Sherman RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2017
Suing china , now thats something that's never likely to happen

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
LOL yeah sure, sue CHINA because a company based in China is possibly violating some kind of copyright © law OK!?! I'm sure that's what you meant right? I mean lawsuits like I mentioned must happen all the time we just don't hear about that happening in this industry?! There must be a reason for that. Right? Somebody should Google that. Maybe I'll get on that and get back to you.

Jul 14, 2017
There has been this debate about brands of cigarettes though previously , my issue where eventually sorted , ive had Clones of Taifun Gtv3 and Vapour giants , SRv4 to try before committing to buying Original versions , Since i have a lot of mods tanks an diffrent styles to play with , I have the 30mm mod father already ,the voltrove is too big not practical in pocket for out and about ,
where as a small Vt 75 dna an Taifun or VG V4 is then when home I can go back to bigger mods an RTA,s
96a08683f48195854abc440e4d27b0dd.jpg
bf31cc274ea68a04be3284ffaddb1638.jpg
f70406fd200583cdc1e46c12a76ebc87.jpg

All the other clones that I have suck vaginal bloodfarts! I got 3 of the Vgod pro drip rda and the Kennedy roundhouse 25 that are just poop quality. That Sherman is just outstanding next to those turd lickers.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2017
It does happen all the time but it takes way to long to go any where and costs too much,
To make it kind of pointless since every one is copying every one in the vape industry

You're right! Everything is basically just a slightly different version of something else. Kinda just like suvs lolz

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2017
Personally, I'm totally ok with pmma or ultem. I actually prefer it. It's lighter and it doesn't break as easy. I think it's funny when the terms "deal killer" and "cheap" keep coming up with these atties that sell as quickly as they're made. Apparently, not everyone has a problem with it. Why is it "buying into the hype"? It's not hype, it's how they designed their products. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

I'll agree on the Frankenskull though...And folks are paying ALOT more than $200 for it.
I really hate when people say things like "it must be good if everyone is buying it" PEOPLE ARE EFFING STUPID!! the masses would eat turds if Gordon Ramsey prepared them with shallots and garnished them with squeeze bottle sauce and truffles.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Depends on who clones them an actually what they are clones of obviously if you picking up a 8dollar clone it certainly isnt going to be the same as 30 dollar clone from a reputable clone company ,
There actual decent clone company brands, and occasionally they can drop a bollock on some , hence why theres so many threads on them ,
Sherman is just ....e design to begin with, plastic tank, crappy threading. Not the utlem originally was just cheap plastic that broke removing it , an was a crummy tank cracker
Originally china made,
The clone actually came out better than the V1/V2,
The V3 looks better ,
So does the RDA,
Its still got massive Design flaw of not enough room between the chamber an the tank for high VG ,
means you need to cough up for a bubble tank or buy another tank kit to actually get a glass tank for it to stop the airlock or leaking if using more pg based juices its either locked up or piddling out ,
if you read the whole thread many had many problems with the authentic , when you buy a clone your expectations are lower which the clone Actually came better than authentic lmao

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2017
We'll, I suppose if I ever had that happen, it would be an issue. I've never vaped plastic either..... Except for the time the nozzle on my bottle hit the coil....Lol

I guess I'd personally be a little hesitant to vape anything that could melt or "dissolve" plastic. If I insisted on vaping a juice that dissolves plastic, I guess I'd find something with a glass tank. Or a stainless steel tank. I don't think I'd go out of my way to complain about everything that didn't fit my needs though.
You make a good point. If it dissolves plastic do you really think it should be vaped?

Jul 14, 2017
Depends on who clones them an actually what they are clones of obviously if you picking up a 8dollar clone it certainly isnt going to be the same as 30 dollar clone from a reputable clone company ,
There actual decent clone company brands, and occasionally they can drop a bollock on some , hence why theres so many threads on them ,
Sherman is just ....e design to begin with, plastic tank, crappy threading. Not the utlem originally was just cheap plastic that broke removing it , an was a crummy tank cracker
Originally china made,
The clone actually came out better than the V1/V2,
The V3 looks better ,
So does the RDA,
Its still got massive Design flaw of not enough room between the chamber an the tank for high VG ,
means you need to cough up for a bubble tank or buy another tank kit to actually get a glass tank for it to stop the airlock or leaking if using more pg based juices its either locked up or piddling out ,
if you read the whole thread many had many problems with the authentic , when you buy a clone your expectations are lower which the clone Actually came better than authentic lmao

It's good to hear the clone's better than the authentic. Glad I didn't waste any money on the the authentic. Lolz

Reactions: benley73
Jul 14, 2017
But air bubbles still form especially using higher VG liquids , it might not dry hit for you but its far from free flowing to the wicks , using thinner Liquids opens up for leaky refills , since no pressure equalisation grooves on the top cap , when sealing , you should not have to flip upside down at this level an price ,

I had the same air bubbles. I poke a thin bit of cotton out to create a line for juice to grab and flow freely into the juice channel on

Jul 14, 2017
Yeah, I got mine from 3f as well, I think I got the kindbright version and it is flawless. The only thing was with the original plastic tank the wicking wasn't as efficient and filling was a pain. Now with the Ohmega Alpha Plus bubble tank it has cured all those problems. ....great tank.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Does that ohmega have something for the short version?... I've been asking that all day but haven't seen a reply yet. It must be a stupid question lolz

Jul 14, 2017
Ordered a clone over a month ago, package came and they forgot? to put the Sherman in it, got a refund, ordered for an extra $10 off Ebay, arrived this morning. Threading smooth and buttery, very clean excellent fit/finish very good machining, no sharp threads.

Airflow ring on the one I got is perfect resistance, not loose at all as others have mentioned.

Built with a couple 316L Claps 3.5mm .12 running @70 watts wicking perfectly no issues keeping up, zero leaks or seeps so far have refilled it 4 times.

Also can confirm that Glass tank from BFT fits and works fine, OD is slightly larger so a bit of an overhang but not bad.

UZcMeNV.jpg
The BFT what?

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Does that ohmega have something for the short version?... I've been asking that all day but haven't seen a reply yet. It must be a stupid question lolz
Not really sure what you mean about short version but check vaporworld.biz as they have replacement glass for the Ohmega Alpha 30mm rta that fits the sherman. They also have the newer Ohmega Alpha Plus accessory kit with pmma regular and bubble that works on the sherman as well.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Damn that's crazy the aromamizer plus already feels like just breathing when it's all the way open?! I don't understand how it could have more.
When you try them side by side you notice that the aromamizer plus has some restriction compared to the modfather. Just tried it right now, gotta close my afc on the modfather about halfway to mimic the AP.

I like the AP overall though and the afc wide open is just right for me.

Jul 14, 2017
Oh wait, I forgot there is a short version of the Sherman, tried it once, felt like less capacity than an rda.

No, the Ohmega Alpha only replaces the tall tank

It totally is less capacity than an rda lolz I just like the way it looks more. Ima vain ....

Reactions: mjag

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
if you hold a clone and an authentic in your hand and look at them, you'd know they aren't even close to 'exactly the same'. I haven't vaped a clone, not saying they're bad but they aren't the same thing as the original...and Asylum had nothing to do with the cloning, it was, like everything else, just backwards engineered...it's not rocket science to steal someone else's design. I have had my sherman since they first got into this country and never have any problem with wicking, and I only use the regular, non-bubble tank...it's your wicking, but I know you don't want to hear that. 100 bucks isn't a lot for a tank, imo, but everything is relative...there are tons of cheaper options out there, including clones, but clones are not the same as authentics. You can spot the differences in seconds, once you know what you're looking for.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Its crap , its nothing to do with wicking the tank was just junk read the early thread , the burrs of sharp metal left on threads i posted , mod father had no problem , , ive bought tanks twice the price half the size , that give lot better Flavours im more into high end RTA, not junk ,
An dont know if your buying the cheapest clones but some are done just as good if not better than authentic Version,s , depending on which brand or high end RTA its cloning ,
where you have to put huge dual coils , an max wattage just get Flavours , squape rta , skyline , doggy , Hussar, Evl reaper , , dam every steam crave is better than sherman , i got mine early and had nothing but problems with it crappy customer service which took 3mths to send out Replacement parts , i know how to wick an RTA thanks ,
I get theres fan boys calling every one out to justify them being had over ,
but honestly the Supreme plus or Mod Father RTA just make the Sherman look even more pitiful, its a cheap china tank , made in china with UK prices, designed on scraps of paper , Tom at Imperial vapes has some of the worst customer service ,
Steam crave reply within hours and there over seas, i bought mine directly in UK from them at Imperial vapes dont try to insulate me by saying i can build or wick , because your trying to justify you being screwed over there hundreds of better RTA,s RDA,s out there than this , no matter price ,
If i want i will buy it , im not short of funds,
Ive had it sold it nothing but quality issues with mine,
Ive had hundreds of RTA,s over the years
some good some fantastic at the time
An some dam right Crap ,
an id list this as just that,
its a cheap china made with an over inflated price to fool thoses enough to defend it ,
threading on the clone version is better than original Authentic Version, bought for spares and turned out better quality, go figure.

many say it leaks ,
many complained about it , but no its always got to be the user,
but not true its Actually the terrible workmanship they had them made cheaply ,

This is one RTA where the Clone turned out better than authentic ,
which why most sold them off for the V3 that they fixed a lot of the faults never mind took 3 Versions to get right.

My Taifun GTv3 , and my GTV3 mini provide better crisper Flavours.
might of cost me more to buy them but use less juice less wattage, and i use them more,
My mod father 30mm 3 decks 3 tank sizes left the sherman for dust ,
Supreme is better built it too had problems at start with thin top cap jamming ect but they sorted that within a week shipping parts out to buyers free,

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2017
if you hold a clone and an authentic in your hand and look at them, you'd know they aren't even close to 'exactly the same'. I haven't vaped a clone, not saying they're bad but they aren't the same thing as the original...and Asylum had nothing to do with the cloning, it was, like everything else, just backwards engineered...it's not rocket science to steal someone else's design. I have had my sherman since they first got into this country and never have any problem with wicking, and I only use the regular, non-bubble tank...it's your wicking, but I know you don't want to hear that. 100 bucks isn't a lot for a tank, imo, but everything is relative...there are tons of cheaper options out there, including clones, but clones are not the same as authentics. You can spot the differences in seconds, once you know what you're looking for.
I don't know. I feel like Asylum should be able to sue whoever's making these clones because they're even using the logo. That's just why I feel like they must have permission to make the clones or something because otherwise they, and all the other's, wouldn't be getting away with it. There must be some kind of arrangement=$. But other than that as far function goes I haven't had any problems other than my acrylic tank cracking from Mr Marange. I have done well with making appropriate coils and wicking. It works great for me. There is no significant difference between my clone and the authentic. I saw a forum where someone was comparing some clone they had with an original but mine is nothing like the clone they had. It's exactly like the original that they had so... Lolz. In my opinion, while the Sherman is an awesome tank it's just not worth $100 bucks. It's just not. If the manufacturer that makes the one I have can sell it for $20 bucks then so can/should Asylum. They sure would sell a lot more and everyone that bought it would feel like they got their monies worth. They'd make more money in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread