SE RIVA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

swt_silhouette

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
Boston
Although I don't know a lot about the technical stuff...

what I can determine from Scottbee's testing of Riva's, he is saying that there are two versions of Riva's. Riva1 and Riva2.

When I made my first purchase, I was very happy with the black Riva set I got. It vaped well, for about five or six hours. I ordered another set, in Titanium. It too vaped great, for about one hour.

(I was too new, to really pick up on how great that hour was! I notice it now. It really is sweet!).

I thought they, (the Titanium one's), were defective, and they were promptly replaced with one RIVA SE and one RIVA black.

The black RIVA I was sent is a version 2, judging by performance, and scottbee's description, (larger RIVA marking, and blue light inside battery well), The Stainless SE I recieved with it, is version 1 (smaller RIVA markings, and no blue glow in the battery well, when the button is depressed.) Less power out of the gate, lasts longer over all.

I like having both versions. The Black is a Power Hitter, which is nice, but can't be used with my 808 clearomzers, (which I use with an adapter, I got from LF), The vapor is way too hot. So I just switch them off to suit my needs. This has worked out very well.

I was wondering if there is going to be a way to order a specific version? I will likely purchase more, and just ordering the SE is no guarantee that you'll get a version 2. And maybe vice-versa, I don't know.

Are there any future plans to specify which version it is, you would like to buy?

Last edited:

swt_silhouette

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
Boston
Scott,
Yes. I read the thread you linked to, thanks for that. Very interesting stuff going on there. I thought that also, that there might be even more versions of the RIVA. One poster mentioned no RIVA markings at all, I believe, on his batteries.

I appreciate you mentioning , that EM would be well advised , to make updates to their batteries known. That would be good. :)

Last edited:

Abe

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 1, 2009
UK / US
www.liberty-flights.co.uk
If you can help them make batteries that I get less returns on, I am game!! Seriously, I have thought about this, it's got be worth some investment.

It might prove difficult to be able to order different revs of the same battery, we didn't even know they existed till Scott said so. Ty did say there was something about them but that was as far as it went.

swt_silhouette

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
Boston
I made the RIVA my first purchase, specifically because I had read that they lasted several hours between charges.

I suspect people are returning those that only last an hour or so, because it is widely stated that RIVAS last much longer than that. Some clarity as to which version, has the longer run time would probably help people sort out what to buy. Hopefully lead to less returns.

swt_silhouette

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
Boston
An excellent question..... and I'd love to hear the answer too.

I find it interesting that you have an SE that appears to be of the "R1" design.

I've also discovered a difference in cutoff times between my Riva batteries... leading me to believe that there are even more variations out there than just "2".

Turns out I may not have a SE after all. I just saw a pic of the stainless SE in the classifieds. Mine has gold accents, (I had thought it would be chrome, but wasn't sure). Now I see the SE's are chrome accented. I was told I would be sent a stainless SE, which was why I thought I had one. (Kind of wish I did...They are stunning!).

Last edited:
I have loved owning and vaping my Riva's. But iI am so frustrated with you guys right now I can barely stand to look at any of mine, black/stainless---Again the proplem is its been over 2 weeks of run around and only 1 working Riva pieced to me after the realization that the super deal on the stainless one is buying a set whose battery has only a 7 second cutoff. Yes thats right 7 seconds. In order to get a replacement, I ordered a 5 pack of your new atomizers which are great. But now after receiving 4 batteries, 2 with 7 second cutoffs, 1 not working at all this leaves me with 1 working battery after over 3 weeks and your telling me I'm gonna receive a credit on my next order but won't tell me how much?????????????? Come on, I have 67 atomizers and did not need the 5 extras I bought. As I told you in the many, many many emails which we exchanged, I really need the battery and don't really after this want to buy anything else from you. And at this point really can't recommend you you to anyone else either. You used to be the best. I have even sent a 30 ml gift of 555 to a csr for exceptional customer service. Whats going on with these Rivas. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to purchase 1 from somewhere else to have a working set. I wanted silver anyway, not black

Princessa

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
TN
Wow, OK... doesn't sound like we're even dealing with the same company, let alone people! Your comments about the 7 second cutoffs made me check to see if I'd just not noticed such a cutoff (I'd read in the past somewhere about the eGo having a 10 sec cutoff, more as a safety feature to prevent atty damage for misfires?). I don't think I would notice most of the time, because I'm always afraid of holding it too long and frying my atty. I guess I've gotten lucky, or we just got different items. My two recent orders have included:

Black Riva Carto Deluxe - came with carrying case, 5pk of Boge Carto 2.0, larger bore cones. Granted, I thought the batts may have been faulty as a few others had similar quirks, but they are actually running alright, and I have managed to get the buttons up from the angled/half stuck they were. Apparently the different supplier these came from, will most likely not be used again as they definitely gave OUR supplier some iffy merchandise.

Stainless Riva SE kit - came boxed with one cone, 2 attys, usb/wall-wart. I'd pulled mine out and they are certainly beautiful. Put them on existing chargers (from my myriad of LF eGo and Riva kits - I've probably got about 16 batteries by now between all the kits). But more importantly, comparing to the "silver" you said you wanted, sounds like you wanted/ordered this? But inadvertently were shipped black? You mention black/silver - is that the Black/Silver Riva SE kit then that has the 7-second cutoff? I was considering tossing one of those kits in a future order, to pair one up with an eGo-T atty (since they only have black).

eGo-T atomizers & cartridges - Wowza. Other than the extra length (these make my setup look like monsters attached to my 900mah eGo or PTs), I am actually in love with these. Unfortunately, I found them to NOT work on the Black Riva Carto Deluxe batteries, nor 2 of the 4 from 2 Riva kits ordered just before Xmas. It is the black that it does not work with, the titanium it does. Oddly, the batch the black came from luckily had an LR-510 atty - and the introduction to that I think has made that "flaw" acceptable.

Really sounds like you've been through quite the ordeal, and I do hate that for you. Which Riva/kit did you originally order? Did I just get lucky and not get the wrong one (in about 12 completed orders so far)? I'd seen so many folks have issues, and were promptly sent replacements - and in one post they mentioned a label for their return, it almost makes me think you wrote this in the wrong vendor's forum ;)

Last edited:
Wow, OK... doesn't sound like we're even dealing with the same company, let alone people! Your comments about the 7 second cutoffs made me check to see if I'd just not noticed such a cutoff (I'd read in the past somewhere about the eGo having a 10 sec cutoff, more as a safety feature to prevent atty damage for misfires?). I don't think I would notice most of the time, because I'm always afraid of holding it too long and frying my atty. I guess I've gotten lucky, or we just got different items. My two recent orders have included:

Black Riva Carto Deluxe - came with carrying case, 5pk of Boge Carto 2.0, larger bore cones. Granted, I thought the batts may have been faulty as a few others had similar quirks, but they are actually running alright, and I have managed to get the buttons up from the angled/half stuck they were. Apparently the different supplier these came from, will most likely not be used again as they definitely gave OUR supplier some iffy merchandise.

Stainless Riva SE kit - came boxed with one cone, 2 attys, usb/wall-wart. I'd pulled mine out and they are certainly beautiful. Put them on existing chargers (from my myriad of LF eGo and Riva kits - I've probably got about 16 batteries by now between all the kits). But more importantly, comparing to the "silver" you said you wanted, sounds like you wanted/ordered this? But inadvertently were shipped black? You mention black/silver - is that the Black/Silver Riva SE kit then that has the 7-second cutoff? I was considering tossing one of those kits in a future order, to pair one up with an eGo-T atty (since they only have black).

eGo-T atomizers & cartridges - Wowza. Other than the extra length (these make my setup look like monsters attached to my 900mah eGo or PTs), I am actually in love with these. Unfortunately, I found them to NOT work on the Black Riva Carto Deluxe batteries, nor 2 of the 4 from 2 Riva kits ordered just before Xmas. It is the black that it does not work with, the titanium it does. Oddly, the batch the black came from luckily had an LR-510 atty - and the introduction to that I think has made that "flaw" acceptable.

Really sounds like you've been through quite the ordeal, and I do hate that for you. Which Riva/kit did you originally order? Did I just get lucky and not get the wrong one (in about 12 completed orders so far)? I'd seen so many folks have issues, and were promptly sent replacements - and in one post they mentioned a label for their return, it almost makes me think you wrote this in the wrong vendor's forum ;)

No ight company liberty flights, i intially ordered silver and he said he could not send a replacement in silver so he sent black and one of those were broken so i'm still out. I think what has happened is hes gotten sick of replacing these batteries sooo if you happen to get a bad one as I did I think the times are changing and you will probably be stuck like me. They will most likely be ok with other kits but I caution everyone to bew3are of the Riva. Abe did say he'd credit me but will not say how much, I just want 2 working batteries

Princessa

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
TN
No ight company liberty flights, i intially ordered silver and he said he could not send a replacement in silver so he sent black and one of those were broken so i'm still out. I think what has happened is hes gotten sick of replacing these batteries sooo if you happen to get a bad one as I did I think the times are changing and you will probably be stuck like me. They will most likely be ok with other kits but I caution everyone to bew3are of the Riva. Abe did say he'd credit me but will not say how much, I just want 2 working batteries

The silver (stainless steel) Riva SE, or regular Riva Lite Bundle? The Riva Carto Deluxe didn't come in silver/steel, did it? Just curious, because there are different kits/bundles & differences from each supplier they've used too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread