Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Have you tried Realflavors cherry?
I haven't tried their straight cherry flavor,but they have a cherry pie flavor that tasted very authentic to me,which was a surprise because every other cherry i had tasted was like cough syrup,but that cherry pie was really good.I meant to get the straight cherry to try but forgot about it until now haha.
Thank you, putting that on the order list.

Reactions: HigherStateD

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Have you tried Realflavors cherry?
I haven't tried their straight cherry flavor,but they have a cherry pie flavor that tasted very authentic to me,which was a surprise because every other cherry i had tasted was like cough syrup,but that cherry pie was really good.I meant to get the straight cherry to try but forgot about it until now haha.
Also what did the cherry pie taste like? Did it have a pie crust, was it noticeable, and what percentage did you try it at?

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Also what did the cherry pie taste like? Did it have a pie crust, was it noticeable, and what percentage did you try it at?
It's been a while since i had it,but if i remember right,i think it did have a lite crust taste to it,but was mainly a slightly sour cherry just like you'd taste in the pie.I used the vg version around 10%,i can't remember if they have the super concentrate of that flavor or not,but if they do i would go much lower on it,maybe 2% or so to try.

Reactions: Blitzdonlife

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
It's been a while since i had it,but if i remember right,i think it did have a lite crust taste to it,but was mainly a slightly sour cherry just like you'd taste in the pie.I used the vg version around 10%,i can't remember if they have the super concentrate of that flavor or not,but if they do i would go much lower on it,maybe 2% or so to try.
Thank you for this, cherry is so hard to pin down. I don't mind some crust, good to know the crust was (probably) light. Many thanks. Anyone have a super concentrate story on this flavor?

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Ok, so I wa
I don't care for cherry but maybe you can get some ideas from watching this. Have you looked on elr recipes or all the flavors for recipes?

Okay, I watched this and what I took from it (and a few comments) is:

Real flavors cherry pie and/or wild cherry(2% wild cherry not strong but authentic decent cherry flavor.)

FW Maraschino cherry, ok not bad I

INW cherry light and dry, but best so far

FA apricot and INW marzipan combined with INW cherry as juicy body enhancers

INW marzipan is more cherry than almond, and FA marzipan is more almond than cherry, inw marzipan works in a creamy nougaty candy, not a jolly rancher or lollipop.

TFA cherry blossom, top-note cherry with a VAGUELY floral base. Not overwhelming by itself though and very good. Sweet and sticky. Can take over a mix easily. Good with citrus, but overwhelmed easily by the citrus. Good mixed with ice cream and (? somebody's ?) lemonade.

TFA Cherry flavor extract. Most accurate cherry, flat, boring, and weak. Not sweet or tart, in the middle. No body to speak of. No off-notes up to 7%. 5% is good, the bar is low for cherry flavors as a primary, and this was the only one which passed.

Not my opinion, just what I have gleaned from sources so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: kas122461

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Ok, so I wa

Okay, I watched this and what I took from it (and a few comments) is:

Real flavors cherry pie and/or wild cherry(2% wild cherry not strong but authentic decent cherry flavor.)

FW Maraschino cherry, ok not bad I

INW cherry light and dry, but best so far

FA apricot and INW marzipan combined with INW cherry as juicy body enhancers

INW marzipan is more cherry than almond, and FA marzipan is more almond than cherry, inw marzipan works in a creamy nougaty candy, not a jolly rancher or lollipop.

TFA cherry blossom, top-note cherry with a VAGUELY floral base. Not overwhelming by itself though and very good. Sweet and sticky. Can take over a mix easily. Good with citrus, but overwhelmed easily by the citrus. Good mixed with ice cream and (? somebody's ?) lemonade.

TFA Cherry flavor extract. Most accurate cherry, flat, boring, and weak. Not sweet or tart, in the middle. No body to speak of. No off-notes up to 7%. 5% is good, the bar is low for cherry flavors as a primary, and this was the only one which passed.

Not my opinion, just what I have gleaned from sources so far.
Pretty much any single flavor takes more than one brand to make a whole. Might look into the brands medicine flower, flavorah, nature's flavors. As I said you'll find good flavor notes on elr.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
A cherry-limeade that tastes like the sonic one, without bitterness and real cherry flavor/acidity

You may want to get a 10mL sample size of this cherry. I haven't found any of their One Stop Flavors and One Stop Blends that aren't "spot on" to what they're supposed to taste like. So far, I've tried 16 of them. Maybe this cherry will work for what you want.

One Stop Flavors - Wild Cherrylicious - 10ml

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Blitzdonlife - You might find this Clone Recipe for Sonic's Cherry Limeade drink to be of help. It's gotten 4.75 out of 5 stars in reviews.

Sonic Drive-In Cherry Limeade

From that page, flavorings that taste like Sprite, cherry juice made by Kool-aid (under the brand name Jammers is best), and Lime wedges...are the ones you'll need to find.

Last edited:
  • Agree

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
You may want to get a 10mL sample size of this cherry. I haven't found any of their One Stop Flavors and One Stop Blends that aren't "spot on" to what they're supposed to taste like. So far, I've tried 16 of them. Maybe this cherry will work for what you want.

I’ve never used one stop flavors and was wondering how concentrated they are? Do they fall into a % range generally speaking? You know, do they do best 1-3% or 3-5% or 5-9% or are they weak and need like 15-20%? Are you picking up what I’m putting down here? While I’m at it, what flavors outta the 16 are solid performers, are there some gotta haves in the bunch?

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas

Is there a shop that carries one stop flavors wild cherrylicious, real flavors cherry, and tfa cherry extract? I'm trying to make a single purchase if I can. If not, I'll order from multiple sources, just trying to find a good vendor which has all of these flavors.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I’ve never used one stop flavors and was wondering how concentrated they are? Do they fall into a % range generally speaking? You know, do they do best 1-3% or 3-5% or 5-9% or are they weak and need like 15-20%?

Their recommended % on the website for their One Stop Flavors and One Stop Blends...is 5-10%, when used as a single one-shot concentrate with your own PG, VG, and nic. I've found that to be a good suggested range for most of them I've tried. I haven't needed above that with any of them, and have used less of a couple that are more potent, at least to me, (ie. the Succulent Strawberry, the Blueberry).

While I’m at it, what flavors outta the 16 are solid performers, are there some gotta haves in the bunch?

My longterm absolutely top 3 favorites, that I use the most of for my own eliquids and for eliquids for a few friends are: Lucky Shot, Lotta Latte, and Baked Cinnamon Roll. I buy them by the 4oz. or 16oz. size. I next ones I use the most of are: Pink Lemonade, Blue Raspberry Slush, Margarita, Old Tyme Root Beer, and Licorice Torpedoes. These I use less of because of their potentcy, or because I make eliquids with them less often: Succulent Strawberry, Blueberry, Tennessee Whiskey, Sweet Southern Tea, Strawberry Milk, Pumpkin Spice Cream, and Butterscotch Malt.

I have these, too, but haven't tried them yet: Tropical Blend, Chocolate Mint, and Chocolate Cream.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Is there a shop that carries one stop flavors wild cherrylicious, real flavors cherry, and tfa cherry extract?

OSDIY's Wild Cherrylicious is 1 of their own proprietary flavorings. Chef's Flavours in the UK, and 1 other US vendor, carry a limited number of OSDIY's One Stop Flavors and One Stop Blends...but I can't remember who that US vendor is right now. Both of those only carry the top sellers though.

OSDIY has their Wild Cherrylicious and the TFA Cherry Extract, both in several sizes, but they don't carry the Real Flavors Cherry.

Your One Stop Shop for DIY Flavoring, Great Prices and Great Customer Service - Wild Cherrylicious sizes available

Your One Stop Shop for DIY Flavoring, Great Prices and Great Customer Service - TFA Cherry Extract sizes available

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread