• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Shelf life of juices??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Whitecloud

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2012
Richmond B.C
Great thanks Nikkita....now I know I can hoard a bit....Yeah makes you wonder about some mix-ologists some are train wrecks and some are the best at what they do......make us happy happy happy.I think a juice taste test like they do for wine would be cool a get together over a few cocktails try different juices......and vape our brains out:D

Mr.Whitecloud

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2012
Richmond B.C
Then you have to try and arrange a vape meet with some other BC folks ... sounds like they are the equivalent of a wine tastings from what I hear. Or we should all save our pennies and arrange a vape meet in Hawaii :D .... *sigh* I can dream

Hell they had Woodstock....lets have a Vapestock.....on the grounds of Health Canada:D

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I have recently been vaping my 3 year old juices that I disliked at the time of purchase. I have wondered the same thing. Anyway either my taste buds have changed, or they have improved vastly with age - because now I like them again (well, at least the ones I have tried so far, since I have a giantic stockpile).

Mr.Whitecloud

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2012
Richmond B.C
This is an interesting topic. Can someone with any chemistry background comment on what might be the reason for any sort of shelf life for eJuice. Does the nicotine breakdown, the flavors, the base? Maybe even comment on what might be the optimal storage conditions.

That is one hell of a good Idea,I wanna taste test as many juices as I can,and stockpile a few of my favs......well just incase ;)

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
The optimal storage is a cool, dark place. I believe it's the flavourings that break down fastest and therefore the issue. Though I don't think that 24 months is a short shelf life by any means. Certain juices supposedly go bad quite a bit faster than others. I've heard vanilla is one of them.

I don't have a chemistry background, this is just what I've read on here from others experiences.

TrueNorthist

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cariboo Country, BC
I doubt we will get many working chemists to weigh in publicly on this topic -- at least not any that actually care about their professional reputations. Any opinions available today seem to fall into the realm of "grey literature" owing to the current, virtually global political status of this subject. I have been relying on the regulations that govern the nic and flavour extracts used. PG and VG are both incredibly stable and can be stored for lengthy periods ranging upwards of 20 years if kept dark and cool and are rated USP or better.

2 years appears to be the shelf life of pharma grade nicotine and is as good an indicator as anything I have found to date. I am wondering though if something like -20C would be an ideal long term storage temp for thoroughly blended product and will be putting some well steeped samples of various strengths and mixes into my deep-freezer for a few months. I'll be sure to post my findings in the forum when the time comes, but 2 years in a cool, dark place seems a safe bet for the time being.

Targone

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I find this happens quite often with my taste,not really old juice but juice I put aside because it tastes terrible.
Try it a few weeks later and I like it! Works the other way as well,a juice I like can turn into one I don't like.

I have recently been vaping my 3 year old juices that I disliked at the time of purchase. I have wondered the same thing. Anyway either my taste buds have changed, or they have improved vastly with age - because now I like them again (well, at least the ones I have tried so far, since I have a giantic stockpile).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread