FDA Sen Johnson (R-Wis) demands answers from FDA RE deeming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
It will never reach the tax revenue that tobacco does.

Don't think so either.

Anyone on this or any other vaper forum knows which way it's headed.
Anyone not content with these rather disappointing 'vapes' BT is pressing into the market, did stock up on hardware and software. So once it hits, these stashes get dug into.

Don't believe that Unca Sam is gonna get even a rusty dime out of any vaper here :D

Sure, it would be great if that whole deeming thing gets sunk, but too many of us been around the block too often to rely on the gubmint for some sensible decisions in that matter.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst....and don't quit fightin' :)

Truthdog

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2016
Washington, DC
The new FDA commissioner Scott Gottleib is being confirmed in a few weeks. He will decide what track to take in document production and - more importantly - in regulation of our products. Sen. Johnson is likely to give him time, but urge him forward on the right course. We'll make sure of it [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The new FDA commissioner Scott Gottleib is being confirmed in a few weeks. He will decide what track to take in document production and - more importantly - in regulation of our products. Sen. Johnson is likely to give him time, but urge him forward on the right course. We'll make sure of it [emoji106]

OffTopic.

But have you heard anything about the NicoPure Lawsuit?

Truthdog

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2016
Washington, DC
Should have been decided. We expect to hear any day now based on this judge's average time to decision. It may well be appealed tho, so it's possible there will be no immediate relief. I am very hopeful about this, but as Dad always said, "Hope is not a strategy!"

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Is the FDA Required to answer Non-Subpoenaed questions from a Senate Oversight committee?

It depends on whether you mean a general sense, a legal one or just plain ethically to respond to the boss of the comm heading authorization of the bal in your checkbook.

What does process mean [matter]? <shrug>

Good luck. :)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It depends on whether you mean a general sense, a legal one or just plain ethically to respond to the boss of the comm heading authorization of the bal in your checkbook.

What does process mean [matter]? <shrug>

Good luck. :)

Just say'n that Califf wasn't under a Requirement to give Mr. Johnson the type of response that Most of Us would expect.

And now Califf is Gone.

So there Isn't much Reason to make statements which will become part of the Public Record when the New FDA Commissionaire has Not been confirmed yet.

Reactions: MacTechVpr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread