She shoots! She scores!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Jo~

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
People's Republic of Illinois
I wish I could, Max, but I'm a complete DIY newbie. The PA order was my very first flavoring order.

It's odd that she describes the Chocolate Flavor as milk chocolate, because she also has a flavor called Milk Chocolate.

I haven't made up any plain chocolate eliquid yet; I think I'll do that today as an experiment. I haven't done it so far because the Milk Chocolate doesn't *smell* like milk chocolate. Actually, in a blind smell test, I don't even think I'd peg it as chocolate at all. I know that the smell in the bottle can sometimes be deceptive, but OTOH, the smell has to at least give me a reason to hope.

The regular Chocolate Flavor smells more like a dark chocolate to me than a milk chocolate. Experimentation my prove me wrong, but my nose says none of her chocolate flavors are what I'm seeking.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I don't even bother with smelling the flavoring anymore... it doesn't tell me anything useful. The FlavourArt Torrone I have only smells like sweet almond, but in the mix it blossoms with time into a rich Italian nougat flavor that's quite incredible.

If your milk chocolate mix doesn't taste quite right at first, just let it sit for a few days and try it again. I find that a little aging is frequently needed to get the best flavor. The Torrone mix only tasted faintly of anise in the first few hours but changed completely after a day or so.

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
I have tried the Capella chocolates, FlavourArt chocolate and cocoa, and the Perfumers Apprentice chocolates. In my opinion the Perfumers Apprentice plain chocolate has the most true flavor BUT it is very weak. The Capella Double Chocolate has a good strong chocolatey flavor but it is missing something.

If I use enough flavoring to make any of the chocolate flavors sufficiently strong strange notes come through that make the liquid icky.

I am using the PA version when just a hint of chocolate is needed and the Capella when I am mixing with powerful flavors like cherry.

NONE of them are really good chocolate or milk chocolate flavors and I have yet to come up a mix that works well.

So the search goes on!

:)

JaYBoNeS

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Vancouver
I find that I need to add some mint to chocolate flavours to bring out the chocolate. Same thing with coffee flavour. Just a little bit. I don't measure, but after being unimpressed by both the chocolate and coffee, and the both combined, I decided to add a little mint to see what would happen and now it tastes like chocolate and coffee, and combined... mocha. This was a very welcome fluke.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Capellas double chocolate to me tastes like canned choc frosting kind of choc. I like it a lot, but it tends to clog my attys some. Mixed with Capella Toasted Almond its heavenly, and really reminds me of a hershey's almond bar.

The smell or the taste of a pure flavor does not tell you what it will be like vaping it. And I find that sometimes using a little less flavor actaully can allow it to come out more than too much. Also, like soups and stews, juices can often be better after they sit a day or so. Using 25% flavor can be great for a few minutes of vaping, but it might get cloying, and its going to bloom more after a day or so. 10% is a good starting point with most flavors.

Anyways, congrats on your first DIY, Jo! Soon you will be making flavored juices better than what you can buy online, and way cheaper, and with full control and knowledge of the ingredients. I would recommend getting a syringe...makes making a juice so much easier and more reproducibly accurate. Have fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread