Semovar Early-Adopter Issues Resolved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethermion

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Virginia, USA
Don't get me wrong. I love my Semovar, and am not even sure there is an issue, rather than something I just don't understand. I get a full day on a single battery with power to spare. She is a beauty though.

photo(2).jpg

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
I got mine from Vaperev - it hit the FedEx box yesterday - and it's on it's way back. It took them about a day after I spoke with them on the phone to send me a packing slip as they paid for the shipping back to the store. They told me if they can't replace the chip, they'd send me a new device. Which is good for everyone I guess. I asked them to test fire the new one before they sent it so I would stop bothering them if and when it comes back broken again. I've heard great things about Vaperev from plenty of reviewers. Nobody has had anything bad to say about them. The chip that was on board at the time was SMNIVEL 1.4 with Firmware 1.80 installed on it. And looking at the SMNIVEL 1.4 chips, it's a crap shoot with that specific chip. You either get a good one or you get a bad one (this includes the chips that started off good). SM isn't really a bad company, it's just the batch of chips (specifically the 1.4) that's kind of a toss up.

ethermion

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Virginia, USA
Battery report:

I put in a Panasonic 3400mah NCR18650B in my Semovar on Wednesday at 5 in the morning.
Batttery is about 4 months old, and well used.
Nivel Chip 1.4, firmware 1.80.
Display intensity set to 2.
Button LED set to ON.
Battery cap inverted with spring pointing out.
Vaped all Wednesday at 12W
Vaped Thursday a.m. at 12W, then toggled down to 10W, then 8W for the rest of the day.
Vaped this morning (Friday) 5am to 8am.
Dead battery. Removed battery, re-inserted, got one vape. Dead battery.
Vape timer says 58 minutes of vape.
xtar VP1 reports 3.4V on dead battery.
Battery readings during this time showed 0.2V to 0.5V difference between unloaded and loaded.
No battery re-insertions other than noted above at the very end.
No errors, though I cannot see the window when I vape. It may have been throwing errors, but I noticed nothing from the vape quality.

I never got that far with my eVic, and my eVic was always at 8-9W.

I am very happy with my Semovar battery life. And I am going to stop neurosing about battery voltages. If I swap in a new battery every morning with my breakfast beer, life will be good.

SINphul

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Ashburn, VA
LOL, yeah, it's Washington, DC. Although if there were a direct current vapefest, I'd bring it there too :) It just looks like a gathering of vendors and enthusiasts. There's some workshop classes for folks that are new to vaping or rebuildables, but I'm just going to see if there are any good deals on hardware and meet some of the locals. I need another Kayfun. My Aspires and Kangers have been collecting dust since I got my Kafun Lite+ and my Russian 91%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread