic, and work really well. I have the parts to do usb charging in the mail though, and I'm about to build a double 18650 vv with volt meter whenever I get a chance to sit down and focus on it.

So yeah, questions are good, and I'll help out as much as I'm able.

That's awesome man please post pictures when you get done with it.

Digital-Dragon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
That looks real nice chopper.

I know it's a passthrough, but I want to gather as much info as possible about usb mods of any sort here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...internal-usb-charging-best-safest-method.html
Talk about how the usb works on your mods, we should probably take this conversation there, and let this thread get back to sculpey talk :)

And feel free to ask anything about my 18650 newman's mods in the newman's thread.

Oh, and I'm getting better at making symmetrical drip tips, but not picture quality yet...

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
For those wondering about the safety of sculpey for vaping - MSDS lists it as:

Quote:

SECTION I - PRODUCT IDENTIFICATION
PRODUCT NAMES: SCULPEY
SCULPEY III
SUPER SCULPEY
PRO SCULPT
SCULPEY SCULP-A-DOLL
SCULPEY LIVING DOLL
SUPER ELASTICLAY
SCULPEY MOLD MAKER
SCULPEY MOLD MAKER
& POLYMER CLAY CONDITIONER
GRANITEX
PREMO! SCULPEY
SCULPEY SUPERFLEX BAKE & BEND CLAY
AMAZING ERASER CLAY!
PRODUCT SIZES: 28 GRAMS – 454 GRAMS
PRODUCT CLASS: MODELING CLAY (OVEN HARDENING)

SECTION II - HAZARDOUS INGREDIENTS
None

SECTION III - PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL CHARACTERISTICS
BOILING POINT: N/A
MELTING POINT: N/A
VAPOR PRESSURE: N/A
SPECIFIC VAPOR DENSITY (AIR=1): N/A
SPECIFIC GRAVITY: N/A
SOLUBILITY IN WATER: N/A
REACTIVITY IN WATER: NON-REACTIVE
APPEARANCE AND ODOR: CLAY

SECTION IV - FIRE AND EXPLOSION INFORMATION
FLASH POINT (METHOD): N/A
AUTOIGNITION TEMPERATURE: N/A
EXPLOSION LIMITS IN AIR (% BY VOLUME): NOT EXPLOSIVE
EXTINGUISHING MEDIA: NO SPECIAL MEDIA REQUIRED
FIRE FIGHTING PROCEDURES: NO SPECIAL FIRE FIGHTING PROCEDURES REQUIRED
UNUSUAL FIRE & EXPLOSION HAZARDS: NOT COMBUSTIBLE
SECTION V - PHYSICAL HAZARDS/REACTIVITY
HAZARDOUS POLYMERIZATION PRODUCTS: NONE
STABILITY: STABLE CONDITIONS TO AVOID: NONE
INCOMPATIBILITY (MATERIALS TO AVOID): NONE
HAZARDOUS DECOMPOSITION PRODUCTS: NONE
SECTION VI - HEALTH HAZARD DATA
PERMISSIBLE EXPOSURE LEVEL: SEE SECTION II FOR COMPONENT PEL/TLVs
PRIMARY ROUTES OF ENTRY: EYE, SKIN, INHALATION, AND INGESTION
EFFECTS AND SYMPTOMS OF ACUTE EXPOSURE: NONE EXPECTED
EFFECTS AND SYMPTOMS OF CHRONIC EXPOSURE: NONE EXPECTED
CARCINOGEN LISTING: NTP: NO IARC: NO OSHA: NO
SEE SECTION II FOR COMPONENTS AFFECTED
MEDICAL CONDITIONS USUALLY AGGRAVATED BY OVER EXPOSURE TO THIS PRODUCT: NONE
FIRST AID MEASURES: NONE REQUIRED.
NO ACUTE HEALTH EFFECTS EXPECTED.
SECTION VII - SPILL OR LEAK PROCEDURES
PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN DURING STORAGE AND HANDLING: NONE REQUIRED
STEPS TO BE TAKEN IN CASE A MATERIAL IS SPILLED: NONE REQUIRED
WASTE DISPOSAL METHOD: DISPOSE IN ACCORDANCE WITH FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL REGULATIONS.

SECTION VIII - PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT/CONTROL MEASURES
RESPIRATORY PROTECTION AND SPECIAL VENTILATION REQUIREMENTS: NONE REQUIRED
OTHER PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (GLOVES, GOGGLES, ETC): NONE REQUIRED
WORK/HYGIENE PRACTICES: Do not heat above 175 degrees C (350 degrees F), allow to come in contact with an open flame or use with a hot knife or wire

SECTION IX - ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND WARNINGS
THIS INFORMATION SHEET IS FOR CONSUMER USE ONLY

SECTION X - COLOR INFORMATION
THIS MSDS APPLIES TO THE FOLLOWING COLORS WHICH ARE ASSOCIATED WITH HAZARDOUS AND/OR NONHAZARDOUS
INGREDIENTS:
Products Colors with Hazardous Ingredients
SCULPEY none
SCULPEY III none
SUPER SCULPEY none
PRO SCULPT none
SCULPEY SCULP-A-DOLL none
SCULPEY LIVING DOLL none
SUPER ELASTICLAY none
SCULPEY MOLD MAKER none
SCULPEY MOLD MAKER none
& POLYMER CLAY CONDITIONER
GRANITEX none
PREMO! SCULPEY none
SCULPEY SUPERFLEX BAKE & BEND CLAY none
AMAZING ERASER CLAY! none

I'd say it depends on how hot you vape. At 4.2 or below the vape would be about body temperature. PVC does not release any toxins below 300* F.
Also this(and I use FIMO)
"According to the information supplied by the manufacturer to the British Polymer Clay Guild, the old Fimo formula did not contain any of the banned phthalates. The existing formula apparently complied with the new laws. They just removed all of them to play safe - presumably, they believe that at some stage the law will change again and they want to be ready."

So I wouldnt go so far as to say alarmist, but it would have been better to simply ask which type of clay we are using....

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
hopefully I will have time to do a few this weekend. I also want to make some LavaTube stands...maybe I will make a little "cup" to test how absorbent it is and resistance/leakage into juice. I would LOVE to make some tank caps out of it!

It was on sale when I went to get it (2$ a small brick) so I got red, redder red, orangeish (on clearance for 77c), black, translucent, grey, gray, white, metalic silver, metallic pewter and a few others.

all in all about 11 colors for under 20$. Not bad!

Last edited:

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
I want to see if I can make something like these:
(Switch to images view if page does not load that way)
lavatank - Google Search

But with changable drip tips. I may need to get stronger clay (Fimo is quite a bit stronger than the sculpey from my reading), but just to probve the concept. Also, sculpey IS waterproof once it cures :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread