Sherlock Ohms looking for Dr. Wattson (Batitude will do)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrillRX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
California, USA
Being nit picky here, I know, but it's the amp limit of the WEAKEST battery in the chain!

As for the diesel trucks, they put those batteries in parallel, not series! The voltage is still 12v, but it doubles up the amperage to provide more cranking power to start the high compression engines.

Did I say series? Yes parallel.

Thanks for the correction.
That is what I meant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papabogart

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Satis, Faction
Thanks for the input everyone. Very helpful.
Attypops, thanks for saving my sanity re: voltage and DC. Ohms law and the scope results in the reviews are now back in equilibrium for me.
I decided not to mess with stacking. As I'm not comfortable yet with mech, I can't rationalize stacking a regulated mod.
Decided to get a SID as it's compatible with my eVic, it's inexpensive back-up, looks better (to me) than the Max, Vamos and Innokins and gives me some (admittedly not much) wattage/volts/amps to play with.
I'll just wait for the DNA30, or for an improved and or less expensive version of the DNA20.

Again, Thanks, you have all been very helpful to a novice.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Just a note....
The regulated mods....some are designed for stacked batteries. That's different. I use one (a box mod). It doesn't have a booster, just a voltage regulator (switching reg...bucking but not boosting). So that's OK.

In my case, with a box mod that can't build up pressure, and while using two protected batteries plus the short protection in the voltage regulator (that's 3 layers of protection) I'm OK with it. So it can be done.

It's done by some in the mech world too. THAT takes experience and understanding and constant vigilance on battery status. That's not recommended, IMHO. Single battery mechs are enough with some of these high-drain batteries having 30 amps or more.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Did I say series? Yes parallel.

Thanks for the correction.
That is what I meant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't sure what you were saying, that was the problem and the reason for the correction, I didn't want someone to get the wrong idea. It wasn't meant as a slight against you, or anyone else, at all, just thought it should be clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread