The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Sense Screen Tank - coil compatibility?

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by Strtsmthng, Dec 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Strtsmthng

Strtsmthng Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    Hi there,

anyone own the Sense Screen tank yet and have insight on coil compatibility?
    I am wondering whether the coils from the TFV8 (standard) and therefore Blazer series would fit, or maybe TFV12 prince?

TiA!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Strtsmthng

Strtsmthng Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    Anyone? After all that praise the tank is receiving I figured more people would be using it by now...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. ShawnB85

ShawnB85 Senior Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    I have one but I haven't started using it yet. I literally just cracked open my Falcon tank after months of using the MeshPro.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Strtsmthng

Strtsmthng Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    Thanks for your reply!
    Do you per chance happen to have one of the following tanks and could check if the coils are cross compatible, especially if the Screen coils do fit?
    - Smok TFV8 (NOT any of the Baby versions)
    - Smok TFV12 Prince
    - Ijoy Captain X3/Avenger/Diamond/Katana

Your help is much appreciated, TIA!
    Stuart

• Like Like x 1
  5. ShawnB85

ShawnB85 Senior Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    I have the TFV8 Baby :( but do have a TFV12 Prince I can check for you. Going out on a limb and looking at the coils they look like they are going to be shorter than needed to fit. I will check for sure when I get home from work.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Strtsmthng

Strtsmthng Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    Fantastic, thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. muth

muth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Speaking of the Sense Screen.....have you seen the wood version and do you know anything about it? Sense says it's real wood. Integrity of wood?, is it engineered wood? What can I expect from long term use? Will it dent if I drop it? Can it be oil rubbed?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cloudlife_NJ

Cloudlife_NJ New Member

Feb 10, 2019
    It is real wood so I suppose you could oil it, but the problem I had with the wood is that it cracked on both the top fill piece and the bottom air flow ring. It's not super noticeable and doesn't feel like it's gonna fall apart, but important to keep in mind that real wood will expand and contract with hot and cold temps unlike the resin materials

• Like Like x 1
  9. muth

muth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Thx for the info. Great to meet someone who has it already. I'm ready with Howard's in hand! I bought it for my woodies and any other wooden goodies I might have.
    [​IMG]

10. ShawnB85

ShawnB85 Senior Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Oh, sorry I didn't get back before. I literally just started using my screen tank. The TFV8 Baby coils are not going to fit, they are going to be too small.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.