Shawn's concept of warranty replacement...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doc

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Torrington, CT 06790
Wish he would have replaced mine I e-mailed him after about a week of fighting with my DSE-601 to get a reasonable amount of vapor which out of the box it failed to do and he told me that if it was working just not producing much vapor that it wasn't under warranty. I've had it for close to 40 days now and it's been a constant fight getting it to produce a decent hit. Occasionally it works GREAT usually it doesn't though. On a bright note the atty is still as good as when I got it. Now I've noticed a stain forming on the bottom which I think is fluid leaking from under the atty and soaking through the wood it's even got little bubbles in the finish at the center of the biggest part of the stain. I'm pretty sure it was defective from the start but now my warranty is long past done. :(

I think I've owned FOUR (maybe five) of the DSE-601 EPIPES (I have 3 right now) and I can tell you that they are not nearly as predictable or consistent as they SHOULD be for a $70 PV device!!! I have one that is not doing so good right now and it only has MINIMAL WEAR & TEAR ON IT. Actually this one was a replacement that Shawn sent to me not very long ago and it's already acting up. There are some do's and don'ts that you MUST learn to keep them alive......and yet STILL they can give you issues at any given moment. I LOVE them when they are working in top form.....but for the price, that just doesn't happen consistently enough. They really NEED to do some MAJOR R&D work on these and improve them. First issue is having a quickly and easily REPLACEABLE ATTY!!!!!

Last edited:

wHack

Jun 23, 2009
Melbourne FL USA
I agree and it seems a minimal redesign is all it would take to make the atty replaceable. Another major improvement would be to fully seperate the airflow channel from the battery compartment preventing the possibility of getting fluid in the battery compartment. Also if we could remove the atty cleaning the airflow channel would likely be much easier making clogs easier to remove. Another nice thing would be to make the battery chamber removable allowing full access to the internals of the pipe making cleaning yet again much easier but that seems like it would be trickier.

What are some of your do's and don'ts. I've had mine for 42 days now and it still performs well when it is behaving but any advice would be awesome.

The Doc

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Torrington, CT 06790
I agree and it seems a minimal redesign is all it would take to make the atty replaceable. Another major improvement would be to fully seperate the airflow channel from the battery compartment preventing the possibility of getting fluid in the battery compartment. Also if we could remove the atty cleaning the airflow channel would likely be much easier making clogs easier to remove. Another nice thing would be to make the battery chamber removable allowing full access to the internals of the pipe making cleaning yet again much easier but that seems like it would be trickier.

What are some of your do's and don'ts. I've had mine for 42 days now and it still performs well when it is behaving but any advice would be awesome.

Be careful not to overdo it with dripping, the DSE601 is EASY to clog.

Place the pipe in a DRAINING POSITION whenever it is not in use! Use a small glass jar like the ones that contain the Iced Coffee bought at the supermarket. Remove the mouthpiece & cart, then set the pipe hanging "stem down" in the small jar. Always store it this way to avoid clogging. BE CAREFUL how thick you make your juice if you use any DIY glycerin mixes!

Never do cleaning burns for more than a few seconds per burn (forget the 20 second burns stated in the manaual). Do 3 or 4 burns of 5-6 seconds to avoid overheating the atty. Don't even bother doing any cleaning burns until you have already burned the majority of juice off the atty. Best way to do this is to vape it away normally, then remove the cart & mouthpiece. Now place your mouth on the bowl (CPR style) and blow into it while having the stem pointing downward into a jar. It will push out & burn off any excess juice trapped behind the atty. Do this until there is minimal vapor visibly filling the jar. IF you push considerable juice back onto the atty, put the mouthpiece back on and vape it away very well. THEN do the CPR, then your short cleaning burns. I also let the batteries stay on the charger long after the LED changes color (8-12 HRS total)....at least once every 3 or 4 cycles......they probably trickle charge at very low current, which seems to make them work better. Always do your cleaning burns with a FRESHLY CHARGED battery for best results. IF you keep the burns short, you can do them more often without shortening atty lifespan. It improves performance and flavor.

For best cart performance, look at the position of your atty TIP and be sure to position the cart (CW or CCW) for MAX atty tip penetration onto the cart. You don't get the max performance by just pushing the cart in centered...or any old random way. There is a mechanical relationship between the two and you should match one to the the other when inserting the cart. Again, you want the atty tip to get into the cart as deeply as possible. The atty is NOT factory installed in the same position in every DSE601....not by a long shot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread