Sedansa v2 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

markab

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Well, after having my Sedansa v2 e-cigarette for ten days I figured it was time for
me to offer my two cents. I originally discovered e-smoking and Sedansa's web site last
August. When I placed my order ten days ago I noticed that they had updated their web
site and that their e-cigarette description now had a v2 (version 2) now in it.

My package arrived to me in Toronto from Belgium in four business days, and
although I probably should have been charged it, I was off the hook for any tax or duty
charges. I ordered the Advantage Six Pack which arrived with one e-cigarette, thirty
tobacco flavored medium strength cartridges, one AC charger, One DC car charger,
and two batteries. Unfortunately, I soon discovered that the package did not include
a plug adapter to enable me to plug the AC charger into our North American style outlets.
Now I realize that Sedansa is a Europian based company but they should either include
the adapter or sell it on their web site for their international customers.

After picking up a plug adapter and charging up the first battery I was ready for
my first e-smoking experience. The first thing that struck me was just how much the
e-cigarette vapor looks like smoke. For my first few puffs I just drew the vapors into
my mouth and blew them out. Now the acid test, what was it like to actually inhale.
I didn't find that the vapors felt as "heavy" in my lungs as a traditional
cigarette but after just a few seconds I could feel the affects of the nicotine.
I went into e-smoking being cautiously optomistic, and now after ten days I honestly
think this ingeneous device really has the potential to keep myself and many many
others off tradional cigarettes for good. I've gone from smoking 15-20 cigarettes a
day down to 1 ! Infact two days this week I didn't have any. The craving for tobacco
cigarettes, in just this short time, is all but gone. I'm quite amazed.

I think because e-cigarettes are always "lit" and don't burn away I don't drag
on them as much as a tabacco cigarette. YMMV but I find that one cartridge lasts me
between one and a half to two days. And a fully charged battery lasts me
a full day (7am-11pm). batteries require two to three hours to charge.

I ordered the Sedansa cartridges with the "tabacco" flavour, and although I've
gotton somewhat use to it I really dont think it tastes great. Sedansa, as well as
some other e-cigarette suppliers offer a number of other flavours which I'm looking
forward to trying. I think going the e-liquid route and refilling your own cartridges
is the best route to go.

I made a few interesting discoveries in my first ten days that I thought I'd share
with you. If you inhale very slowly on the e-cigarette -just strong enough to trip the
light on, you get a stronger "hit", however, the atomizer heats up more quickly, which
may reduce it's life, and the "hit" seems to a have a harder, unpleasent edge to it.
Perhaps because the atomizer is atomizing more than just the nicotine -Yikes!
The English manual states that after each 1500 drags the atomizer will automatically
enter a cleaning cycle. This is cool, and will hopefully prevent it from getting
gummed up. If you inhale for more than approx. 6-8 consecutive seconds the light on
end of the Sedansa will start flashing and the atomizer will be turned off. I assume
this is probably a safety feature to save you and the atomizer an early demise.
I've also noticed that when the battery gets low the light will also start flashing.

I'd be hard pressed to be much happier with my e-smoking experience thus far,
however I do think there is a dark cloud on the horizon. E-smoking is still quite
new, and is only just now expanding into the Europian and North American market.
Governments are only just now beginning to look at e-cigarettes and its' implications.
I have no issues with it being tested for any potential health implications, or with a
fair tax being applied to it. My darkest fear is that governments may decide that
e-smoking won't ween people off nicotine and may promote non-smokers to take up
e-smoking and thus will ban e-cigarette products all together. Time will tell.

Mark

Bonzo

Feb 10, 2008
I'm a chain smoker. I've always been in love with tobacco. That being said, I received a Sedansa cigarette two weeks ago. Although I got a little frustrated in learning how to use it properly in the first two or three days, I finally tamed my new toy and I now enjoy it to its fullest extent! So much better than cigarettes in every aspect of it: clean smoke, great satisfaction, widely acceptable indoor use (i live in Montreal, Canada, and it's -20C today), virtually odorless, no ash, etc. One of the coolest part is the fact that you smoke it at your own pace. You can take 5 puffs in one minute, or one puff per hour, or even one puff per day - as you wish - unlike a real cigarette where you have to smoke it all in one short period of time. Actually the comparison is like a box of cookies: an e-cigarette is like opening the box and taking one when you want, which is logical, in opposition to a real cigarette which is like having to eat the whole box in the minutes following the opening. So e-smoking is amazing for those who work in offices, at home, etc. You take a puff of your cigarette whenever you want, at your own ......n rythm. Amazing advantage. Almost like magic.

And since it's quite new, I feel like a futuristic pioneer!

One worry: I'm asking myself some questions about the fact that a cartridge content darkens after many puffs taken.

But in brief, I am extremely satisfied with my Sedansa v2. It smokes so well once you get to know how to use it, the client service is very good, and the cartridges are awesome in terms of "smoke" quantity, longevity and taste (but again it took me few days to get used to their sweet-bread-fume-like-aroma, although I now prefer the sedansa carridges taste to real cigarette, which I cut down by 85-90% without real effort). I am only concerned about the price I paid. I'm quite sure they're making more than 50% profit or something, but yet, I'm cool with it.

By the way, non-smokers have not only been cool with its use in their home, but fascinated and amazed!

So for Sedansa e-cigarette v2, I give it 9 out of 10.

Bonzo
Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread